Hua Hin Airport

Deadcert

The Airport has closed due to lack of custom.

Many rumours were flying around concerning the closure from lack of funds to the King be disturbed by the larger planes. Both and all are false, potential customers decided on other means of transport to the South.

With the new "Super Highway" which is planned and agreed and is due to be completed by 2008/9 only accelerated the decision of closure. Not economically viable.

All those rumours I have heard. i also heard that that Bangkok airways never wanted the route or that they were given crap slots out of Bangkok, which is certainly true. I had heard that Thai Air were going to be commencing flights from Hua Hin. Surely someone can make this route work.

I for one hate the drive to the south.

i also heard that that Bangkok airways never wanted the route or that they were given crap slots out of Bangkok, which is certainly true.

I thought that the time slot out of Bangkok was fine.

Early morning departure- around 7.30 with the return a little after 8pm.

Thus possible to use if looking for a days business in Hua Hin.

If on a holiday out of Europe it might not have been so good.

Certainly I will miss the flight but whenever i used it it was far from full.

I could certainly see the reason to cancel it for economic reasons and use the plane on a more profitable route.

If the airport continues to exist then i am sure that other airlines will give it a go from time to time