Extension of stay first renewal question

Hi all

I am about to apply for extension of stay (retirement over 50 and 800000 baht etc)

I am married to a Thai lady but have been advised by udon immigration not to bother with visa based on marriage as it it is a lot more complicated and troublesome

I probably will get me visa ok'd end of December 2015 but I now need to head back to the UK late March for approx six months for medical reasons and wind up property affairs etc

My question is.. I was told that if I apply for a re entry permit prior to leaving Thailand and then on arrival back at suvarnabhumi I will be stamped in and given another years extension of stay?

Is this true, or what is the correct advice...maybe ubonjoe can clarify for me

Thanks all in advance

Manxlad

No that is not true - you need to obtain a re-entry permit prior to leaving but on return it will be stamped for entry until the permitted to stay time that was in your passport when you applied for the re-entry permit. In other words you return to complete you previous extension of stay.

A re-entry permit will only keep a permit to stay valid it adds no additional time. You will be stamped in up to the date your extension ends.

I think somebody was confusing a re-entry permit for an extension based upon retirement with a OA visa.

Also an extension of stay based on marriage is no problem and quite easy to do.

It means more work for them and that is why they push you towards the retirement option.

Aeeiiiii, not true.... there is a hell lot of more stuff to fulfill with an marriage extension.... For BOTH parties,

THAT is why they are pushing towards the retirement-extension of course. Fully understandable.

Glegolo

According to a post by an visa agency in the web ( name withold for obvious reason) but can be logged -on by searching Embassy visa service or such?

A retirement visa is valid for one year, observing the rule of 90 days reporting.

My visa ( retirement) is valid until mid March 2016.

My 90 day timing is then due in February 2016.

How can i extend my 1 year retirement visa without leaving Thailand?

Proof of means for living 800.000 Baht:

I have a pension from Germany , the money is paid into a german bank and i withdraw Thai baht with my Mastercard or with my Kasikorn bank card as I have an account with them.

How can I proof that I have 65 000 baht available for a month.

Is the money ( Euro) in the german bank a proof for income? Even it is not exeeding 28.000 Baht a month, but the combination of the pension and the deposit in the Thai Bank ( to be deposited for 3 months) prior to the visa application/retirement for 1 year) and say 450.000 bsht in thre bank will get me to the 800.000 Baht

How can I obtain a letter from my embassy, and what do they need? Is one or two (monthly) copy of a bankaccount statement sufficient, I have retained some withdrawal slips from my Thai bank-accounts withdrawals also the Mastercard withdrawal slips here in Thailand

Thanks guys for your information, that clarifies my possible regarding re entry issues

On the marriage extension it appears here in udon that it is a lot more intensive a procedure with such documents as tabian baan, I D cards multiple photos of house and the couple posing in various places ( including both sitting on the marital bed ) a detailed map of where you live, a letter and ID card of a near neighbour who has a hi so profession and is also agreeable to being interviewed and an impromptu visit from immigration officers at your house etc etc

So just ridiculous red tape to go through instead just go down the simple route if you have the necessary 800000 that has seasoned correctly imho

According to a post by an visa agency in the web ( name withold for obvious reason) but can be logged -on by searching Embassy visa service or such?

A retirement visa is valid for one year, observing the rule of 90 days reporting.

I have a pension from Germany , the money is paid into a german bank and i withdraw Thai baht with my Mastercard or with my Kasikorn bank card as I have an account with them.

Is the money ( Euro) in the german bank a proof for income? Even it is not exeeding 28.000 Baht a month, but the combination of the pension and the deposit in the Thai Bank ( to be deposited for 3 months) prior to the visa application/retirement for 1 year) and say 450.000 bsht in thre bank will get me to the 800.000 Baht

How can I obtain a letter from my embassy, and what do they need? Is one or two (monthly) copy of a bankaccount statement sufficient, I have retained some withdrawal slips from my Thai bank-accounts withdrawals also the Mastercard withdrawal slips here in Thailand

I dont know if it is OK by you to hijack this thread insteade of you starting your own. But6 let me start. A couple of your questions is quite easy, and instead of lean back, try to contact you embassy and see they have a lot of information for you i.e. how you can proove your income. They will, if you have the documents, issue a letter on their letterhead confirming your pension....

Rest of your questions,,, I am not even sure what you have in your passport... Retirement-VISA, there is nothing like that!!! Are you by an y chance haveing an Non Immigrant O-A????

Glegolo

Edited by glegolo

If you have a OA visa issued by an embassy or official consulate in you home country and it is your visa that is expiring in March of 2016 you can do another entry just before the enter before date on your visa and get another one year entry. You would not need to do an extension until 2017 if that is the case. Then if you want to travel after the enter before date you would need a re-entry permit to keep that last one year entry valid.

For proof of income you will need to contact the German embassy as to what they require to get the income letter. If you are on a pension I think you would need to supply proof of it.

If your pension is 28k baht a month you would need 464k baht in a Thai bank to reach the required 800k baht number.

If you have a OA visa issued by an embassy or official consulate in you home country and it is your visa that is expiring in March of 2016 you can do another entry just before the enter before date on your visa and get another one year entry. You would not need to do an extension until 2017 if that is the case. Then if you want to travel after the enter before date you would need a re-entry permit to keep that last one year entry valid.

For proof of income you will need to contact the German embassy as to what they require to get the income letter. If you are on a pension I think you would need to supply proof of it.

If your pension is 28k baht a month you would need 464k baht in a Thai bank to reach the required 800k baht number.

Ubon Joe, great reply cum advise,

I have been there and done that before, BUT, time 's are changing.

Yes ,I have a OA visa issued in Germany in 2014

I had such before but it lapsed in 2014 and I got another non- immigrant visa ( in Germany Type Non /O, and I had it converted in Thailand after the 3 months I got upon arrival in Swampy- snake airport" Khrung Thep" ( the city of the angels)

cost me an arm and 2 legs, and now I am back to square one.

I guess what I mentioned and wrote about the procedure covered a gray area and many members were not so sure about the goings on and I never saw an post questioning that topic.

Some agencys give a free advise about that but there is no such thing as a free lunch

i did not hijack anything but I feelmgreat that some members a ppreciate my mentioning of the procedure to get a retirement visa.

When you fill m-in the e- mail adress of yours and your name to obtain a FRE assesmant of your problem, BOY, you are into it, . Here in the Forum of THAIn- visa at least you are not hoodwinked and some members dont bother togive a free advise, thank you all. Whoever sits on CLOUD NINE, shall bless you.

It means more work for them and that is why they push you towards the retirement option.

Aeeiiiii, not true.... there is a hell lot of more stuff to fulfill with an marriage extension.... For BOTH parties,

THAT is why they are pushing towards the retirement-extension of course. Fully understandable.

Glegolo

I know for a fact that the marriage option is no big deal.

Been doing it myself for years.

Less work for Immigration. That is why they push it.

Edited by Red Parrot Fish
  • Like 2

Glegolo

What a load of crap. If you define a a few extra requirements as "a hell lot of more stuff" then you have obviously never had to do anything really difficult in your life.....The reason I first applied for an extension based on marriage was I read posts on TV by people like yourself who said it was really difficult, so I decided to find out for myself. "Shock Horror".... it wasn't difficult at all...

Edited by mxyzptlk

Glegolo

I know for a fact that the marriage option is no big deal.

Been doing it myself for years.

Less work for Immigration. That is why they push it.

You hit the nail on the head exactly my man....

Glegolo

What a load of crap. If you define a a few extra requirements as "a hell lot of more stuff" then you have obviously never had to do anything really difficult in your life.....The reason I first applied for an extension based on marriage was I read posts on TV by people like yourself who said it was really difficult, so I decided to find out for myself. "Shock Horror".... it wasn't difficult at all...

Sometimes when people are so eager to defend and motivate their own doings, they may end up in places that they do not want to.....

I am not saying like you do "a load of crap" I am saying that you are desperately defending your own doings.. No problem you choose what you like.

The demands for an; Extension of stay based on mariiage is;

a) a monthly income of 40,000 Baht.

B) Marriage Certificate. + Khor Por2

c) Wife's ID Card

d) House Registration – blue book

e) A copy of your Tambien Baan-yellow book om du har någon..

-f) House book and ID updated to show the marriage before you go to immigration.

g) Application Form.TM7

h) Passport Size Photo.

i) TM6 departure card.

j) 1,900 Baht Fee.

k) copy of Your Passport.

L) Photo's of you and you Wife in and around the house. And seeing the number of our house

m) A map showing the way to your house.

n) Take your Wife to be interviewed.

o) You will be given a 30 day Under Consideration Stamp. Go back in a month and get the remaining days.

The demands for an; Extension of stay based on retirement is;

1) application form TM7

2) passportphoto

3) photocopies of your passport, VISA, entry departurecard etc.

4) 1.900 baht

5) copy of you housebook if availible

6) confirmed income from embassy or bank or both..

So what is a load of crap or not is not hard to see.. Wake up to reality....

Glegolo

• Like 1

So are those few extra documents and a return to immigration after 30 days worth the extra 400k baht for 3 months instead of only 400k for 2 months. Also since the OP in is in Udon the going back after 30 days is the same as for an extension based upon retirement since that is what they are doing it now.

I have done 8 extensions based upon marriage using the 40k baht income method. Going to retirement is certainly not worth the extra headaches of putting a little money in bank to do it using the combination method. Moving the money into one of my accounts (loss of interest and penalties in another account), getting the bank letter and not being sure if they would want it to be there for 3 months or not.

• Like 2