Double entry tourist visa granted in Vientiane before rule change

My first entry expires at the end of December, which I'll probably extend by 30 days at the embassy. My questions are:

1) Do you forsee any issues with getting my second 60 days on arrival back into Thailand (around end of January) considering the visa is no longer issued. I'm hoping no issues considering I have mine already.

2) A more general query on double entry. Where am I meant to go between entries? I'm very near Laos. Is a land crossing over to Laos ok? Could I come back to Thailand same day?

Thanks

Edited by randymarsh

As said you will apply for an extension at an immigration office not an "Embassy"

If your visa is valid (check the enter before date clearly marked on the visa) you may use any border crossing to obtain the second entry.

Just to emphasize expatbrit's point ...the actual visa you got from the embassy is most likely valid for use for three months from the date it was issued ... not three months from when you first entered Thailand.

You will have no problems using the second entry as long as you return to Thailand by or before that date.

The 30 day extension of stay you get from immigrations allows you to remain in Thailand 30 additional days, but it does not extend the life of the visa.

Thanks a lot. It says enter before 20 Jan 2016. Currently expires 20th Dec so with 30 day extension, it doesn't give you a lot of time to get out and get back in if you want to use the full 30 day extension... Will plan a Laos trip around Jan 18th to be safe. Thanks a lot as wouldn't have spotted that.. I thought the Enter Before date was only relevant to the first entry, not to both.

And yes I meant immigration office earlier, thanks.

Edited by randymarsh

They issued the 2 entry tourist visa at the Thai Consulate in New Yourk until November 12. From the 13 when the new 6 month visa take effect you can only get the 1 entry 60 day tourist visa that can be extended 30 days for $40. The new 6 month visa have a fee of $200.