Google image search @ co.th broken?

RKASA

If I use a vpn and avoid google.co.th and use another google server it works fine for image search.

If I just use it normally it defaults to google.co.th shows 3 images and the rest blank place holders that won't follow address ether - major fail of some sort. I have to turn on a vpn everytime I wish to image search anything at all using google.

I can switch to duck duck or other search and they work just fine also even without vpn so it must be google in Thailand. Been like this for more then a month. I know I could just not use it but reality is the main propose of google in Thailand is speed and search options using google can be better or at least they were until lately.

What are you searching for ?

I just checked Google (Thailand) and the image search works !

coffee1.gif

biggrin.png Nothing that would be blocked that is why I wanted to know. Besides Duck Duck would still filter without a vpn but works and google outside Thailand is working for me.

Guess - I will just work around co.th server.

PS Firefox - just used another browser and it worked so co.th does not like Firefox - the other google sites work with Firefox just fine but i can't get past the defaulting address without vpn running? perhaps they are missing an update to the server. I really don't want to use the other browser ether so it solve nothing.wai.gif My Firefox is fully up to date.

I will just run Duck Duck Go but it is a bit slower.

FireFox (v40.0.3 ...now updating because I dared to look, so now v42.0) on Windows 10 64-bit connects to Google.co.th image search fine, for me.

Do you have any 'plugins/extensions/addons/services' enabled in FireFox that can be messing (ie: filtering, augmenting) the pages you're viewing?

FireFox (v40.0.3 ...now updating because I dared to look, so now v42.0) on Windows 10 64-bit connects to Google.co.th image search fine, for me.

Do you have any 'plugins/extensions/addons/services' enabled in FireFox that can be messing (ie: filtering, augmenting) the pages you're viewing?

Firefox 42 and I disabled the ad ons at one point and they work with google outside Thailand anyway. 32 bit version on one PC the others like laptop are 64bit they all do the same thing from here. No matter which OS. IE worked OK but I don't use that daily and run mostly linux anyway which rules out IE as a default browser across platforms. I have to use dtac 3g I don't know why that would make a difference I have good internet connection. I ll connect my laptop in town with someones wifi and see if that makes a difference they have tot and I can dual boot and check both OS with IE and Firefox.

It is more just a matter of wanting to know why more then caring that much - I have no problem using a work around. I had a similar problem with email via Thunderbird imap and gmail servers not logging in randomly across all My PC's and having to go to accounts via browser once then they would work again for awhile - that lasted a month then went away. I never did find out why. This might also do that.

It just don't add up - so I m obsessing a bit. The cure for an obsession: get another one.biggrin.png

More than likely it has to do with your 3G Internet Connection (even though the same query will work fine with the same 3G connection but using a VPN Tunnel).

The google image page isn't 'static', but utilizes javascript that requires precise back-and-forth timed communications to render the pages.

When connecting directly to th.co the 3G provider 'air interface' may be subject to noise/interference where data may be misinterpreted (or discarded and requiring packet resends).

When connected over VPN using the same 'air interface', the VPN is an emulated Ethernet connection and packet recovery probably handled differently via the VPN protocol.

If your curiosity was high enough, a simple live comparison test could be done between your 3G Internet vs Wired Internet (aDSL / Cable DOCSIS / Fiber connection), repeat the same queries from the same browser using the different connection methods.

More than likely it has to do with your 3G Internet Connection (even though the same query will work fine with the same 3G connection but using a VPN Tunnel).

The google image page isn't 'static', but utilizes javascript that requires precise back-and-forth timed communications to render the pages.

When connecting directly to th.co the 3G provider 'air interface' may be subject to noise/interference where data may be misinterpreted (or discarded and requiring packet resends).

When connected over VPN using the same 'air interface', the VPN is an emulated Ethernet connection and packet recovery probably handled differently via the VPN protocol.

If your curiosity was high enough, a simple live comparison test could be done between your 3G Internet vs Wired Internet (aDSL / Cable DOCSIS / Fiber connection), repeat the same queries from the same browser using the different connection methods.

"comparison test could be done between your 3G Internet vs Wired Internet" yea that is what I m going to do this week - I will even bring the router not just the aircard and use a friends tot internet so I can see both from his router/LAN and mine own router/LAN with 3g source - the only difference will be another dtac tower then the one I use at home, but still if they both work there then it maybe it is the local tower transmission not the whole of dtac. It worked fine until maybe a month ago so maybe it will also leave at some point. Thanks.