Instant karma gets this guy who kicks out at a Bangkok taxi

...the point is 'flashing does not mean you can instatly change lanes'...

...try using your mirrors or even turning your head a little....

... go on a motorcycle for a day...then you will have a little more consideration...

...I do not condone the kicker....but they almost got killed due to a lazy, selfish, reckless driver...

... go on a motorcycle for a day...then you will have a little more consideration...

...I do not condone the kicker....but they almost got killed due to a lazy, selfish, reckless driver...

That cuts both ways. I'd hate to think of how many times scooters have undertook me at a turn. Or gone around on the outside and cut in front of me. Hard to look the opposite way when trying to get into traffic. Definitely lazy and reckless.

Had my car kicked by a windshield washer in NYC . I told

him to get lost and he kicked door. Left car where it was walked up the street and found 2 big guys. $20 and then a beat down. I was happy

Sounds very Thai - making sure you weren't one on one!

If you look at the speed of traffic, including the car doing the video, I feel the taxi driver pulled out accordingly and the motorcycle passing on the inside and then changing lanes was responsible for continuing his lane change out of the way of the taxi... he should not have taken the position he did.

IF it was me driving like that on my motorcycle, I would have gone into the other lane and continued on... and I drive defensively aggressive.

Too many motorcycles are reckless and inconsiderate.

Edited by Nowisee

another idiot on a bike, won't slow down impatient stupid fool.

Unfortunately they will end up hurting themselves or someone else badly one day.

All too many of them drive with the attitude that they have "aggressive" right of way no matter what they are doing.

They do it without fear of any ramifications while they do not worry about such unimportant matters such as, actually colliding with another vehicle ....as if it will never happen.....besides, they will argue about it later ....if and when it does happen...but it won't happen....right??...so they are overly confident it will not happen...so why worry about such trivial matters....besides it is always the other guys fault while the first rule of thumb for all Thai drivers:

Immediately blame the other person ...no matter what they did wrong because they did nothing wrong..correct...is their mentality.

They drive in a manner such that they make their move and they assume everyone sees their move, or should be seeing and watching their move and accommodate their sudden maneuver.

Usually they do..... but sometimes......Nope, not this time ...Ooops .....there was not enough room nor time to give way as you see in the video where 2 people driving 2 vehicles each make their sudden maneuver without any practiced caution at all.....Just go for it....As usual ....While relying on everyone else in their immediate vicinity to see their "Me First" "Out of my Way" sudden maneuver and everyone is required to accommodate them.

This time it did not work out the way it usually does.

Cheers

As a seasoned m'bike rider, I can assure everyone. The way to survive is to presume you are always in the wrong. These idiots deserve whatever they have coming to them. The taxi had his indicator on, he moved out to change lanes and then seeing the bike changing lanes and passing fast, stopped and was stationary with one wheel over the lane when the bike passed. The m'bike chaged lanes to pass the taxi because he was just being impatiient. Nothing need to have happened at all. Just youth.

If you look at the speed of traffic, including the car doing the video, I feel the taxi driver pulled out accordingly and the motorcycle passing on the inside and then changing lanes was responsible for continuing his lane change out of the way of the taxi... he should not have taken the position he did.

IF it was me driving like that on my motorcycle, I would have gone into the other lane and continued on... and I drive defensively aggressive.

Too many motorcycles are reckless and inconsiderate.

You can see the guy that kicked at the taxi did not have to kick at the cab out of fear his leg would be smashed as there was more than enough room to pass by unharmed....so.... it looks like he deliberately kicked at the taxi cab as if to say: "Screw You Buddy, We were here first" and show the cab driver who rules the road at that particular moment in time ......but... surprise, surprise the impact threw him off the bike....Duh.... Bozo Boy is here.

Do you think there may have been some alcohol involved such that the alcohol emboldened him and or he thought it would be alcohol funny and cool to kick the cab as they went by and later on reminisce just how funny that was.

As he seemingly did not get hurt they may be laughing about the incident anyhow while years later he can be..... ha,ha bragging about his "Road Warrior" scars.

Cheers

Edited by gemguy

The Taxi driver is making a triple lane change from a parked position. He should me merging

with each lane. As for drivers complaining about being undercut by those on scooters, please

remember in Thailand, by law this is where they are supposed to drive, on the extreme

left. How upset will you be if they drive in the middle of the lane slowing you down.

On the whole cars drive faster than scooters and when the traffic gets heavy and cars

slow or come to a stop, those on scooters/motorbike pass on the left or ride down

the white line. Perfectly legal in many US states like California. tongue.png

That cuts both ways. I'd hate to think of how many times scooters have undertook me at a turn. Or gone around on the outside and cut in front of me. Hard to look the opposite way when trying to get into traffic. Definitely lazy and reckless.

And bigger vehicles also seem to think they are permitted to pull out in front of smaller ones without due consideration, motorcycles being at the bottom of the food chain. As said, when you ride a bike you half expect it, taxis and baht buses just push it a little further. Why is it hard to look in your mirror or over your shoulder when pulling out? It is the way it is though.

As a seasoned m'bike rider, I can assure everyone. The way to survive is to presume you are always in the wrong. These idiots deserve whatever they have coming to them. The taxi had his indicator on, he moved out to change lanes and then seeing the bike changing lanes and passing fast, stopped and was stationary with one wheel over the lane when the bike passed. The m'bike chaged lanes to pass the taxi because he was just being impatiient. Nothing need to have happened at all. Just youth.

Finally good advice - I have always ridden with the attitude "No matter who has the right of way, I automatically LOSE"