In which area in Phuket can i get a condo for 2.5M Baht?

freefallin

There's a glut of condos on the market, but none that would be considered decent close to the ocean for that budget ( unless a studio size postage stamp is something you're after). Have a look at the various facebook phuket real estate groups where it seems every other person is a real estate agent.

Never buy property in Thailand. Renting is the only way to go. It's always a bad financial decision because of the risk. We could turn this thread into 1000 reasons not to buy here but it's been done already if you do a little research.

You'll find lots of people trying to unload their property here at distressed sale prices. You'll be buying someone else's headache.

Never buy property in Thailand. Renting is the only way to go. It's always a bad financial decision because of the risk. We could turn this thread into 1000 reasons not to buy here but it's been done already if you do a little research.

You'll find lots of people trying to unload their property here at distressed sale prices. You'll be buying someone else's headache.

That's not what the OP asked, is it.

Edited by dageurreotype

A couple of off topic posts, one person advertising his car another a house have been removed. The OP is looking for advice about what area he can find a condo.

If you have something for sale please use the classified ads which are pinned at the top of the Phuket forum page right HERE

If you are in Phuket right now i say have a look at cape panwa. The main road leading to the aquarium has new condos with sea view a few mins away from a few beaches (including one that allows no restaurant on it)

I saw something like 3br for 4million ish so 2.5 mil should get you something decent in that building. You can't miss it they have huge for sale signs up there. It's on the right hand side if you are driving to the aquarium.

I looked at Phuket for a long time, but property is expensive, there were a few in Patong at around 2.9m bht, advertised as one bedroom, but were only 28sqm, since my hotel roon was 24sqm you can imagine how ridiculouse a 28sqm one bed apartment would be!!

ACA were selling two projects "off plan" starting at 2.9m bht, but they are now being sued as they have ripped everyone off - not laid a brick yet.

All the new projects have very small units. They are aimed more at the holidat let market. ( not sure if that is actually what you arvlooking for, or a place to live.)

If you want to be near the beach, you will be paying far more than 2.5m bht.

Also, in general, its more expensive to live in Phuket.

I gave up and bought elsewhere, go 82sqm, two bed furnished condo for 1.8mbht. Can go to Phuket for holiday now if i so wish.

Its usually the people who can't afford to buy that trot out the ''it's better to rent'' line most times.

Rubbish,these are wise heads that don't like making a huge loss.

And move when the neighbor from hell moves in next door or any of the 1000's of things that can happen in Thailand that you never saw coming.

Its usually the people who can't afford to buy that trot out the ''it's better to rent'' line most times.

Wise heads lol

Well I've been in the same place for 15 years & have saved a fortune on rent. Typically about ฿100,000 per month for a unit in my condo of comparable size. There has also been a substantial increase in the value of my property. No huge losses here.

And move when the neighbor from hell moves in next door or any of the 1000's of things that can happen in Thailand that you never saw coming.

Yes I concede that if there are many units per floor then this may be a problem. There are only two other units on mine. I rarely see my neighbours.

Wise heads lol

Well I've been in the same place for 15 years & have saved a fortune on rent. Typically about ฿100,000 per month for a unit in my condo of comparable size. There has also been a substantial increase in the value of my property. No huge losses here.

A "rise in value" can only be proved at the time of sale and when the cash is in the bank !

Wise heads lol

A "rise in value" can only be proved at the time of sale and when the cash is in the bank !

Yes of course.

Going on sales of similar sized units over the years I'm highly confident that there will be no huge losses here.

Chopper

You may be correct , however, the market for second hand condos in Phuket can hardly be described as as "vibrant" Most remain on the market for a long time before eventually selling at a loss !

Admittedly I know little about concrete boxes but in the place I live there are five good second hand houses which, to my certain knowledge, have been "on sale" for at least four years !

That's not what the OP asked, is it.

but it is very good advice

Sea, sand, sun in Ao Makham are 600,000. Of course that's the real Thai price.

As a foreigner you're gonna get screwed. 51% owned by Thais'. 49% sold to non Thais and not for sale. Expect to pay the Thai maintenance charge 'cause they would never pay it.

Lot's of property in Ao Yon. But it's all illegal. For non Thais' that is.

Better off much further south.

Sea, sand, sun in Ao Makham are 600,000. Of course that's the real Thai price.

As a foreigner you're gonna get screwed. 51% owned by Thais'. 49% sold to non Thais and not for sale. Expect to pay the Thai maintenance charge 'cause they would never pay it.

Lot's of property in Ao Yon. But it's all illegal. For non Thais' that is.

Better off much further south.

Strange, you're claiming nothing for sale for foreigners, others are stating oversuplly.