HK tourist jumps to his death from car park building in Bangkok

webfact

HK tourist jumps to his death in Bangkok shopping centre

BANGKOK: -- A 74-year-old Hong Kong Chinese tourist jumped to his death from the car park building Terminal 21 shopping plaza last night.

The man was later identified as Mr Wong Chee Leung Stephen.

According to Lumpini police, the incident was reported to the police at 11.00 pm by security guards of Terminal 21 shopping plaza that a man was found dead on the balcony of the first floor of the parking building.

They arrive at the scene along with rescue workers of the Por Teck Tueng charity foundation, and auto autopsy doctors from Chulalongkorn hospital and Police General hospital.

A search of the body found his credit cards and banknotes in both Thai and HK currencies.

Preliminary investigation and check on CCTV videos atbte car park building showed the HK man walked on the third floor before climbing over a fence and jumped down to the ground. He hit the first floor balcony instead.

Police are contacting the Chinese embassy authorities to look for his relatives to confirm him.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/hk-tourist-jumps-to-his-death-in-bangkoks-shopping-centre

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-12-01

Just wondering is there a reliable statistics as to how many tourist non Thai people losing their lives

in Thailand from natural, accidental, suicide and foul play every year?

A few years ago I saw some stats from the Australian Embassy, re: Their nationals' deaths overseas.

According to this, more Ozzies die in Thailand each year than in any other foreign country (non-natural causes was stipulated, I think). >200 deaths in a calendar year.

Motocycles & (then) watersports seemed to be causative factors in a disproportionately large number of cases! (From what I surmise, illicit substances & alcoholic beverages were contributing-factors with many!).

Edited by Andrew65

It seems like every time i look on this site there is someone jumping to there death?

What a sad way to end one's life.

The airport car park is one of the popular site, we've heard too many times already, AOT should really look up how to avoid from happening over and over again.

Edited by Micbozy

It seems like every time i look on this site there is someone jumping to there death?

The airport car park is one of the popular site, we've heard too many times already, AOT should really look up how to avoid from happening over and over again.

Yeah man, that's the ticket!

Seriously, do you put thoughts together before posting?...

why is it sad? at 74 probably just has enough and jumping gets it over with quickly.

What, we should have a special zone so "the elderly" can jump ? Some kind of Logan's Run scenario?

why is it sad? at 74 probably just has enough and jumping gets it over with quickly.

What, we should have a special zone so "the elderly" can jump ? Some kind of Logan's Run scenario?

At least it would reduce the risk of innocent people on the ground having to break their fall.

Is a balcony jump "sadder" than a long, drawn out painful undignified death with lots of hospital tubes stuck in every orifice?

At least it would reduce the risk of innocent people on the ground having to break their fall.

Is a balcony jump "sadder" than a long, drawn out painful undignified death with lots of hospital tubes stuck in every orifice?

It shows a lack of consideration for those who have to clean up, and for whoever has to do the ID. I attended a dozen or so as a police officer. The scene, I got used to, the ID, if with a close relative, I never did.

Knowing AOT they would be more likely to want to charge a "jumping fee".

...from your previous posts, I thought better of you than that pr!

Knowing AOT they would be more likely to want to charge a "jumping fee".

I'm not sure AOT can do anything about suicides at Bangkok shopping centres.

Just wondering is there a reliable statistics as to how many tourist non Thai people losing their lives

A few years ago I saw some stats from the Australian Embassy, re: Their nationals' deaths overseas.

According to this, more Ozzies die in Thailand each year than in any other foreign country (non-natural causes was stipulated, I think). >200 deaths in a calendar year.

Motocycles & (then) watersports seemed to be causative factors in a disproportionately large number of cases! (From what I surmise, illicit substances & alcoholic beverages were contributing-factors with many!).

I remember the published figures also, however when you calculate the number of visitors, average length of stay, and considered the life expectancy, the figures werent that different from what would be expected from the same random number number of people if they had remained at home.

There was also details of how many people died on flights to and from Thailand. These figures were also average when the flight time, and visitor numbers were considered.

There does seem to be an infatuation with jumping from tall buildings in Thailand though. I wonder if after a few days the girls make us feel like we are superhuman?.

RIP Sir.

Thailand is also known for the hub of building jumper. There are too many news like this.

Back in '98, the local populace seemed to favour doing this, during the Asian-Contagion.

Let's walk in a pesons shoes for a while, then pass judgement on them, when they take the voluntary & final exit?

Rather than just experience our nice, affluent, and tragedy/illness-free/easy lives!

Sure there is but TAT would never release such info, I think it must run into hundreds..