New Car Title - who's name?

Manassas

My wife and I both have wills in this country and I also have a UK will. Also our UK Bank account is joint.

I also own our new car ... as someone said ... just in case have somewhere to sleep.☺

Get yourself one of these, with the optional walls, a 3G stick, a TV and some beers, and who needs a house?

4149326755f8fe3e2a7da263579384_0_0.jpg

tongue.png

It would be nice to send that Ford to whare I work in Oman to check if it can compete with the King of the desert.

The pick up belongs to one of the BP guys I work with.

post-1136-0-32781000-1449313661_thumb.jp

post-1136-0-20700200-1449313684_thumb.jp

My wife got a 35,000 baht discount on a new Isuzu. If I wanted it in my name, no discount. The truck's book is in her name. Since she has put up with me for over ten years, I doubt it is much of a risk.

That's the first time I've heard of something like that. Plus it does not make sense at all, unless it has something to do with finance?

I paid cash and the discount was because her uncle owned an Isuzu. I don't have any relatives here, thus no discount. She had to get a copy of his ID card and the vehicle's book.

For You.

No Discounts, No Tax rebates, No advantages for you,

If you wish to be a "Long term owner" of the vehicle, Put it in your name.

Advantages only for the person who's name is in the owners book.

I agree 100% but have always wondered if having it in a Thai name would help prevent the " farang deep pocket" flu in case of an accident

I have been told that insurance liability follows the vehicle's owner here so I wonder if that should be taken into consideration ?

My wife got a 35,000 baht discount on a new Isuzu. If I wanted it in my name, no discount. The truck's book is in her name. Since she has put up with me for over ten years, I doubt it is much of a risk.

That's the first time I've heard of something like that. Plus it does not make sense at all, unless it has something to do with finance?

I paid cash and the discount was because her uncle owned an Isuzu. I don't have any relatives here, thus no discount. She had to get a copy of his ID card and the vehicle's book.

Lol, so everybody in Thailand gets this discount.