Nestle confirms labor abuse among its Thai seafood suppliers

webfact

And didn't the jackass from BP go sailing at the height of the disaster recovery effort? Then infamously whine in front of cameras that he wanted his life back? Shame about the guys who wished the same while they burned on the rig. Must have been a non stop coke orgy in the boardroom if sailing one-tonners is his go-to release when his life is not all that crash-hot.

Ok, Nestle. Guilty,

Funny how people don't go after Apple (and other big manufacturers) regarding human rights and child abuse.

Since so many people own Apple products, that doesn't surprise me at all.

Doesnt matter what flavor you chose, if it is made in China or any other developing or third world country, be assured that labor practices are "questionable". No need in picking a flavor and hating on them alone.

P

... and assign a high-level Nestle manager to make sure change is underway

Well, if that requires travel within Thailand, he/she better bring a bulletproof vest coffee1.gif

Oops just remembered - they are illegal for civilians who are at risk of getting shot

Purina has a factory in Chachoengsao...Nestle already has foreign managment in the country. Lots of them
back in another life, my vet cautioned me about the canned/bagged crap all corporations, not just 'Nestegg' feed our pets. It's junk food for animals. Quite right. feed your dog or cat things they'd catch in the wild. Raw chicken, ruminants, etc. Buying at tesco means youll pay thrice, at the checkout, at the vet, to fix the health issues, and at the grave, when your pet succumbs to their processed unnatural diet.

P

... and assign a high-level Nestle manager to make sure change is underway

Well, if that requires travel within Thailand, he/she better bring a bulletproof vest coffee1.gif

Oops just remembered - they are illegal for civilians who are at risk of getting shot

Purina has a factory in Chachoengsao...Nestle already has foreign managment in the country. Lots of them
back in another life, my vet cautioned me about the canned/bagged crap all corporations, not just 'Nestegg' feed our pets. It's junk food for animals. Quite right. feed your dog or cat things they'd catch in the wild. Raw chicken, ruminants, etc. Buying at tesco means youll pay thrice, at the checkout, at the vet, to fix the health issues, and at the grave, when your pet succumbs to their processed unnatural diet.

Wouldn't know. Haven't had a pet cat or dog for a long time.

Find it hard to believe that processed animal food is that bad.

Nestle did this to protect themselves from legal and consumer backlash. Nestle has been at the forefront of irresponsible product practices for years starting with their defense of infant formula in poor countries. This report gives the appearance of concern and action. They have no intention of stopping sale of products. They will argue that they will be at a competitive disadvantage - lost sales and market share.

nestle are now owning up to the fact that they were involved in the employment of slave labour for their produce ie seafood .

Ok let me rephrase what I said. Nestle have been saying for years that they will clean up the slavery in the coffee and chocolate industry but done nothing about it. Why would one expect any different here. Well other than Thailand is somewhat more visable and newsworthy than darkest Africa.

Maybe time for a boycott , Thailand and these corporations will only change if they stand to lose money. forget ethics

No "maybe" about it, a global boycott is needed for Nestle. This is an evil corporation that has NO scruples or ethics.