I hope it is not just me

BrainLife

Fo me.. Thai Visa Forum still informative to read news, shared topics and some interesting stories of some farangs etc..

eventhought I read local news one BangkokPost and The Nation, but still a good mixture,,

A cocktail of siam farance, helpful when ask some questions and get replies from our community in here, sometimes laugh at some comments and relies, etc

I can say.. All in all TVF is yet enjoyable by a way or another..

I thought it was actually getting better.

Me too. Sometimes you can actually have a decent grown-up discussion for a few pages now without anyone spoiling it. I don't know whether the more disruptive elements left of their own accord or if the mods are to be thanked, but the place has definitely improved.

I'm still here.

I thought it was actually getting better.

Me too. Sometimes you can actually have a decent grown-up discussion for a few pages now without anyone spoiling it. I don't know whether the more disruptive elements left of their own accord or if the mods are to be thanked, but the place has definitely improved.

I'm still here.

Indeed. But you know how to disagree in a gentlemanly fashion.

It is a decent forum. I have made some good friends here. We disagree at times, but we still respect each other.

It wouldn't be much of a forum if we all agreed. As long as we're willing to accept that others have differing opinions, it's all part of the fun.

I have to whole heartedly disagree with that SB.

As do I! There are far too many kindergarten cry-baby "snitchers on this forum, who run crying (reporting) to the moderator, especially when exchanges get heated to the point, where the crybaby posters start stamping their feet, like 3 year-old toddlers. Where's the fun in academic debate, with that type of negative & childish nonsense, present on the forum?

Edited by TuskegeeBen

It is a decent forum. I have made some good friends here. We disagree at times, but we still respect each other.

It wouldn't be much of a forum if we all agreed. As long as we're willing to accept that others have differing opinions, it's all part of the fun.

I have to whole heartedly disagree with that SB.

As do I! There are far too many kindergarten cry-baby "snitchers on this forum, who run crying (reporting) to the moderator, especially when exchanges get heated to the point, where the crybaby posters start stamping their feet, like 3 year-old toddlers. Where's the fun in academic debate, with that type of negative & childish nonsense, present on the forum?

Post within the rules, and you won't need to cry about the mods.

But there are 'baiter's' who's whole aim is to 'bait'. I have been on here long enough to suss a few out. Some do get banned and come back with a new name and do exactly the same and get banned. Then they come back again and.............

I do know one who is a very sad individual, he just can't help dribbling on his keyboard. But, perhaps he has a very sad life so....

I find its best just to ignore them, even when they try and get a rise out of you.

Reply to post #45: Indeed! wai.gif Truer words could never be written, especially when coming from a perpetually present poster on this platform, who has a considered opinion on nearly every single OP topic thread presented, regardless of the topic content. Thanks for the "know-it-all" fyi advice, sir! Cheers~whistling.gif

Edited by TuskegeeBen

It's ironic that you would post that.

Why so?

It wouldn't be much of a forum if we all agreed. As long as we're willing to accept that others have differing opinions, it's all part of the fun

But there are 'baiter's' who's whole aim is to 'bait'. I have been on here long enough to suss a few out. Some do get banned and come back with a new name and do exactly the same and get banned. Then they come back again and.............

I do know one who is a very sad individual, he just can't help dribbling on his keyboard. But, perhaps he has a very sad life so....

I sometimes dribble on my keyboard so I bought one of these:

1PCS-Universal-Silicone-font-b-Computer-

Why so?
because in my opinion you are very dismissive to anyone who disagrees with you, and never admit to being wrong.

In threads about pattaya you claim to know things but by your own admission have never been to those places and are just using your imagination.

In the Bkk taxi thread you started you claimed you never had any issues but for every person that did you came up with an explanation on how it was isolated or the poster had done something wrong or different than you.

I don't post all that often and even so I have admitted that I misinterpreted someone's post or have admitted to being flat out wrong before. The overall tone of a significant portion of your posts give me the impression that you think you are the ultimate authority on thailand. That's my opinion and I am sure you view yourself completely differently.

Gotta go..I'm in Bkk now and got to grab a taxi.

Why so?
because in my opinion you are very dismissive to anyone who disagrees with you, and never admit to being wrong.

In threads about pattaya you claim to know things but by your own admission have never been to those places and are just using your imagination.

In the Bkk taxi thread you started you claimed you never had any issues but for every person that did you came up with an explanation on how it was isolated or the poster had done something wrong or different than you.

I don't post all that often and even so I have admitted that I misinterpreted someone's post or have admitted to being flat out wrong before. The overall tone of a significant portion of your posts give me the impression that you think you are the ultimate authority on thailand. That's my opinion and I am sure you view yourself completely differently.

Gotta go..I'm in Bkk now and got to grab a taxi.

I think you're pretty much entirely misrepresenting me there.

I've never claimed to know anything about Pattaya - I've never set foot in the place. I'd be interested to see an example of where you think I've claimed to know anything about it other than it's reputation.

The whole point of the thread I started about Bangkok taxis was to figure out why some people seem to suffer issues with them more than others, so yes, I tried to ascertain what the explanation for those issues might be - that was the whole idea. I never denied that the issues exist, or even claimed that I'd never come across them myself.

I'm no 'ultimate authority' on Thailand - just a guy who lives here and does his best to get his head around the place - again, I'd love to see you point to a post where I claim to be.

Fair enough, that's your opinion on me, but I think it's rather inaccurate and based on presumption and projection rather than anything I've actually posted. If you think otherwise, show us a few quotes that support your view of me.

Edited by SoiBiker

I think in general the forums are more interesting and civil now, compared to the year or more of explosive events leading up to May 2014. There were some vicious exchanges on here then, engaged in by people who were generally not stakeholders in the situation. (I plead guilty.) We just took sides and started flaming each other. 'Twas ugly.

There's a lot of valuable information on here every day, although sometimes you need to dive through layers of dreck to find it. At least I know that I will never find a "paywall" here, as has happened with almost all of my favorite "news" sources.