Terrible experience with "Legal Services" !

xkatjonax

I called A Legal Services and asked them if they can get the certification of my European diploma from Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs. They said they can, so I paid 5000 THB and gave my documents to them.

The next day I got an email where they said that I have to bring my diploma to the Consulate of my country in Bangkok first and if I don't want to do it myself, I can pay them 3500 THB more and they will do it for me. I explained them, that my country doesn't have an Embassy in Thailand and the Consulate doesn't provide Diploma certification services and I talked to Consul about that already. Ms.X was still insisting on trying to get it, so I had to explain the situation again. Then Ms.X started to talk with me with a raised voice and said that there is no other way to get certification from Thai MFA.

I politely asked her for a written disclaimer from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs if there is no other way to resolve this situation, cause this paper would help me in the future. Ms.X started yelling at me and said that she will not spend anymore time on me and I can come to pick up my documents and then Ms.X just hung up the phone.

So Legal Services didn't provide me a service they promised, they kept 2500 THB for their "services" and in addition to all that Ms.X showed the lack of manners, discourtesy and a lot of rudeness to her customer. So I would strongly advice to avoid some Legal Services.

*** post edited to remove names and places"""

Name & shame is NOT permitted on this forum.

Thanks for the heads up - fully noted, as I subscribe to this forum I have the original unedited version of your post in my email.

You are welcome. My post will not help people if it doesn't have the name of the company. So I will try to explain to admin that my post is not an advertising.

My post will not help people if it doesn't have the name of the company. So I will try to explain to admin that my post is not an advertising.

You dont understand why you cant write the name. Thailand has strict laws preventing people from making detrimental comments about others in public, even when these are true.

Yes, the laws are part of the protectionist cartel mentality that pervades every level of Thai business, but to be perfectly honest if they didnt exist then the internet would be full of negative comments about Thai companies and the poor service they often provide, not to mention allegations of criminal practice in business and denunciations about people in positions of power at every level.

So basically the law is just designed to "save face" and make everyone and everything look competent and good, when of course the reality is very far from that.

My post will not help people if it doesn't have the name of the company. So I will try to explain to admin that my post is not an advertising.

You dont understand why you cant write the name. Thailand has strict laws preventing people from making detrimental comments about others in public, even when these are true.

Yes, the laws are part of the protectionist cartel mentality that pervades every level of Thai business, but to be perfectly honest if they didnt exist then the internet would be full of negative comments about Thai companies and the poor service they often provide, not to mention allegations of criminal practice in business and denunciations about people in positions of power at every level.

So basically the law is just designed to "save face" and make everyone and everything look competent and good, when of course the reality is very far from that.

I understand, the law is designed to fool people, so they keep paying money for something they will never get :)