Switch internet provider or not?

naboo

I am with 3BB, have been since July 2013. Connection has generally been stable and they have, over time, increased the service from 7Mbps/0.5Mbps to 13Mbps/1Mbps. I've always been happy with their service, the occasional problem has been dealt with quickly, all the neighbours are now with 3BB and speed is still good, hitting 13Mbps download on my Linux updates from in country and downloading data from UK servers at around 4Mbps consistently.

Now Sinet are advertising in my Moo Baan, and they're offering for the same price, 25Mbps/8Mbps. I know service is going to vary from area to area, but in general, is it worth the gamble to switch suppliers when I have had such a good consistent service from 3BB? I could use the extra speed on download in a number of ways, but I know things aren't always greener on the other side.

What would other members do? Stick or twist?

Personally I'd probably take the risk and go for the change just for the extra upload speed but it sounds as though your 3BB setup works better than average. If you don't need to upload anything it's probably better to stick with 3BB.