Jawbone cuts 15% of staff in second round of layoffs

webfact

Jawbone cuts 15% of staff in second round of layoffs
BY LARRY BANKS

Jawbone-Up-Bands-702x336.jpg

SUNNYVALE: -- According to tech news site TechCrunch, Jawbone plans to lay off around 60 employees, which is approximately 15% of its workforce. The company will also close its New York office and downsize at Sunnyvale, CA and Pittsburgh offices as part of its streamlining.

Jawbone layoffs

A Jawbone company spokesperson stated: “Jawbone’s success over the past 15 years has been rooted in its ability to evolve and grow dynamically in a rapidly scaling marketplace. As part of our strategy to create a more streamlined and successful company, we have made the difficult decision to reorganize the company which has had an impact on our global workforce”.

The employee layoffs will touch every area of Jawbone’s businesses. However no product departments will be closed, so the company will still sell its popular Up fitness devices, Jambox speakers, and Era headsets.

Full story: http://www.streetwisejournal.com/jawbone-second-round-layoffs/

swlogo.jpg
-- StreetWiseJournal 2015-11-23

I am not surprised at them having to do this. I was once an avid 'early-adopter' of their products but ceased my allegiance following very poor after-sales service. Basically, they couldn't have given a toss but it seems that their strategy has turned round and bitten them in the backside.