Pattaya International Fireworks Festival kicks-off with a bang!

rooster59

Pattaya International Fireworks Festival kicks-off with a bang!

firework-4.jpg?resize=610%2C393

PATTAYA: Friday Night saw the start of this weekend’s Pattaya International Fireworks Festival on Pattaya Beach and the show began with a bang!

Pattaya Beach Road was busy with thousands of Thai and foreign tourists who enjoyed the first night of fireworks and this year the Festival honors the 5th Cycle or 60th Birthday Anniversary of Her Royal Highness Princess Sirintorn.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/219322/pattaya-international-fireworks-festival-kicks-off-with-a-bang/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-11-28

They really need to sort the the traffic problems it was at a standstill all over both nights, it was actually quicker to walk.

LOL. Do you have any idea how many people were down there last night? The whole of Beach Road and the beach were crowded. They tried their best with cops working on all intersections, but there's only so much you can do when 10's of thousands of people converge on Pattaya Beach and you have to close one of the main roads.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that walking Beach Road was far easier than past years. Not as many people this year. I do remember when they used multiple barges, and the show was more continuous. Walking Soi Buakhow was a nightmare since all of the traffic normally on Beach Road went there. Great show though. Thank you Pattaya.....

Edited by stoli

I was pleasantly surprised to find that walking Beach Road was far easier than past years. Not as many people this year. I do remember when they used multiple barges, and the show was more continuous. Walking Soi Buakhow was a nightmare since all of the traffic normally on Beach Road went there. Great show though. Thank you Pattaya.....

Some thing needs to be done about Soi Buakhow, traffic needs to be restricted, last night they should have closed it off as it was being used as a 'rat run'. There are no side walks, not pedestrian friendly, there should be looking at making part off or most of it pedestrianised. I have been clipped a couple of times with wing mirrors etc. there are the usual nutters on scooters bombing along as well.

10 yrs ago I would of loved to go to this, now I'd have to be armed first.

Yes it was easier to get around and a more casual atmosphere, but it is still good (and free) entertainment.

Used to be plenty of Beach space too, a little less these days.

I have given up on driving and book into a central hotel, arrive mid afternoon.

Then my feet take care of me.