Signs that you live in a cheap condominium complex

dennis123

Uhh, people sitting outside the tiny minimart on the ground floor of the condo drinking beer at 10am in the morning?

Or is this quite standard at every large condominium?

No not just the one I saw the first day at 9am with a shot of Sangsom next to his beer.

Today I saw almost a dozen of them!!!

I'm not so sure whether they are tourists or long time stayers, I just walk past and frowns at them lol.

Have to say they look quite miserable so can't imagine they are on holiday, I do know some alcoholics in my country who told me they open their first can right after they wake up so I guess it's not that uncommon.

HECK, even when I was on holiday in Cambodia for almost a month I didn't drink my first beer before say 2-3pm.

Edited by dennis123

Those are only drunks and they dont bother me at all; after all you can see them in just about every street in town if you look hard enough.

Real ghettos here have loads of screaming kids running around the lobby and car park day and night, and Thai families drying fish on the common area lawns.

Dennis, Were these people bothering you by drinking beer at 10am? Were they being noisy, offensive or pose any kind of threat to you?

Did the people who saw you drinking a beer in, say, Cambodia, at say, 2-3pm complain on an internet forum because they don't drink before, say, 5pm?

Stop being a judgemental ass and learn to live and let live, and you'll find Thailand is a nice place to be.

Signs that you live in a cheap condominium complex

"...people sitting outside the tiny minimart on the ground floor of the condo drinking beer at 10am in the morning?"

Because at 10 in the morning in the more expensive condo complexes the drunks are downing Courvoisier behind closed doors??

I just walk past and frowns at them lol.

Very classy. I'm sure they feel properly chastened.

Very simple, just move to a condo that suits you.

Well fosseway, I did that, losing a 40,000 B security and incurinng some 70,000 costs re moving

expenses and new deposits. I relocated to a quite luxurious condo bldg. in the " Beverly Hills " of

Pattaya only to find a trash filled/abandoned shacks Soi, with poor internet and cell phone reception

plus a " Juristic " person who I will have to take to the Pattaya Consumer Complaints dept. to get the

free WI-FI promised but not delivered.

People wanting out of somewhere simply cannot take the word of prospective landlords/rental agents but must make a surgical examination of all facets before signing a lease.

10 years ago i lived in an entertaining apartment building;

- thai women 'supported' by foreigners sitting outside the building drinking alcohol at 10am

- same women playing/gambling dominoes day after day, week after week, yawn.

- foreign alcoholic/heroin addict along the corridor

- ladyboy prostitute living next door - only twice did i hear anger when her customer realised his lady companion had a little for him up her dress. she had customers every night so there is demand.

- regular, loud and very public arguments/fights between foreigners and their thai partners

- when i asked an american neighbour not to lock his gf out of their apartment in the early hours as she shouts and bangs so much it wakes everyone he showed me a leather holster and said he had the gun to go in it and i should 'be careful'

- a foreigner living with his mentally unstable thai gf. she brought a puppy into the building when is was clear to everyone pets are not allowed and kicked off in a huge was when she was told to remove the dog.

those were the days.

Lemmesee....10 signs that you live in a cheap condo:

1. There is no water in the swimming pool.

2. The swimming pool only has water during the weekends.

3. There is a host of strange amphibian creatures living in the murky waters of the swimming pool.

4. The security guard opens a can of beer at 9 a.m. and drinks it openly, along with the shot of Hong-tong that is permanently planted on his desk.

5. The cleaning lady is a fat old drunk that smokes and leaves more shit around than she cleans up.

6. The soi dogs stays away because there is no food for them here.

7. Instead of a manager present, there is a phone number you can call, but nobody ever picks up when you call that number.

8. The Police has opened a small office near the ground floor of the condo.

9. Half of the units in the condo has had their electric meters taken away by the electricity supplier.

10. The cleaning lady is the wife of the head security guard.

Hang on....., maybe they are shift workers having a libation or 2 after a hard evenings graft ?
A number of years ago while working on a prawn trawler in the north of W.A. we would often finish up at 7am with a beer and a whiskey..., it helped ease us into daytime sleep...., so..., personally I'm happy for anyone to choose their own drinking hours..., so long as they are causing no disorder etc.

Edited by Sandy Freckle

I do not see many 'up market' condominiums with signs saying

'Please refrain from drinking alcohol before 2-3pm'.

Everybody's choice.

They may well have reservations about the type of people you associate with ?

But is it their business ?

It is also laughable coming from someone, who quite openly on here, admits to having alcohol problems !

Everybody's choice.

It is also laughable coming from someone, who quite openly on here, admits to having alcohol problems !

Touched a sensitive snare according to most responses :)

I don't have an alcohol problem, others at the health forum say I have but I don't agree with that at all. Sometimes I go drinking for a month in a row, every night and come home completely pissed, at other times I work non stop for a month without a single beer. Alcholics drink every day, starting from early in the morning, not my cup of sangsom lol.

Hang on....., maybe they are shift workers having a libation or 2 after a hard evenings graft ?

A number of years ago while working on a prawn trawler in the north of W.A. we would often finish up at 7am with a beer and a whiskey..., it helped ease us into daytime sleep...., so..., personally I'm happy for anyone to choose their own drinking hours..., so long as they are causing no disorder etc.

Been one myself, closing the week with a few beers at friday morning 7am after work. The people I see here are retired, old & wise lol, mixed in with a couple of Russians that seem a bit younger but not the less miserable (40-50 year old I guess), not just males, also females. Maybe I should be grateful they sit at the tiny minimart and not at the pool.

Anyhow I've seen plenty sitting at bars in the early hours in Pattaya but didn't expect that at the condo, oh well, live & let live, next time I won't frowns at them smile.png

Actually I think most didn't even see that I frownsed as they seemed to be staring at, whatever!

Next time I'll yell, WAKE UP TIME!!!

Edited by dennis123

I used to give our solitary one a wave in the mornings as I drove past.

One day I popped into the shop and then chatted with him on the way out.

He was a very pleasant guy, from Sweden and spoke really good English.

Sad to hear he died a year or so later.

I suppose a cheap condo complex will not have a pool area to congregate in.

http://recipes.history.org/2014/09/beer-for-breakfast/
Beer for breakfast has an European history dating back to medieval times. We know the ancient Egyptians brewed it, and I do not doubt they drank it before noon.
Saying that drinking beer before noon is "bad" is like saying you can't eat pizza for breakfast.
If you are incapacitated early in the day that is not so good.
As with so much else it is not that you do it, but how that matters.

Some traditional companies in the west offer a dry or wet breakfast. Wet being however much IPA one could down during the 30min break. 3 pints was good going. It was clear who the long term employees were by the size of their beer guts. Happy daze.

Everybody's choice.

Touched a sensitive snare according to most responses smile.png

I don't have an alcohol problem, others at the health forum say I have but I don't agree with that at all. Sometimes I go drinking for a month in a row, every night and come home completely pissed, at other times I work non stop for a month without a single beer. Alcholics drink every day, starting from early in the morning, not my cup of sangsom lol.

Contrary to what you've apparently been led to believe, Alcoholism does not come with a set of bylaws. You, my friend, as do a great many deluded drinkers (I include myself here), easily fit within the spectrum of the human condition we affectionately refer to as, "alcoholism." Consider this your wake-up call. You're welcome.

Dennis, Were these people bothering you by drinking beer at 10am? Were they being noisy, offensive or pose any kind of threat to you?

Did the people who saw you drinking a beer in, say, Cambodia, at say, 2-3pm complain on an internet forum because they don't drink before, say, 5pm?

Stop being a judgemental ass and learn to live and let live, and you'll find Thailand is a nice place to be.

I agree with this post, yes, if people are drinking at 10 am in the morning,most of them probably every day, definitely have a drink problem.

But if they are not noisy and not bothering anyone, they should be left alone, it is their health and their body.

Dennis, start minding your own business, and learn to live and let live.

Disclaimer:

This particular Dennis is independent and is not connected in any way with anyone else who has hijacked his name

for their own judgmental posts.

I live here, love it here, am staying here and if I want a drink at 10am in front of a minimart, I will have one! ( Unlikely but,

it is no one else's busliness)

For the record, those old farts are not loud, neither have they been rude, lucky them :)

Actually I feel a bit sorry for them as they don't really seem to enjoy it and yes I do take offense, especially when I bring my hooker for the night home in the morning, what shall he be thinking, from a house with private pool to a freaking ghetto!!!

Lol just kidding! tongue.png