Facebookers Face 8 Years in Jail for Criticizing Thai Cops

webfact

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 Years in Jail for Criticizing Thai Cops

That's a bit harsh over the top.

Perhaps one could also send the culprits to inactive posts.

"For Peerasuth, his alleged crime was writing on Facebook that he encountered a bloodied woman on the night of Nov. 9 who said she had been mugged and stabbed. "Peerasuth said he called officers at Krabi Police Station about the incident, but no one picked up the phone, so he took the woman to the hospital on his own. Even after the woman was admitted at the hospital, no officer showed up to assist her, he wrote."

The accused here could indeed conter sue against for failure to render assistance.

"The video went beyond complaining about the officer, and in it Sukanya accused him of planting drug on innocent motorists, Sompong said."

That is nasty. Maybe she has witnesses.

That would turn the case completely.

We better be careful on here too,if they ever get to read some

of what is said about them on here,there could be a few arrests,

they are very sensitive,8 years is more than you would get for

murder !.

regards Worgeordie

I love the Thai police and I know they do an excelent job!

Especially the brave officers who work in the gold shops all day..

I feel very safe every time I go in to buy more gold.

( I will also post this on my Facebook page )

"For Peerasuth, his alleged crime was writing on Facebook that he encountered a bloodied woman on the night of Nov. 9 who said she had been mugged and stabbed. "Peerasuth said he called officers at Krabi Police Station about the incident, but no one picked up the phone, so he took the woman to the hospital on his own. Even after the woman was admitted at the hospital, no officer showed up to assist her, he wrote."

The accused here could indeed conter sue against for failure to render assistance.

It's whether he called the Krabi police station direct or he called 191.
Obviously, he did not get help when he needed it.
He has indeed taken care of the woman alone.
So, he was pissed that nobody has helped him to take care of the mugged and stabbed woman.
For me, that's understandable.

Well an 8 year sentence isn't a moral lessons is it, it's a legal one. Duh

Quote Some people do not just understand our work? unquote Yes I am one of them. Tell em to come to our condo I will put him to work chasing down hot rod bikers and it will serve a dual purpose. It will teach him what real work is and I will come to appreciate what the police do. 8 years in jail and its not vindictive yeah sure. It will scare the bejesus out of all young Thai's.

How can reporting the facts (true facts) be libel?

Libel - "a published false statement that is damaging to a person's reputation; a written defamation."

Wrong dictionary.

Thai dictionary says, "a published truthful statement that is damaging to a wealthy persons reputation"laugh.png

" We are not being vengeful. We are just doing our duty. " What a disgraceful statement.

Criticism equals loss of face and they are responding accordingly. In a half decent organisation a ' don't be so stupid ' order would come from on high but TIT !

It's whether he called the Krabi police station direct or he called 191.

Obviously, he did not get help when he needed it.

He has indeed taken care of the woman alone.

So, he was pissed that nobody has helped him to take care of the mugged and stabbed woman.

For me, that's understandable.

Whats understandable about blaming BIB for not responding when they haven't been informed?

BTW AFAIK 8 years is the MAX penalty. Would that apply here?

I have delt with Col. Sompong Thip-aphakul over serious complant my wife made about one of my trouble making niegbours, that caused my pregnant wife to have a mis carrriage.

Nothing was done, no action was taken and it was swept under the carpet.

I also reported one of my niegbours for selling drugs to the local kids, guess what, Nothing was done, no action was taken and it was swept under the carpet.

Thankyou Col. Sompong Thip-aphakul and the Krabi Police for doing an outstanding job.

This country seems to be getting worse in regard to freedom of speech. First it is do not criticize or comment on the Ratchapakdi Park fiasco (despite it being so obvious that corruption was involved), do not comment on politics or present political opinions even if you are a university lecturer teaching political science, and now do not criticize the police. Next it will be "Do not criticize the ban on criticism."

Bloody hell, when are they going to introduce thought police to this new Orwellian state.

TV might be next, sedition the crime, close all bars, close all media, don't talk to your neighbour.wai2.gif