Moscow warns that ISIS in Thailand to attack Russian targets

webfact

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I figure the local villages would solve the problem long before I'm a target. Not a lot of Islam empathy here in Northern Thailand, especially at the village level. And even Thai Muslims would stick out like a sore thumb. Villages are inter-networks of families. Non-villagers stand out just as much as I do. The locals know their own.

The whole world is a target to these Muslim loonies, Thailand and all...

Christian, Buddhist, Hindu, Jewish, Harry Krishna...we are all infidels and a target for this scum, who want to destroy the civilised world.

The world is a dangerous place and wont change anytime soon.

So chill out and carry on as normal.

As someone has already stated, if some <deleted> Muslim extremist wearing a suicide belt wants to take you out, nothing is going to stop them. Not even the ex SAS and Delta Force hiding in the bars of Pattaya cam stop them.

I would like to see armed soldiers now at obvious areas of potential attack all over town. Including beaches.

Sure we all want to see that...

65a88bfe8c8194d70589e80f62f0aa64.jpgAgaysoldier.jpg

Now you know why the US has just allowed women in all of their combat units.cheesy.gifclap2.gifgiggle.gif

Should be easy to spot a Mid-Eastern man wearing a heavy coat covering his explosive vest when the temperatures linger around 35 degrees.

What if he's dressed in a wife beater and shorts just carrying a large suitcase or a backpack? (like everyone else is in places like hualumpong train station or khao San rd)

No matter what way you slice it, there are some juicy targets in bkk that would be hard to protect no matter who were on the job....

Let alone the rtp......good luck, we're going to need it :)

We can count our luck with having a military junta in charge of the country and a few of these highly educated and battle hardened skilled generals in all terrorist tactics will have this ISIS lot rounded up and sorted out and heading back home in the blink of an eye.

Who knows what to believe these days, ISIS is American made anyway and that country is more full of BS than a slaughterhouse.

If they come they come, so what. Yes deaths and injuries will occur, and the governments always say 'be alert' etc, you can do nothing. Just live your lives as you do now because fear is what these whacked out people want and I shall not give it to them.

stickylies, on 04 Dec 2015 - 05:49, said:

unfortunately, with suicide bombers ANY place is a soft spot basically. if it happens in pattaya or phuket it will cause major damage to thailand but don't underestimate russian intelligence who are present in those places too.

more likely it would be US or British intelligence who would give the heads up after all it was them who pointed out it was a bomb on the Russian plane flying out of Sharm.

It's not like the movies where the good guy shows up in some foreign country and somehow has a gun before he even leaves the airport. No james bond stuff here What about the Thai ex police chief in japan airport with his own gun..guns amo explosives easy here I am certain $$$$

over the last few years after Taksins departure, each and every high season has been riddled with a reason for low tourism. First it was the floods that were probably staged as the barriers were messed up from north to south, and within weeks he said he had a solution to the flood problem that would only cost Thailand 50 billion. Then the following year it was a coup, then again something else, then the erawan shrine and a strange almost fake like leaked report.

Im no consiracy nut, but this does seem like coincidence that every high season there is an attack on tourism in some strange shape or form to keep the company down on its knees.

Thailand ranks tenth on the 2015 terrorist watchlist, so a few more bomb throwing extremists won't make that much difference.

Saying that, the infamous Bali bombers simply parked a car beside a crowded nightclub, as have many terrorist groups over the years

So, imho, look to yourself for your own safety and avoid what most folk would deem a likely target. Avoid downtown patong, for example ( stay on the fringes) and avoid popular restaurants and clubs.... These measures should be common sense for expats, perhaps not so for tourists

But equally so, don't ever go off by yourself to an isolated area

It's perhaps hard, but like a juggling act, using running chainsaws, use common sense ( and let professionals juggle chainsaws)

Unacceptable ! No not the potential terrorist threat as we know there's no terrorism here and that's official but how dare the Russians make irresponsible comments that might affect tourism.

Standby for a certain lady to play down the story and produce figures to show that, as ever, tourist numbers are increasing.

Newsflash from TAT "Thailand is a safe haven for tourists" projected tourist increase for 2016 30%. We will make you smile or else. Then I woke up in a cold sweat. It was only a dream. As the poster above states we will have to wait and see if the Flady sings. If she does it will be a new rendition of the same old tune.

ISIS sent their squads to Thailand, in order to proove the rumours that the virgins of paradise could be found here by the tens-of-thousands.

They haven't reported back, yet, i bet they licked some titties and fell sound asleep. We have to give them some more time.

If they ever report that the virgins are here indeed, then we'll watch an exodus from Syria ot Thailand in no time !

Nothing you can do about. Just go about your business as usual, like all Thais do.

Again, they are not only after Russians. Is Paris in Russia? In Pattaya and Phuket they get Russians and westerners. You can't really step out in Pattaya and segregate yourself from Russians (or westerners).

I'm asking a serious question.

Should we avoid the malls, walking street, etc.?

It's hard to completely avoid the malls but I think it would be sensible to avoid large gatherings such as at festivals that attract mostly foreigners.

As far as the Russians ... so now Egypt is out. Turkey is out. So ISIS wants to make Pattaya out too?

JT

Avoid the songtaews and all will be fine thumbsup.gif

I just saw this reported on NHK (Japanese) tv which said the same thing but added that the targets were BOTH Russian and western tourists. I don't think anyone is particularly surprised by this.

Personally, I have little confidence that these terrorist forces can be well contained here. So how are we supposed to react to this?

Here in Pattaya, pretty much the entire city is a soft target. But some potential targets are more obvious than others. How about a step up in actual security measures rather than the lame "security theater" of entry scanners on some doors at Central Pattaya Beach Mall?

it's not surprising. And it would not be surprising if IS would have followers in Indonesia and just at the Thai border to Malaysia. Not surprising if bombs will explode in BKK, Pattaya, Phuket or CM. You can't do anything. Or go back to your home country. If it is in Europe you wouldn't be safer there. So what is the option?

I just saw this reported on NHK (Japanese) tv which said the same thing but added that the targets were BOTH Russian and western tourists. I don't think anyone is particularly surprised by this.

Personally, I have little confidence that these terrorist forces can be well contained here. So how are we supposed to react to this?

Here in Pattaya, pretty much the entire city is a soft target. But some potential targets are more obvious than others. How about a step up in actual security measures rather than the lame "security theater" of entry scanners on some doors at Central Pattaya Beach Mall?

it's not surprising. And it would not be surprising if IS would have followers in Indonesia and just at the Thai border to Malaysia. Not surprising if bombs will explode in BKK, Pattaya, Phuket or CM. You can't do anything. Or go back to your home country. If it is in Europe you wouldn't be safer there. So what is the option?

stay at home in an Isaan village, open a beer and watch the carnage on telly

Presumably you can now add British to the 'hit list', since Parliament has approved air strikes against ISIS. The irony is that Russians are not actually targetting ISIS in Syria, but neglected to tell them that they were really bombing fighters opposed to Assad. They are paranoid about losing a stronghold in Syria and will never back down from giving support to Assad, whatever the cost and loss of yet countless more Syrian nationals..

I agree it probably won't just be Russians. After all, they were screaming the Parisians they shot dead were 'adulterers and apostates', so anyone not clad in 16th century Middle Eastern garb is fair game. And they'd have a bloody field day in Pattaya.

I would like to see armed soldiers now at obvious areas of potential attack all over town. Including beaches.

Sure we all want to see that...

65a88bfe8c8194d70589e80f62f0aa64.jpgAgaysoldier.jpg

I have a copyright for this picture of me and you did not ask my permission to show it.

Gay poster of the month

Avoid Russians and their hangouts? smile.png

Villa Market's out then.

Again, they are not only after Russians. Is Paris in Russia? In Pattaya and Phuket they get Russians and westerners. You can't really step out in Pattaya and segregate yourself from Russians (or westerners).

I'm asking a serious question.

Should we avoid the malls, walking street, etc.?

It's hard to completely avoid the malls but I think it would be sensible to avoid large gatherings such as at festivals that attract mostly foreigners.

As far as the Russians ... so now Egypt is out. Turkey is out. So ISIS wants to make Pattaya out too?

Maybe it's Russia wanting to keep there dollars/Repels at home.

It's hard to believe whats said by governments anymore.

I quite being a government groupie a long time ago. I was tired of being a human marionette. Its the same canned BS every election season for the last 60 years for me and their message seems to be falling on more deaf ears every election cycle. The GOP spoutings seem the most outrageous I have ever heard goes way beyond BS. Go Donald.

ISIS is not growing naturally, it is being allowed to grow. Limitless handouts of petrodollars, free daily advertising in the media, what more could they want?

Indeed, and at a phenomenal rate. Who'd of thought that a bunch of ragheads in their new "Caliphate" would have the nous, and the logistical ability to launch their World jihad without major assistance from the ones who will gain the most, These "Jihadist's" are not following some mad Mullah, but some rogue elements within The U.S. Govn./C.I,A,.....this is serious sh$t, we are fast approaching the point, where in Their phony Hegelian Dialectical view of history the SHTF, just follow the money all the way back. For anyone interested,(not many) here is a relevant history lesson, sorry am not savvy enough to upload link. url; sott.net/article/294157/ the rise of Russia and the end of the world.

Archived