Police: 3 killed, 9 wounded in attack at Planned Parenthood

rooster59

When Chris Wallace (I wonder if his old man spins in his grave with thoughts of his son, "the journalist") asked Carly (baby parts) Fiorina if she believed her false claims that Planned Parenthood harvested baby parts could have helped to motivate the attacker, the long-shot candidate defended her attacks on Planned Parenthood before blaming “typical left-wing tactics” for “demonizing the messenger.”

“First, it is not alleged,” she said. “Planned Parenthood acknowledged several weeks ago they would no longer take compensation for body parts, which sounds like an admission they were doing so.”“This is so typical of the left to immediately begin demonizing a messenger because they don’t agree with the message,” she continued. “The vast majority of Americans agree what Planned Parenthood is doing is wrong."

What a lovely lovely woman she is.

Carly has got the Republican pattern down, Always double-down on what you said, even if it's wrong. Anything less makes you look weak.

I'd like to think I live in a world where a candidate's lies that resulted in multiple deaths would get them thrown out of the Presidential race.

I also want a pony for Christmas.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Christian terrorist: The Planned Parenthood shooter is a religious conservative who opposes abortion and believes in the Bible wholeheartedly.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressivesecularhumanist/2015/11/report-planned-parenthood-shooter-is-a-baptist-bible-thumper/

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/29/us/robert-dear-suspect-in-colorado-killings-preferred-to-be-left-alone.html?_r=1

Well that is unusual.

Christian terrorist: The Planned Parenthood shooter is a religious conservative who opposes abortion and believes in the Bible wholeheartedly.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressivesecularhumanist/2015/11/report-planned-parenthood-shooter-is-a-baptist-bible-thumper/

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/29/us/robert-dear-suspect-in-colorado-killings-preferred-to-be-left-alone.html?_r=1

Well that is unusual.

So he isn't a "Transgendered Leftist Activist" as Ted Cruz claimed.

When Chris Wallace (I wonder if his old man spins in his grave with thoughts of his son, "the journalist") asked Carly (baby parts) Fiorina if she believed her false claims that Planned Parenthood harvested baby parts could have helped to motivate the attacker, the long-shot candidate defended her attacks on Planned Parenthood before blaming “typical left-wing tactics” for “demonizing the messenger.”

“First, it is not alleged,” she said. “Planned Parenthood acknowledged several weeks ago they would no longer take compensation for body parts, which sounds like an admission they were doing so.”“This is so typical of the left to immediately begin demonizing a messenger because they don’t agree with the message,” she continued. “The vast majority of Americans agree what Planned Parenthood is doing is wrong."

Carly has got the Republican pattern down, Always double-down on what you said, even if it's wrong. Anything less makes you look weak.

I'd like to think I live in a world where a candidate's lies that resulted in multiple deaths would get them thrown out of the Presidential race.

Ok. Whats your point? You offer a premise, by pejorative and demonization (I presume the premise is that Fiorina is incorrect), but you do not challenge the premise and prove it wrong, only slide into predictable ridicule. Is there nothing... nothing you can offer in response to her other than "double-down" and a "pony." I do not even have to defend her because it is not necessary. You effectively made her point by presenting her it and leaving it unchallenged.

Ok. Whats your point? You offer a premise, by pejorative and demonization (I presume the premise is that Fiorina is incorrect), but you do not challenge the premise and prove it wrong, only slide into predictable ridicule. Is there nothing... nothing you can offer in response to her other than "double-down" and a "pony." I do not even have to defend her because it is not necessary. You effectively made her point by presenting her it and leaving it unchallenged.

My bad, I didn't explain Fiorina's bullshit in detail for those who only watch Fox News.

Planned Parenthood doesn't sell baby parts. I can't be bothered going any deeper than that. Google "Fiorona lies". Geesh

My bad, I didn't explain Fiorina's bullshit in detail for those who only watch Fox News.

Planned Parenthood doesn't sell baby parts. I can't be bothered going any deeper than that. Google "Fiorona lies". Geesh

Ok. However, I do not watch Fox, am not even in the US, nor have cable. I do read it at times, but its less than 10 min out of hours of news. I have no idea what she said other than what you wrote. However, I have seen the various videos. It eludes me how the claim of context could exonerate the videos. Perhaps? But I don't think so. This was, after all, the slippery slope concern offered by opponents to abortion (though hardly their only charges). They averred that stem cell harvesting and parts, etc., could somehow drive an underground industry. This charge underlies old arguments, and proved in some part to be correct. Whether Americans support PP or not it seems apparent this slippery slope development is abhorrent. It is to me anyway.

I do not even oppose abortion. I just oppose deceit and coercion. Americans should not have to be forced to subsidize personal choices. But those choices? Government should have no part of. They belong to a woman and her doctor, not government. Also, proponents should have the courage of their convictions- it is murder. However repugnant this is I at least have the courage to say it is not an issue for the federal government.

PS; repeating something over and over is gaslighting, a decidedly progressive tactic by all accounts. Ridicule, demonization, and repetition are directly out of the communist playbook.

I do not even oppose abortion. I just oppose deceit and coercion. Americans should not have to be forced to subsidize personal choices. But those choices? Government should have no part of. They belong to a woman and her doctor, not government. Also, proponents should have the courage of their convictions- it is murder. However repugnant this is I at least have the courage to say it is not an issue for the federal government.

PS; repeating something over and over is gaslighting, a decidedly progressive tactic by all accounts. Ridicule, demonization, and repetition are directly out of the communist playbook.

It's not subsidized mate.

Let me first assume we are saying the same thing from two different perspectives; perhaps in my case I said it wrong.

The US government collects taxes. Its authority is by all accounts based on coercion. Its just the way it is. We are thus forced to pay for roads, bridges, wars, etc. It makes no difference whether we approve it or not. It is a social compact of sorts. Don't like it, leave. Taxes, particularly income taxes, have always been the bane in liberty and as such were abhorred by a number of founding framers. Spending your money taxes or buying land taxes empower a person more ably to vote where is money goes by consumption or choice. Having a job and feeding your family is hardly a choice and income taxes thus form the modern backbone of the Leviathan tax State. The alternative is jail. This is coercion. Only in some mental gymnastics is it otherwise.

Taking monies of the broad population and then redistributing to social programs that are anathema to religious (and non) peoples is basically forcing these peoples to subsidize abortion. Not all PP money comes from the tax coffers but incredible amounts. In essence, this subsidizes abortions. If we are saying the same thing but using different approaches, sorry I walked that path. If what i say is viscerally wrong to you, well... there is no middle ground on that point. Americans do pay for abortions, period! It is amazing a Quaker could be afforded conscientious objection, or even a muslim now, but others must fund equally repugnant social programs. It is not war, bridges, buildings, or such. It is social management. It is a social program, irrespective of its cover for status.

Let me first assume we are saying the same thing from two different perspectives; perhaps in my case I said it wrong.

The US government collects taxes. Its authority is by all accounts based on coercion. Its just the way it is. We are thus forced to pay for roads, bridges, wars, etc. It makes no difference whether we approve it or not. It is a social compact of sorts. Don't like it, leave. Taxes, particularly income taxes, have always been the bane in liberty and as such were abhorred by a number of founding framers. Spending your money taxes or buying land taxes empower a person more ably to vote where is money goes by consumption or choice. Having a job and feeding your family is hardly a choice and income taxes thus form the modern backbone of the Leviathan tax State. The alternative is jail. This is coercion. Only in some mental gymnastics is it otherwise.

Taking monies of the broad population and then redistributing to social programs that are anathema to religious (and non) peoples is basically forcing these peoples to subsidize abortion. Not all PP money comes from the tax coffers but incredible amounts. In essence, this subsidizes abortions. If we are saying the same thing but using different approaches, sorry I walked that path. If what i say is viscerally wrong to you, well... there is no middle ground on that point. Americans do pay for abortions, period! It is amazing a Quaker could be afforded conscientious objection, or even a muslim now, but others must fund equally repugnant social programs. It is not war, bridges, buildings, or such. It is social management. It is a social program, irrespective of its cover for status.

Planned Parenthood received $528 Million in federal funding for fiscal year 2014.

By law, no federal funds may be used for abortions, however, the government funding pays for many ancillary services needed to operate the abortion program.

Federal funding represents 40.6% of Planned Parenthood's total revenue for fiscal 2014.

Planned Parenthood is, therefore, subsidized by the American taxpayer.

By law, no federal funds may be used for abortions, however, the government funding pays for many ancillary services needed to operate the abortion program.

Planned parenthood offers a wide range of services, including STD screening, sexual health, body image, birth control and so on. Is this what you mean by "ancillary services needed to operate the abortion program"?

Planned parenthood offers a wide range of services, including STD screening, sexual health, body image, birth control and so on. Is this what you mean by "ancillary services needed to operate the abortion program"?

No federal money is used for abortions. 3% of the PP services are for abortions. The rest is health services for women. Fox and the Republicans keeps repeating the disgusting lies.

This should not be about justifying PP and abortions. This is about murder. All the wingnut Republican candidates are going on about "baby parts", demonizing PP as they always do. It's reprehensible.

This election will come down to women's right to choose and the electorate is not going to take away that right. What's weird is that the Republican candidate absolutely has to take the untenable position that abortion has to be abolished to win the nomination!

That's great! It means the Republicans don't have a prayer of getting elected. Well...they're all so far out there, they never had a chance anyway. This is going to be a long year with these wingnut, xenophobic cowards spouting their hatred and nonsense. coffee1.gif

Thank you notmyself for a true and informative short vid, which the right wing will either refuse to watch or will be unable to accept due to the truth, truth not being acceptable in the right wing mind.

Some more on this....

I'm always amused by the protestors holding signs, "My Body My Choice", standing in line, for an operation that accepts government funding. I would have thought they would get off their ass, get a job, and pay for their own services, if they didn't want someone telling them what to do.

Thank you notmyself for a true and informative short vid, which the right wing will either refuse to watch or will be unable to accept due to the truth, truth not being acceptable in the right wing mind.

Some more on this....

I'm always amused by the protestors holding signs, "My Body My Choice", standing in line, for an operation that accepts government funding. I would have thought they would get off their ass, get a job, and pay for their own services, if they didn't want someone telling them what to do.

It is not government funded. Where does this come from? Glen Beck, Rush (something) or Fox News. All completely made up!

I do have something for you though......

Moon landing were faked etc. etc.

Some more on this....

I'm always amused by the protestors holding signs, "My Body My Choice", standing in line, for an operation that accepts government funding. I would have thought they would get off their ass, get a job, and pay for their own services, if they didn't want someone telling them what to do.It is not government funded. Where does this come from? Glen Beck, Rush (something) or Fox News. All completely made up!

I do have something for you though......

Moon landing were faked etc. etc.

By operation, I meant as a company or organization, not surgical or medical procedure. As per Chuckd's post above, $528 Million in 2014 for Planned Parenthood funding.

I think you are a little like the Republican teabagger in the "Grey Bloke" vid. Most people living under the poverty line have a job, sometimes 2 or 3 but thanks to Republican legislation, criminal banksters, Wall Street criminals and tax breaks for corporations that move jobs overseas the good jobs no longer exist. Btw, if you pay taxes you help support companies like wallymart, mcbarfs etc. because the salaries are so low those workers need assistance which is rightly available in a civilized society by the government. Health care in the US is less for more than any other developed country thanks to big pharma, insurance (real death panels), overpriced doctors and hospitals. Everybody has a right to health care, not just the rich and there should zero difference between the care received for the .01% and the rest of us. Some cold hearted people post on here. Well aren't all right wing Republicans just like that? Cold hearted and no real morals. Compared to the trillions spent on killing people that never did a damn thing to us and ruining the US economically and morally, 528 USD is a drop in a bucket and damn well spent money.

I think you are a little like the Republican teabagger in the "Grey Bloke" vid. Most people living under the poverty line have a job, sometimes 2 or 3 but thanks to Republican legislation, criminal banksters, Wall Street criminals and tax breaks for corporations that move jobs overseas the good jobs no longer exist. Btw, if you pay taxes you help support companies like wallymart, mcbarfs etc. because the salaries are so low those workers need assistance which is rightly available in a civilized society by the government. Health care in the US is less for more than any other developed country thanks to big pharma, insurance (real death panels), overpriced doctors and hospitals. Everybody has a right to health care, not just the rich and there should zero difference between the care received for the .01% and the rest of us. Some cold hearted people post on here. Well aren't all right wing Republicans just like that? Cold hearted and no real morals. Compared to the trillions spent on killing people that never did a damn thing to us and ruining the US economically and morally, 528 USD is a drop in a bucket and damn well spent money.

Yes it seems to some that unless you raen a certain amount you dont qualify to be trested as a human.