Public criticism of US ambassador worrying, says PM Prayut

webfact

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

northernjohn: Did you listen to his talk? I was there and heard every word spoken by the highly-intelligent well-experienced foreign service career officer. He was positive, diplomatic and respectful of the Thai people and government. Some ideals should not be compromised and thank goodness he did not compromise them.

Your wasting your time with using fact and reasoned argument here mate, there are a few posters on here who are firmly pro junta and anti democracy and refuse to hear anything that shows the error of their ways

northernjohn and others of his ilk would never watch the clip as their prejudice is so firmly entrenched they believes they know better than everyone else, you cannot reason with them or educate them you just have to treat what they say with the disdain it deserves

The modus operandi for many a prognosticator on TVF is to comment on their 'perception and bias' towards whats being said, you don't need to actually listen or read the details.....details just muddy the waters!

As the old newspaper saying goes; 'News too good to check'....seems quite apt for many a commentator on TVF

You know when it's not a hobby, but a job, can you really waste the time listening to other people's view point ?! I think not. Being an expat resident TV is just an interest, entertainment and news source, BUT for many others they have work to do thumbsup.gif

northernjohn: Did you listen to his talk? I was there and heard every word spoken by the highly-intelligent well-experienced foreign service career officer. He was positive, diplomatic and respectful of the Thai people and government. Some ideals should not be compromised and thank goodness he did not compromise them.

Dog 1, that is very well said. If a Thai understood his speech, they would respect his words and understand. The fact that there are coordinated protests now shows that the junta is leading a propaganda event. Nothing better than generating a common enemy.

" If he wishes to know anything related to Thailand, the government is ready to provide complete details". Arai wa? blink.png

Even the yanks don't provide complete details about anything so don't expect their student, Thailand, to do the same. coffee1.gif

I doubt that any government or anyone, gives complete details about all things. The US is not unique, which includes it being the target of envy, imagination or boredom.

As for Thailand being a student of the US, I've not seen the school yearbook that lists who is the teacher and who are the students. If it were indeed a student, it would be receiving failing grades.

which would mean you are failing.