American man arrested in Pattaya for U.S. assault charges

webfact

American Christopher William Parker Arrested in Pattaya for U.S. Assault Charges

PATTAYA -Chonburi Immigration Police have arrested an American Christopher William Parker, 53, wanted on assault charges back in the United States.

Christopher William Parker, was apprehended by Chonburi Immigration Police after he applied for a year-long extension of stay to his non-immigrant visa, Pattaya News reported.

A background check turned up his outstanding warrant and the U.S. embassy was contacted.

Full story: http://www.chiangraitimes.com/american-christopher-william-parker-arrested-in-pattaya-for-u-s-assault-charges.html

crt.png
-- Chiang Rai Times 2015-11-30

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised someone would be deported for an assualt charge.

I guess it is the fact that a USA warrant has been issued against him and linked to his passport.

It does seem minor, but overall I feel positive about this as it suggests undesirables cannot come here and hide, and more serious offenders can also be apprehended and got rid of.

You mean he just slapped a girl's bottom and they want to deport him? Sheesh! These Thai people, so tough.

Or is it the case that you neither know what he did nor the US definition of assault?

I suspect the latter.

In any case, like any coward, he ran away and refused to accept responsibility for his actions.

About time, should be more of it. If one hasn't done anyting wrong then nothing to fear. it should also be applied to many of those who clearly come here to hide and attempt to prevent their being punished for their crimes in their home country.

He was deported owing to there being an outstanding arrest warrant that related to an assault charge. why should that surprise you? Given that a warrant was issued would tend to suggest that it may be a serious assault but then how serious one can only guess as this was not disclosed.

Consistency.

I Agree !

I'd just like to see some type of consistency.

Rules ... laws ... whatever .... seem to be so different and dependent

on where you live in Thailand.

I'd Love To See A Set Of Common Laws.

- With educated officials

- Universally enforced throughout Thailand.

OK. I'll wake up now.

I know from experience that disgruntled ex-wives and crafty, unscrupulous lawyers

can fabricate ridiculously untrue "assault charges." Since there's no real penalty for perjury

and of course there is no resources for a proper investigation and no edidence required,

the courts could have issued said warrant on a whim.

As stated earlier, there was no indication as to whether this warrant had any factual basis whatsoever.

Me too, but I guess we don't really know the circumstances. I am pretty sure the US officials were not hunting him down.

Doesn't surprise me one little bit. Of course the US officials would not be physically hunting him, that is the reason an arrest warrant was issued. It allows thse who sought the warrant or other law enforcement officers, wherever they may be, to arrest the offender, make the necessary inquiries and then, if detained overseas, deport them back to their country to answer the charges.

Many, many times, when I was a police officer in Australia, I would come across many of these ttypes committing a minor offence, something that would not warrant them being arrested but upon doing a warrant check, I would find that the person had failed to appear at court on more serious charges. Now, how the system works here I do not know but if he was flagged as a wanted person on their computer system, he should have been arrested before the extension was granted and fees paid. The story, again, is a poorly reported article, tells us nothing and takes us no where but his arrest is certainly no surprise.

...I guess he loses his visa application fee....

he applied for a year-long extension of stay to his non-immigrant visa, Pattaya Newsreported.
Park entered Thailand from Laos on June 30 and was residing in Moo 3 village in Nongprue Sub-district. His extension actually had been granted and he was permitted to stay in the country until June 23 next year.

He entered the country on a non-imm O on June 30 and was given a year long extension to June 23 ?? and was arrested when he applied in November??

Strange set of dates.

Good work. Now how about some home grown justice in Thailand for all the assaults that are so commonplace?

Because the prisons are empty? Possibly the actual courts are sentencing people based on the facts even though the TV court of opinion may adjudicate differently based on reading snippets in the news.

Edited by Suradit69

He was deported owing to there being an outstanding arrest warrant that related to an assault charge. why should that surprise you? Given that a warrant was issued would tend to suggest that it may be a serious assault but then how serious one can only guess as this was not disclosed.

Agree, nothing to be "surprised" about. Typically, if someone has a warrant out for their arrest, it's pretty serious. The guy must have known there was a warrant out on him, but chose to flee. Hope others in the same predicament heed.

...I guess he loses his visa application fee....

Read the full article, his extension was granted.

Thank you for pointing this out. However, whilst significant, in the middle of the speculation w*nkathon, no one seems to have grasped that we all could have warrants out on us and not know about them, and they're not an indication of guilt of anything. There's no need to have any substantial proof of guilt to allow the police to investigate, and if there was, then there'd be little point in police or police investigations or questioning. There's certainly no need for the perpetrator to be in the country to have one logged. Further, whilst accidental data input entries are not that uncommon in these issues creating false positives

(the passport office spelt "Christopher" incorrectly on my passport a while ago and refused initially to change it as I'd not noticed this for three weeks or something, and only noticed when some foreigner read all the letters, probably not so familiar with the name and compared them to it having been written correctly somewhere else, which created some problem for me---I forget what the problem was now, but should have been compensable),

it's standard practise for governments to <deleted> people they don't like around by doing things like this, when they want to create problems for them, as it's totally deniable and is fairly impossible to prove malicious intent on a person so it's hard to prosecute them.

Whilst "ex Mi5/Mi6", fraud, David Shayler is a liar and his account of what happened to him incredibly unlikely to be as he says, his reports of his treatment when he left Mi was that they flagged him as a paedophile, so wherever he went he not only got flagged, but was abused (a.k.a. 'understandably' treated by all those who dealt with him in the respective countries he 'fled to'.

Me too, but I guess we don't really know the circumstances. I am pretty sure the US officials were not hunting him down.

Doesn't surprise me one little bit. Of course the US officials would not be physically hunting him, that is the reason an arrest warrant was issued. It allows thse who sought the warrant or other law enforcement officers, wherever they may be, to arrest the offender, make the necessary inquiries and then, if detained overseas, deport them back to their country to answer the charges.

Many, many times, when I was a police officer in Australia, I would come across many of these ttypes committing a minor offence, something that would not warrant them being arrested but upon doing a warrant check, I would find that the person had failed to appear at court on more serious charges. Now, how the system works here I do not know but if he was flagged as a wanted person on their computer system, he should have been arrested before the extension was granted and fees paid. The story, again, is a poorly reported article, tells us nothing and takes us no where but his arrest is certainly no surprise.

The US must have supplied Immigration in Thailand with a data base of citizens known to be abroad with outstanding warrants. They granted the extension and arrested him when he came to pick up his passport the next day. At least they get the extension fee.smile.png