Dividend reinvestment for SET companies?

I set up a KimEng account and bought some shares. Can anyone tell me the ins/outs of dividend reinvestment. Is there a box I check somewhere? Will they ask me? and whatabout "NVDR? I didn't check the box, so I assume I bought voting shares. Is this important? THX!

Hi and welcome to the Thai stock market! I'm also with Maybank KimEng, you're in good hands with them. I couldn't answer your first question as I'm a day trader. I'm out of the market every evening. I'm not looking for dividends, life is much too short. In over 2 years I'm trading in the SET I have never checked the NVDR box, so don't worry about it. Get into the 1% bracket of the people who constantly make money in the stock market. Good luck.

Edited by Dario

If u want dividend you have to check the NVDR box, unless the account is in a Thai name.

The email they sent me about the XD, states that property funds, REITS, and unit trusts will pay regardless. It also looks like you have three days for them to correct this type of error (converting to NVDR) "T+3." In my case, the XD tomorrow is for IMPACT, which clearly seems to be a Property Trust.

I'm a little disappointing that their system allowed me to potentially buy shares, where I would not get a dividend, which is the case of the other two I bought, unless it automatically put me in foreign shares, which I doubt. I played small, with good reason.....I sat there for two hours filling out forms, and answering questions.....this seems like a major issue that they, and their software did not address. But, there software was good enough to send me an email at 20:40 on the eve of XD, telling me that I wasn't eligible for the dividend unless it was a property or unit trust....Welcome to the land of shoot yourself in the foot.

Why wouldn't one want a dividend?

Edit: Or by not wanting a dividend is one thereby electing to have the value of the dividend reinvested in stock?

Pardon my ignorance, but can someone answer my question?

I also would like to try automatic reinvest dividends if that is possible.