Moscow warns that ISIS in Thailand to attack Russian targets

webfact

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Again, they are not only after Russians. Is Paris in Russia? In Pattaya and Phuket they get Russians and westerners. You can't really step out in Pattaya and segregate yourself from Russians (or westerners).

I'm asking a serious question.

Should we avoid the malls, walking street, etc.?

It's hard to completely avoid the malls but I think it would be sensible to avoid large gatherings such as at festivals that attract mostly foreigners.

As far as the Russians ... so now Egypt is out. Turkey is out. So ISIS wants to make Pattaya out too?

Maybe it's Russia wanting to keep there dollars/Repels at home.

It's hard to believe whats said by governments anymore.

The shootings in the US have almost certainly been confirmed as terrorist with links to known terror cells. The latest bombing campaign ordered from the UK, ongoing problems and the past 15 years of free unchecked movement from the Middle East it will only be a matter of time befor Thailand and many other nations see acts of violence to their own and visiting citizens.Obvious places of course are Walkng Street, Bangla, Kao San, shopping malls, airports and the like.

I would like to see armed soldiers now at obvious areas of potential attack all over town. Including beaches. They have declared war against civilization. They're not kidding around. Would that depress tourists? Sure it would but the alternative is what? Waiting for the attacks?

I do not have any faith in the thai's concerning terrorism just look at the south! these syrians can run rampant all over the kingdom and the Thai's cannot do anything until the terrorist strike just look at BKK.

I just saw this reported on NHK (Japanese) tv which said the same thing but added that the targets were BOTH Russian and western tourists. I don't think anyone is particularly surprised by this.

Personally, I have little confidence that these terrorist forces can be well contained here. So how are we supposed to react to this?

Avoid Russians and their hangouts? smile.png

I'd advise doing that regardless.

They can track their entry, use the photos and plaster them all over the internet, tv... this should not be secret. The best intelligence is the public...use them.

Stop letting people into the country if they have a stamp from Syria or other high profile countries. The down side is, very easy to enter the country illegally.

The army should be marching around and checking and documenting every person that fits the profile of a terrorist. Make it so these people cannot walk around freely. Concentrate on the muslim areas, the stores, the restaurants. They stay somewhere, a safe house. Someone sees them everyday.

To all you PC fans, it's time to wake up.

unfortunately, with suicide bombers ANY place is a soft spot basically. if it happens in pattaya or phuket it will cause major damage to thailand but don't underestimate russian intelligence who are present in those places too.

The first 8 must be already identified, if they know their arrival dates and travel itinerary...

I would have guessed they were under surveillance to see who they're working with that's already here....

The strange thing is this "secret info" being released BEFORE all these terrorists are locked down??

Whatever they might have been plotting, they now have the time to change it... That's the Thai way to catch a suspect, tell him he has to turn himself in sad.png

Thailand is the perfect launching pad for Isis and others, heaps of poorly educated and angry muslims in the south to recruit.

Weak and impotent police and the in-ablity to make arrests and enforce laws.

Perfect place to launder monies through all of the cash reliant businesses and the islamic bank is a perfect vehicle to do it through

I'm suprised that there hasn't been any major attacks so far.

Define "perfect"?

I'm just thinking that Malaysia is a Muslim country, Indonesia is a Muslim country, the Philippines has a pre-existing Muslim terrorism network, so it seems Thailand is far from "perfect".

Also, I'm not sure how ISIS and Thai and Malaysian Muslims would mix. Both are Sunni, as is ISIS, but ISIS doesn't take too kindly to Sunnis that practice Sufism and have been hunting them down, arresting them, and killing them in Syria. Since Thai and Malaysian Muslims regularly practice Sufism, I'm not sure Thai Muslims would be able to ignore that.

Correct, although there is always the possibility that some local Muslims could be persuaded to declare allegiance to Deash as has already happened in Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines.

There are numerous hoaxes that float around, it will be interesting to see if Thai security confirm or deny the authenticity of the document.

Nowisee The army should be marching around and checking and documenting every person that fits the profile of a terrorist. Make it so these people cannot walk around freely. Concentrate on the muslim areas, the stores, the restaurants. They stay somewhere, a safe house. Someone sees them everyday. To all you PC fans, it's time to wake up.

To..... How totally typical Nowisee!!! . This is how all our governments are taking our rites away, with our blessings. It's you who needs to wake up.

To another poster above,,, there has also been shootings in America that have been proven to be false flags. Why false flags??? should be the question.

I'm a yank, but won't wear any shorts, shirts etc with US flag motif. Quickest way to indicate a person is Russian..... If crap happens, it happens. I am not going to live in fear. I'm too lazy for that

yeah, only Russians wear American Flags, Mostly

Again, they are not only after Russians. Is Paris in Russia? In Pattaya and Phuket they get Russians and westerners. You can't really step out in Pattaya and segregate yourself from Russians (or westerners).

It's hard to completely avoid the malls but I think it would be sensible to avoid large gatherings such as at festivals that attract mostly foreigners.

As far as the Russians ... so now Egypt is out. Turkey is out. So ISIS wants to make Pattaya out too?

Actually this is a top secret Interpol document, not supposed to be published in the press.

Now RTP is looking for someone who dared to steel this document and publish it.

This information is not intended for general public.

Another probability is that this is a fake document, just a hoax fabricated by someone.

Unacceptable ! No not the potential terrorist threat as we know there's no terrorism here and that's official but how dare the Russians make irresponsible comments that might affect tourism.

Standby for a certain lady to play down the story and produce figures to show that, as ever, tourist numbers are increasing.

Looks like the "leaked" document by the RTP is done to embarrass the NCPO. They are at each other recently and aggravating.

I'm a yank, but won't wear any shorts, shirts etc with US flag motif. Quickest way to indicate a person is Russian..... If crap happens, it happens. I am not going to live in fear. I'm too lazy for that

I'm from the States as well, but I've been mistaken for a Russian no less than five times since I arrived a year ago. No clue what makes me look Russian.

I'm not going to hide in my house, but I do think I'll avoid the tourist areas for a bit.

As others have commented: this is now a very different world ....what happened in Bali was before the damage to world peace inflicted by American bombing and occupation of Iraq had become apparent to all, including many of those in the US and UK who had earlier voted for war.

There are very few hiding-places left, even in such heavily armed police states as the USA.

I would like to see armed soldiers now at obvious areas of potential attack all over town. Including beaches. They have declared war against civilization. They're not kidding around. Would that depress tourists? Sure it would but the alternative is what? Waiting for the attacks?

My concern is that if ISIS is spotted the security guards would run away!

All this nonsense govt officials say about dont let ISIS affect how you live is pure PABLUM. I think about being hit everyday in THAILAND. Im relieved when i get back to my hotel at the end of the day.

Being ex military and having been warned about attacks and violence at on and off duty locations for decades, one should always scope things out and try to pay attention to your surroundings. Try and take a moment and have a look around and mentally get some idea of exits and "escape" routes. Entertainment places have always been potential targets. A crowded place such as Lucifer's disco comes to mind. Unfortunately, especially in Thailand and for various reasons, emergency and back door exits are often blocked or locked. Realistically the chances of being attacked are pretty small, but they do happen. Unfortunately, it just is not difficult for a nut to start shooting or blowing things up. Oh and walking around with one hand always holding the smartphone or whatever device, and being totally absorbed in that is just an accident looking for a place to happen, terrorist or not.

I was in one of the open air bars on Soi Buakhao Pattaya this year and saw a shifty looking geezer and thought to myself then that anything happening around that area would see a lot of westerners off!

Judging by recent topics, I guess some farang in the north of Thailand would have a smile on their faces!!

Anyway, there is no way they will find their 99 virgins in Pattaya (or however many it is) thumbsup.gif

"Anyway, there is no way they will find their 99 virgins in Pattaya (or however many it is) thumbsup.gif"

Personally, I just came back from a business trip to Heaven. St Peter told me they are completely out of Virgins and have a huge back order for them. Some 10000 Muslim Jihadist's are on a waiting list. They have refused to enter Heaven and insisted in being entertained in Thailand until their back order is filled.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that one day Thailand is going to be hit bigger than anyone expects.

The bombing at the Erawan Shrine was merely their way of saying 'look what we can do, easy as pie'.

When I think of places where there are hoards of people, Thai's and foreigners they could cause devastation that will bring the country to its knees.

Sure we can't stop it, maybe we shouldn't even worry about it, just accept it is going to happen and hope we're at home that particular night.

They won't be without support either, there are enough Muslim insurgents in the south happy to lend a hand.

...bring the country to its knees...

I bet TAT sees this different...

I think I'll be pretty safe in my 2000B a month room within walking distance from Big C and Central Plaza because, according to many "experts" on TVF, it's not possible for Farangs to live in such a small space.

Did I tell you guys my room has a wall-mounted "Bermuda" brand rotating fan with 3 speeds?

You can even make it oscillate back and forth, 555.

Yup, pretty safe here.

You odds for dying in a car accident are much higher than being killed by Syrian terrorists. So, instead ask this question: Should you avoid riding in cars, vans, etc.?

Riding a motorbike to work, crossing the street, swimming during monsoon, touching anything powered by electricity, pissing off a gun loving Thai person, hanging out with the wrong girl....the list goes on. We risk our lives everyday here, I don't think terrorists can make it that much more dangerous.

Let's not give them what the want - our fear.

The above are personal choices. Thats why i dont get a hoot about men and their bargirls..............hahahahaha.

Being attacked by ISIS isnt a choice.......not the same same.

IsIS doesnt want your fear they want you dead! You peopel sound like politicians.

I just saw this reported on NHK (Japanese) tv which said the same thing but added that the targets were BOTH Russian and western tourists. I don't think anyone is particularly surprised by this.

Personally, I have little confidence that these terrorist forces can be well contained here. So how are we supposed to react to this?

Here in Pattaya, pretty much the entire city is a soft target. But some potential targets are more obvious than others. How about a step up in actual security measures rather than the lame "security theater" of entry scanners on some doors at Central Pattaya Beach Mall?

Be friends with Thai Muslims, and keep smiling.

But but but, didn't the Thais say that there was no Isis in Thailand only a couple of weeks ago.

Of course they did!!

What do you want them to do? Tell everyone the place is riddled with em?!!

The report was leaked after all, it's not a newsfeed thumbsup.gif

But it was marked "secret". whistling.gif

That's my point CM, it was never meant to be public info, so they are not going to want to scare people out of the tourist spots? smile.png

Actually this document may be a fabricated hoax.

The authenticity of this document is highly questionable.

I will not be surprised if tomorrow the Royal Thai Police will publish a press release stating this document is a fake.

Archived