Chinese woman, 23, found dead, alone on dive tour north of Phuket

rooster59

Chinese woman, 23, found dead, alone on dive tour north of Phuket

post-247607-0-71999000-1448695807_thumb.

Doctors told police that Ms Zhang died at least six hours before her body was found by another group of divers. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: Police are investigating the death of a 23-year-old Chinese woman whose body was found alone at a depth of 11 metres by a group of divers from another dive tour north of Phuket yesterday afternoon (Nov 27).

Divers from Khao Lak Scuba Adventures found the body of Zhang Lin near Koh Bon, off Kuraburi in Phang Nga, at about 2:30pm.

Officials from the Similan National Park outpost in Kuraburi notified Marine Police that her body had been found at 7pm last night (Nov 27).

Police said that, according to the divers who found her, Ms Zhang was floating face-down without her mouthpiece in place.

They brought her body on board their dive boat, the Taisiri, and performed CPR (cardio-pulmonary resuscitation) in an attempt to revive her. However, Ms Zhang remained unresponsive.

A speedboat sped Ms Zhang ashore and she was rushed to Tai Muang Hospital, but doctors there said that she died at least six hours before her body was discovered.

However, doctors also said they would request that an autopsy determine her cause of death.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/chinese-woman-23-found-dead-alone-on-dive-tour-north-of-phuket-55171.php

tpn.jpg

-- Phuket News 2015-11-28

**Thaivisa would like to clarify that Ms Zhang was diving with the Similian Sea Club Dive Company and not Khao Lak Scuba Adventures Co. Ltd.**

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't counted back by the dive master?!

No dive buddy?

Nobody reported her missing?

Poor girl, left to die by those she paced her trust.

Let's see the dive shop get out of this one!

Criminal negligence at the very least.

No dive buddy?

Why don't you just wait what the operator has to say, as is stated in the article.

Wow.... Ok, girl 23... You know she must have been beautiful. Everyone above absolutely dead on. Dive buddy, where was the boy friend? A 23 year old China Girl always comes with friends. Now what I consider signs of a stuggle. Forces under water would occur closest to the reef and shore, where strong waves will slam you down. This location is not where any reasonable captain would take novices. This is just like the game Clue. These chain of events only point to fowl play.

The captain would have to preassign dive buddies. The question, where is the ledger that tracks couples.

The questions we should be asking, was did she need someone to guide and ensure her safety.

I don't know anything about diving, but I do understand Common Sense.

Here will be another (now new) attempted rape since DNA and Thais are getting smarter.

But for those who are not a half full kinda guy, she hit here head, no one noticed.

No dive buddy?

Why don't you just wait what the operator has to say, as is stated in the article.

And members should read the FULL article and not just the short form posted here on Thaivisa.

The FULL article explains much more...,

What happened to her original dive tour group? Did they just figure she found her own way back and decided to go back without her after a day of diving?

docshock13, did you actually read the entire article. This was a liveaboard dive trip, not a day trip. nevertheless your first question is even more relevant. How does a dive boat that has a liveaboard dive trip not know one of their divers is missing. Me thinks this dive company is in big trouble, if the truth ever comes out.

What happened to her original dive tour group? Did they just figure she found her own way back and decided to go back without her after a day of diving?

docshock13, did you actually read the entire article. This was a liveaboard dive trip, not a day trip. nevertheless your first question is even more relevant. How does a dive boat that has a liveaboard dive trip not know one of their divers is missing. Me thinks this dive company is in big trouble, if the truth ever comes out.

Who says they did not know they had a missing diver? Nothing about that in the article.

Let's first wait for the company's statement, there are many questions at the moment.

Divers from Khao Lak Scuba Adventures found the body of Zhang Lin near Koh Bon, off Kuraburi in Phang Nga, at about 2:30pm.

Just wondering if the diving equipment was from the same company? Poor young woman....

Since she was diving from a different boat that seems very unlikely.

Read the article.

Actually yes. I did read the entire article. I suppose I didn't make it entirely clear the scenario that was running through my head when I posted: that a dive group is ready to head back to the boat, but a) no one noticed the missing diver or b. upon doing a count they assumed she had already come up and boarded without them.

What is interesting is that another dive group found her (apparently several hours after her death according to the coroner in the OP).

In any case, certainly strange circumstances which (as other posters have mentioned) will hopefully be cleared up when the tour operator makes it statement and provides details of events. Until then, no point in speculating. We can only wait until the statement to see if any questions are answered.

Something is really wrong here. She was on a live-a-board dive boat and no one from that boat reported her missing before she was found by another dive group. Something very strange is going on here.

Where did you read she was not reported missing?

Archived