Canopy walkway set to open

rooster59

Canopy walkway set to open

BANGKOK: The Botanical Garden Organisation will next month unveil to the public the country's longest canopy walkway, which was constructed with a Bt50-million fund at the Queen Sirikit Botanic Garden in Chiang Mai's Mae Rim district garden, as a new eco-tourism attraction.

Garden director Suyanee Vessabutr said yesterday this 400-metre-long steel-body walkway rises 20 metres above ground. On the walkway, there are several small |balconies whose floors are made of glass so 4-5 visitors at a time could stand on and admire the panoramic view or take pictures. Guides would also be on hand to provide related botanical knowledge, she said, adding the walkway would allow up to 40 visitors per time. The garden would allow free access to this walkway during this first period, she added.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Canopy-walkway-set-to-open-30273470.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-11-22

According to the staff at the entrance, foreigners are being charged 100 Baht and Thais 40 Baht.

Foreigners holding a Thai DL get a 50% discount.

This will attract a huge number of Thais, so don't go there on a weekend.