Modes of transport to travel with small pet dog in Thailand?

I am moving house from Chiang Mai to Chumphon in about 1 month.

Does anyone have any recommendations of how to travel with my 5 month old miniature poodle?

The dog has not/ will not be crate trained in time. So a plane probably isn't a great idea.

I have heard that you can take a small dog on the train...is this true?? (and what class do I have to take)

Or to hire a driver Chiang Mai to Bkk, then Bkk to Chumphon (approx cost?)

or a last resort of hiring a car and driving...

Or is there a recommended pet transport company in Chiang Mai that could take the puppy to Bangkok? from where I can organise it to be taken down south from there...

Thanks

MickMick

Thanks

Mate depending on the size of your dog Thai Smile lets you take them in the cabin with you as carry on. Costs about 600 baht. Also dogs dont need to be crate trained for short flights so you could just take him as freight.

Mate pm me if you really get stuck i send my pups worldwide so a local gig is no drama. Had a taxi driver deliver one of my pups from Udon to Pattaya once in the back seat for 2500 baht in less than 10 hours

Thanks for ya info Starky,

I have decided to do the thing I didn't want to do.. but is by far the most practical (with moving house and all). I think I'm just going to drive, from Chiang Mai down to Surat Thani, via Chumphon. I am a lil nervous about driving in the cities though but once I get out of the hustle and bustle of the city I think I will be fine. The distance is not a worry to me, as I drive that far all the time..

Hopefully the dog handle the trip.