Yamaha GT 125 vs Honda 125i Click

Flapwing

1 minute ago, papa al said:

That should  teach them a lesson for sure. !!

These minimum-wage employees just don't know their place.!!

Disgraceful.!!

!!

Went to Mityon on Pattaya Tai yesterday. Cash , passport and work permit. 30 minutes later I left on my new scooter.

• 4 weeks later...

I cant understand how the Honda can possibly be more expensive than the Yamaha. Hondas seem to be 25% overpriced. The stop/go saves very little fuel ( if any ) and certainly not 20,000 KM worth.  Dont forget , when your Honda turns itself off , the water pump also stops , so the already hot engine sits there getting hotter through heat soak. Not ideal. The CBS brake system is the one where , if you drag the rear brake through a corner , the front brake also comes on. Not ideal. With the Yamaha , you have basicly got years of "free" riding with the 10,000 Baht saving.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ktm jeff said:

I cant understand how the Honda can possibly be more expensive than the Yamaha. Hondas seem to be 25% overpriced. The stop/go saves very little fuel ( if any ) and certainly not 20,000 KM worth.  Dont forget , when your Honda turns itself off , the water pump also stops , so the already hot engine sits there getting hotter through heat soak. Not ideal. The CBS brake system is the one where , if you drag the rear brake through a corner , the front brake also comes on. Not ideal. With the Yamaha , you have basicly got years of "free" riding with the 10,000 Baht saving.

I guess a lot of it is that the Click is water cooled whereas the GT is air cooled. Costs money for that radiator system etc.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, macknife said:

I guess a lot of it is that the Click is water cooled whereas the GT is air cooled. Costs money for that radiator system etc.

True , but a radiator on a Honda should not cost nearly 25% of a complete Yamaha .  Although liquid cooled is , in many cases , better than air cooled ( although servicing / repair costs will be higher ) i dont think it makes much difference on a scooter , or that even people will keep them long enougth to get any benefit.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Anyone who lives in Pattaya and is looking for a new bike get down to Watchara, who have some great deals, which don't seem to get advertised. I just bought a new Yamaha GT125 for 39,900 with 2,000 baht of free goods in-store and 3 years free servicing, plus 2 cheap helmets and a jacket. I thought it was a great deal, must be the cheapest 125 in Thailand. Also have deals on Finos if interested.

PS I have no connection with Watchara except as a satisfied customer.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 29/11/2015 at 4:20 PM, ktm jeff said:

I hope Flapwing isnt in such financial woes , he will even consider buying a less stable , inferior handling , over priced / hyped Honda , in the misguided attempt of selling it after 5 years , for a optimistically promised £50 more. You will save more than that with the Yamahas better fuel economy of up to 60KM / L , or in English (169 MPG ). The ship of Honda quality and re-sale value has long left the port. Hondas sold years ago in far larger numbers , as thats all that was realistically available. Not so today. Buy the best bike you feel happy with. No use riding around on a poor handling , flimsy bike you dont like.

That maybe, but isn't the tank on a yamaha only 4.2l, where as on the honda it is 5.5l. The honda is quoted as 58km/l I think therefore you would get 67 km further with a honda???

• 3 months later...
On 10/16/2017 at 1:39 PM, Henryford said:

Anyone who lives in Pattaya and is looking for a new bike get down to Watchara, who have some great deals, which don't seem to get advertised. I just bought a new Yamaha GT125 for 39,900 with 2,000 baht of free goods in-store and 3 years free servicing, plus 2 cheap helmets and a jacket. I thought it was a great deal, must be the cheapest 125 in Thailand. Also have deals on Finos if interested.

PS I have no connection with Watchara except as a satisfied customer.

This deal was so good i just bought the tgf a GT125 in silver/blue with the stop start system for 39,900 with free helmet. Bargain.

IMG_20180318_111855.jpg

• 5 months later...

I have drive both types and personally, I will never buy the GT.

Handling, accelerating speed,  vibration, etc are all horrible on the GT (rented one this days off, only 11,000 km on it).

Even my wife said "this motorbike sucks"  ... LOL 

The very top speeds I could get out of them were 110 on the Click and 100 on the GT.  However even at 100,  the Click is smoother, handles better, and has less vibration that the GT at 70.

Price wise, here I have found GT for 48,000 and the Click for 52,000.  So for the extra 4k in price it is totally worth it.  Heck,  even if the GT was 40,000...  I would go with the Click.

Personally,  I am looking at buying the Click 150cc for 62,000.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE -

We did decide to buy the Honda Click 150cc. 

We are very happy with it.

Paid 62,000 Baht.

BTW ....  I did have to see what Top Speed with it actually is (Just for informational purposes ????).... 

Highest speed I have gotten it to was 122.

On 9/25/2018 at 11:15 PM, Bok <deleted> Do said:

UPDATE -

We did decide to buy the Honda Click 150cc. 

We are very happy with it.

Paid 62,000 Baht.

BTW ....  I did have to see what Top Speed with it actually is (Just for informational purposes ????).... 

Highest speed I have gotten it to was 122.

I am hesitating between the Click 150i and the Aerox. The latter has far wider tires (140 rear) and as I am looking for stability I am now leaning towards the Aerox. How about stability on the Click, is it really good - also with a passenger?

On 9/29/2018 at 11:19 AM, damascase said:

I am hesitating between the Click 150i and the Aerox. The latter has far wider tires (140 rear) and as I am looking for stability I am now leaning towards the Aerox. How about stability on the Click, is it really good - also with a passenger?

Go for the Aerox. It's a really smooth ride.

I rode the new 150 click for a couple of days and the brakes suck.

On 9/29/2018 at 11:19 AM, damascase said:

Stability is very good with the Click 150i .  Most of my driving on it is with my wife.

Already put over 500km on it and I am very happy with it.  I know that 500 is not a bunch yet, but only had it a little over a week. 

And to the previous poster, I have had zero issues with the brakes or anything else.  Maybe yours just needed them adjusted. I had a rental a few months ago that I needed to tighten the back brake. 

Edited by Xavnel
Added comment

On 10/1/2018 at 6:00 PM, Xavnel said:

Stability is very good with the Click 150i .  Most of my driving on it is with my wife.

Already put over 500km on it and I am very happy with it.  I know that 500 is not a bunch yet, but only had it a little over a week. 

And to the previous poster, I have had zero issues with the brakes or anything else.  Maybe yours just needed them adjusted. I had a rental a few months ago that I needed to tighten the back brake. 

I didn't say i had issues with the brakes, just that they are not good at all. The rear brake is almost meaningless for stopping power, I'm talking about the important front brakes, and they sucked. I rode 2 different clicks and both were the same. Perhaps I was spoiled with the Yamaha for comparison.

The same goes for stability, at top speeds the click wasn't 'unstable' or anything. If one never rode anything else then it would seem fine. However, once you get on the Yamaha you realise it's far superior. Don't get me wrong, i think the click is probably a great little bike, but the larger Yamaha's and PCX are just better.

• 4 months later...
On 9/14/2018 at 10:11 AM, Xavnel said:

I have drive both types and personally, I will never buy the GT.

Handling, accelerating speed,  vibration, etc are all horrible on the GT (rented one this days off, only 11,000 km on it).

Even my wife said "this motorbike sucks"  ... LOL 

The very top speeds I could get out of them were 110 on the Click and 100 on the GT.  However even at 100,  the Click is smoother, handles better, and has less vibration that the GT at 70.

Price wise, here I have found GT for 48,000 and the Click for 52,000.  So for the extra 4k in price it is totally worth it.  Heck,  even if the GT was 40,000...  I would go with the Click.

Personally,  I am looking at buying the Click 150cc for 62,000.

I recently rented a gt with about 8000 km on it and was pleasantly surprised at its stability at all speeds, cornering and braking.  Maybe the o0ne you rented was defective or damaged.  Sounds like a possible bent rim or tire problem.  The yamahas aren't as smooth as the hondas and the shocks are weak on this model as well as the aeros however for the price can't be beat.