the best eggs Benedict I ever had

mascarabertha

Even for the OP, this has to rate as one of the most pointless posts I've ever seen.

Unless you're a world class chef with an advanced degree in Eggs Benedict appreciation, who in the world cares. Really.

Don't feed the troll (even Eggs Benedict)!

Edited by Greenside

I really hope this thread came after:

1. post to facebook

2. pictures to instagram

3. twitter post

4. phone calls and texts

5. yelp review...

this is great!!!!!!!!!

coffee1.gif

and when you turn 21, you can experience beer!!!!!! maybe it's 18 in Thailand, i forget...

ok, when you turn 18!!!!

Hmm..... has the OP enjoyed brunch at Brennan's in New Orleans with eggs Benedict and champagne? That's the standard to beat.

I'll second that! Though Galatoire's was (is?) equally as good. I seem to remember that it cost us about over $100 to have eggs Benedict (plus a couple of drinks and salad and some oysters and whatever I cant remember) at Galatoire's. The food in New Orleans is one of the very few things I really miss about the US.

Hmm..... has the OP enjoyed brunch at Brennan's in New Orleans with eggs Benedict and champagne? That's the standard to beat.

I'll second that! Though Galatoire's was (is?) equally as good. I seem to remember that it cost us about over $100 to have eggs Benedict (plus a couple of drinks and salad and some oysters and whatever I cant remember) at Galatoire's. The food in New Orleans is one of the very few things I really miss about the US.

How is it if you don't drink? I notice a couple of people have to drink with it.

On the subject of Eggs Benedict I really like them but have not found any that are worth while. Where is this Garden Restaurant? I am not an expert on them but I am an expert on what I like.

How is it if you don't drink? I notice a couple of people have to drink with it.

On the subject of Eggs Benedict I really like them but have not found any that are worth while. Where is this Garden Restaurant? I am not an expert on them but I am an expert on what I like.

nice turn of phrase "I'm an expert on what I like" That will end a confrontation

I've had eggs benedict in New Orleans, 4 seasons NY, 4 seasons Istanbull. The eggs benedict/bacon in the garden restaurant chiang mai Thailand is really really good

I just had eggs Benedict in the Garden restaurant around the corner from McDonalds. the corner the Segway is on at Tha Pae Gate.

I didn't ask for the menu I just said Eggs Benedict it came with Ham. Next time I will try it with bacon. I have to admit it is the best I have had in Chiang Mai and that is not saying much for it.

I walked by the Garden Restaurant on Loy Kroh and checked their menu they didn't have Eggs Benedict on it.

• 1 month later...

If going to Brennan's, it's best to end the meal with Bananas Foster. Eggs Benedict is really just a poached egg on a muffin with some Hollandaise sauce, but Bananas Foster is a flaming (literally) experience in consumable heaven!

If going to Brennan's, it's best to end the meal with Bananas Foster. Eggs Benedict is really just a poached egg on a muffin with some Hollandaise sauce, but Bananas Foster is a flaming (literally) experience in consumable heaven!

And to start the experience with mimosa cocktails and to keep 'em coming.

I have always been under the impression it was a English biscuit with a piece of ham and poached egg topped by hollandaise sauce. first time I ever heard of it with out ham.

On the subject of good ones in Chiang Mai the best one I have ever had was Friday morning at the Ex Pat club breakfast. It had actually been turned into a buffet with Eggs Benedict and turkey plus the regular stuff and some more Thai dishes thrown in. It was delicious. It was not made with an English Muffin they made it with biscuit mix I liked that as it was easy to cut it. Of course it was no longer official but close enough for me.

Yes, that was a very nice New Years Day Brunch at River Market, wasn't it NJ? I know many people like those "biscuits" that they do -- the cheesy ones, similar to what Red Lobster has in the U.S., but I find them too salty for my taste. I had the eggs Benedict, too, but had I known they were going to serve it on one of those "biscuits", I would, have brought over a piece of whole wheat toast and asked them to build the eggs Benedict on top of the toast. Oh well, the eggs were perfect -- slightly runny, on top of ham -- and the biscuit was fork tender, so I joined the Clean Plate Club. The 150 baht mimosas were a nice touch, too.

I wonder if River Market will do eggs Benedict again for us at future Friday CEC Breakfast Clubs? This was a special event, at a higher price because it was New Years Day.

Yes, that was a very nice New Years Day Brunch at River Market, wasn't it NJ? I know many people like those "biscuits" that they do -- the cheesy ones, similar to what Red Lobster has in the U.S., but I find them too salty for my taste. I had the eggs Benedict, too, but had I known they were going to serve it on one of those "biscuits", I would, have brought over a piece of whole wheat toast and asked them to build the eggs Benedict on top of the toast. Oh well, the eggs were perfect -- slightly runny, on top of ham -- and the biscuit was fork tender, so I joined the Clean Plate Club. The 150 baht mimosas were a nice touch, too.

I wonder if River Market will do eggs Benedict again for us at future Friday CEC Breakfast Clubs? This was a special event, at a higher price because it was New Years Day.

While I used to change ingredients in my Eggs Benedict when I was camping I never expected them to come on whole wheat in a restaurant. Yes the eggs were perfect poached. I doubt we will see it again.sad.png

He's right. The ones at Rimping are good. You could try them at Rimping @Prom next time you go to Imm. Prom. to do your 90 day report. Not as generous a portion as the serving at River Market -- just one half a muffin as I recall, but something more like a real English muffin. A lot less sauce, too, but that's better for the waistline. I esp. like the eggs Florentine.