Non O visa based on supporting a Thai dependant

Im planning on going to Vienienne next week to apply for a non o visa based on supporting my 2 month old daughter. Her mother is Thai and we live together.

I've heard a rumour in another post that you can no longer get these visas. Does anyone know if thats true?

Ive got the birth certificate, tabian baan showing my partner and daughter living at the same address, my Thai driving lisence showing that I also live at the same address, a copy of my partners signed ID card. We havent been able to go to court to legitimise my paternity as there is a fairly long wait. I do however have a letter from our lawyer stating when the court date is booked to do this.

Does anyone with any knowledge on the subject think I will have an issue obtaining a visa?

Many thanks in advance

You can get a single entry non-o visa based upon being the parent of a Thai in Vientiane.

You need your child's birth certificate plus a copy and a copy of their house book registry,

Edit: If you plan on going in the next couple of weeks you would need to do it before the 2nd. The consular section will be closed from the 2nd to the 10th.

You can get a single entry non-o visa based upon being the parent of a Thai in Vientiane.

You need your child's birth certificate plus a copy and a copy of their house book registry,

Edit: If you plan on going in the next couple of weeks you would need to do it before the 2nd. The consular section will be closed from the 2nd to the 10th.

... which I think means applying Monday November 30th when the consular section is going to be heaving with prople applying for visas before the break. Accept my condolences, and bring a good book and something to drink.

Hi Ubonjoe,I'm in the same boat as the op but on top I have documents from Thai family court certifying I'm the father of my daughter[amazing]

I thought it was possible to get a 1yr multi visa with those documents.I don't want to extend my visa anymore at immigration because to much hassle,5 weeks ago i could not extend my visa because I couldn't show original house book of my daughter,so they gave me 60days to visit my daughter[she lives with me since 7years].Today I went to immigration with original house book,of course not enough,now I have to go immigration and take 2 people out of my village who can certify I really live with my daughter in the village.I could do that but I really don't want.Who knows what else they want next time.I don't understand why they can not tell straight what they need one and forever.I don't want to deal with the immigration anymore,I'd rather get a 1year visa and do border runs every 90days

Hi Ubonjoe,I'm in the same boat as the op but on top I have documents from Thai family court certifying I'm the father of my daughter[amazing]

I thought it was possible to get a 1yr multi visa with those documents.I don't want to extend my visa anymore at immigration because to much hassle,5 weeks ago i could not extend my visa because I couldn't show original house book of my daughter,so they gave me 60days to visit my daughter[she lives with me since 7years].Today I went to immigration with original house book,of course not enough,now I have to go immigration and take 2 people out of my village who can certify I really live with my daughter in the village.I could do that but I really don't want.Who knows what else they want next time.I don't understand why they can not tell straight what they need one and forever.I don't want to deal with the immigration anymore,I'd rather get a 1year visa and do border runs every 90days

I think I would try one more time to get the extension.

Savannakhet will do the multiple entry non-o but you would need to have your child and their mother with you when you apply to prove you are living together as family (de facto marriage).

You could get one in Penang if you can show at least 100k baht in the bank or an income.

Yeah, I absolutely agree with you. It is damn annoying that there is no official guideline of what you will really need. Every immigration office even between the officers has there own requirements... and in the end nearly all officers of rural immigration offices trying to demand money somehow....

Savannakhet will do the multiple entry non-o but you would need to have your child and their mother with you when you apply to prove you are living together as family (de facto marriage).

You could get one in Penang if you can show at least 100k baht in the bank or an income.

Oh well,my daughters mother is married in Germany so no chance to take her.I have pension 60000up,because the Euro is so low I didn't have the required 65000Bt to extend my retirement.6-7 years ago I went every year to KL to get a 1year visa there,never had problems but I guess different times.............

Ok Thanks for helping I guess I have to ask my neighbors they will probably think I'm a criminal

Oh well,my daughters mother is married in Germany so no chance to take her.I have pension 60000up,because the Euro is so low I didn't have the required 65000Bt to extend my retirement.6-7 years ago I went every year to KL to get a 1year visa there,never had problems but I guess different times.............

Ok Thanks for helping I guess I have to ask my neighbors they will probably think I'm a criminal

You can get one in Penang without the family just show your proof of income.

You do have the option of combining income with money in the bank to reach a total of 800k baht to get the retirement extension. That is only 80k baht with an income of 60k baht.

You don't need to go to court I didn't and took my son home no problem

That is very poor advice if by "took my son home no problem" you mean that a child can easily be removed from the country.

There are heavy penalties for child trafficking both in Thailand and other countries.

It was enough for me last year. Very easy at savanakhet. the court thing you don't have to do. Just another way of getting cash of you. I even brought my son to the UK without this court document. No problems anywhere on route. Your name is on the birth certificate thats plenty I can assure you