Proof of residency - living at hotel in Isan

I'm just trying to understand the rules - if I want to move to an apartment. Maybe can BBQ and stuff.

Maybe it's easier than I think.

I'm good to go here at the hotel and pretty happy ( 6,000 Bt per month ). I have a motor bike and can find the food I want.

I just am dreaming of a larger fridge and a BBQ and maybe more channels on the TV ( and maybe better internet connection ).

Anyway, no rush.

Not so easy up here in Maha Sarakhom as hardly anyone can speak English. I rarely see falang. My Thai is just OK.

Why people like pattaya is beyond me. Maybe just a stage in life.

I highly recommend Maha Sarakhom. Whatever your looking for is here - and more. however you will need a motor bike or car.

It's been 10 years since I've been to pattaya - maybe take my girl for a visit down there to see.

Anyway, I'm just conserned about moving out of the hotel and my 90 day report stuff.

If your moving to a new address, there is a procedure to follow.

1. Make sure your new landlord will supply you with a lease, a copy of their ID card, a copy of their Tabian Baan. Signed and contact number.

It is these documents you will need in the future, so make copies for yourself.

2. Complete a TM28 (change of address)

3.The landlord should complete a TM30 (report of alien staying at residence)

Take the following documents with the above forms to your Immigration Office.;

Original Passport

Passport Homepage showing given names / Passport Number / Hologram etc.

- Last Visa

- Last Extension stamp

- Last Entry Stamp

Copy of House owners Tabian Ban

Copy of House owners ID card.

Original Rental Agreement + Copy (If rented)

Map detailing Address + Copy

Original TM 6 Departure Card + Copy

Once Immigration change your address on their database, you should ask them for a Certificate of Residence.

As you have a motorcycle and I presume a Driving Licence, you should then update your licence showing the new address.

Go to you local Driving Licence Centre and take the following documents.

1. Passport + Copy of Homepage + Copy of Extension.

2. Existing Thai Licence + Copy

3. Health Certificate + Copy

4. Proof of Address: Certificate of Residence + Copy

5. The Fee

(A Driving Licence is often accepted as a form of ID. It contains your name, ID number, and your address on the rear.)

You are now up to date with your documents.

Future 90 day reports can be made in person, by mail, or depending when you last entered Thailand, online via internet.

Please advise me of your preferred method and I'll post the procedure and documents required.

• Like 1

I'm just trying to understand the rules - if I want to move to an apartment. Maybe can BBQ and stuff.

Maybe it's easier than I think.

I'm good to go here at the hotel and pretty happy ( 6,000 Bt per month ). I have a motor bike and can find the food I want.

I just am dreaming of a larger fridge and a BBQ and maybe more channels on the TV ( and maybe better internet connection ).

Anyway, no rush.

Not so easy up here in Maha Sarakhom as hardly anyone can speak English. I rarely see falang. My Thai is just OK.

Why people like pattaya is beyond me. Maybe just a stage in life.

I highly recommend Maha Sarakhom. Whatever your looking for is here - and more. however you will need a motor bike or car.

Thanks so much. Exactly what I was wanting to know.

It's been 10 years since I've been to pattaya - maybe take my girl for a visit down there to see.

Anyway, I'm just conserned about moving out of the hotel and my 90 day report stuff.

If your moving to a new address, there is a procedure to follow.

1. Make sure your new landlord will supply you with a lease, a copy of their ID card, a copy of their Tabian Baan. Signed and contact number.

It is these documents you will need in the future, so make copies for yourself.

2. Complete a TM28 (change of address)

3.The landlord should complete a TM30 (report of alien staying at residence)

Take the following documents with the above forms to your Immigration Office.;

Original Passport

Passport Homepage showing given names / Passport Number / Hologram etc.

- Last Visa

- Last Extension stamp

- Last Entry Stamp

Copy of House owners Tabian Ban

Copy of House owners ID card.

Original Rental Agreement + Copy (If rented)

Map detailing Address + Copy

Original TM 6 Departure Card + Copy

Once Immigration change your address on their database, you should ask them for a Certificate of Residence.

As you have a motorcycle and I presume a Driving Licence, you should then update your licence showing the new address.

Go to you local Driving Licence Centre and take the following documents.

1. Passport + Copy of Homepage + Copy of Extension.

2. Existing Thai Licence + Copy

3. Health Certificate + Copy

4. Proof of Address: Certificate of Residence + Copy

5. The Fee

(A Driving Licence is often accepted as a form of ID. It contains your name, ID number, and your address on the rear.)

You are now up to date with your documents.

Future 90 day reports can be made in person, by mail, or depending when you last entered Thailand, online via internet.

Please advise me of your preferred method and I'll post the procedure and documents required.