Australian bikie believed to have fled from Thailand to Dubai

Jonathan Fairfield

Taking him into custody on the back of a motorbike with another cop sat behind him.

That is the most bizarre thing I've seen in awhile.

Did they feel as he was a biker they couldn't use a car in his arrest?

Cambodia is a very poor backwater country so its unlikely they can afford the luxury of police cars.

What concerned me the most was that woman sitting on a bike carrying a ladder !!!! That would be a lethal missile if the rider lost control at 30 kmh.

Asians really are a bunch of brainless idiots.

what about this one?

post-177712-0-62129600-1449379594_thumb.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What a story

I thought people with Serious Criminal convictions can not get a passport and travel?

Let alone then be let into a Country!

$5200 not bad coin a night staying in a villa lol

"Malkoun, himself a convicted drug trafficker, has been living in Dubai with his family since resigning as the president of the Comanchero bikie gang in 2013."

So he has returned home with police permission?

Hardly "fled" then.

Edited by Bluespunk

I think the headline is a bit misleading. If he is only a witness I can only assume he "fled" for one of two reasons: 1) he is fleeing before he gets implicated as an accomplice in the murder or 2) he is fleeing for fear he may be next on the list that Mr. Schneider was on.

The holiday party is over man!!! If my buddy was straight jacked and MURDERED from his own house where I happened to be a guest in...I would not be all mai pen rai TIT and pop down to walking street for some tail. I would get the fak outta dodge too.

Taking him into custody on the back of a motorbike with another cop sat behind him.

? An everyday ocurrence in Thailand

That video clip is from Cambodia isn't it?

The scum of the earth come and go from Thailand like flies on a pig's back. It is time there was a new visa classification "Temporary Criminal Visa" at a cost of 5000 thb. Six months single entry with reporting to Immigration every month. If urgent departure is required prior to expiry date then 1 million thb "Early Exit Fee" is paid at Immigration departure.

Huh??? That is pretty much the way it seems to be operating already, probably right down to the "emergency departure tax."

Ya ya I am American so sorry but it's true 'bikie' on their little trikie because me likey likey sounds pretty damn gay or childish. My dad is a BIKER. HIs brother is a BIKER and member of the Sons Of Silence and had some weird murder rap (he got off of) that ostracized him from the family...I just can't imagine saying bikie to my uncle or dad without getting laughed at.

Two comments. 1) He didn't put a lot of thought or effort into his disguise assuming he was trying to hide after somehow getting past the border immigration entry point. 2) Amad Jay Malkoun was also a convicted large-scale heroin trafficker? And just exactly how did he get a visa approved to go to Thailand? Not much checking done it would seem. I find this interesting because I love to watch the Australian TV show about border wars and they routinely refuse people entry at the airport even though the people declared past convictions on their E-visas. Seems kind of rude to allow the people to fly all the way to Australia then be refused!

Said already so many times here already.......you don't need a visa to go to Thailand Its given on arrival

I dont know why you watch the Oz TV border wars, because you obviously don't understand it---

People who have gone to Australia have been granted a visa (before they left--maybe for a holiday) ---then on arrival they may be questioned & found to be carrying no funds for the time they are spending there--obviously they were intending to work etc....so are sent back.

Or he's gone home to be with his family?

Could very well be the case. And if so, journos should have said he "left" and not "fled."

Wonder how much money he 'left' to be allowed to leave (or 'good relations' with some uniformed and/or influential people?)...

No Shocks there. Just read the history of the Mumbai Mafia.Who are Muslim in origin! The top man was living in Bangkok. But his rivals found him, and shot him. But he escaped and ended up in hospital in Bangkok. The indian government wanted him for terrorism. But a certain Thai Major General. Was paid 25 million baht. and he walked out! Thailand has been a haven for criminals for decades.

According to the BK post the Thai police said he co operated with them and he was asleep during the abduction even though there was a pool of blood and spent cartrdge cases in the house.

One can only summize that whoever let this man go needs to be put on inactive duty while an enquiry is undertaken.

This was Australias biggest heroin trafficker busted in 1989 a notorious criminal that was supposed to be sleeping soundly while a murder abduction took place in the same house.

Heads should be rolling here.

" I was asleep and know nothing" ....bullet casings all over the crime scene would suggest that sleep may have been difficult.

He has gone to Dubai where he maintains close ties with members of the ruling family ( based on a mutual interest in horses according to BP), although Dubai is well aware of his criminality.

Exactly the kind of human garbage Australia can do without , so one hopes the Dubai stay is permanent

White horse?

That video clip is from Cambodia isn't it?

Well, I was commenting on the fact that this mode of operation was "the most bizarre thing you had seen in a while".: it is quite a common mode of transportation of the persons apprehended by the Polce in Thailand, and, although I do not live in Cambodia, I have visited that country a few times, I had the opportunity to witness the same "pattern".

I admit I would be somehow surprised to see that happening in Singapore but in Sr Lanka, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand ... It Is a common sight, which I definitely do not find bizarre given the fact that the officers want to make the arrest and bring the alleged culprit to their station ASAP

If Bagnato and his cronies got the cash schnauzer was meant to be in possession of then those fellas might still be able to buy their way out of a long prison sentence. Probably be out in a year or 2 once everything quietens down.

It is understood that Malkoun is a close associate of a member of the Gulf state's royal family who has allowed him to stay in the United Arab Emirates despite his extensive criminal history and organised crime connections.

Excruciating English apart, could the word "despite" possibly be a misprint for "because of"?

.... the Australian TV show about border wars and they routinely refuse people entry at the airport even though the people declared past convictions on their E-visas. Seems kind of rude to allow the people to fly all the way to Australia then be refused!

Yep, so bloody rude or do you suggest we allow them entry.

A visa does not guarantee entry into many countries, but when questions have been asked and answered truthfully, and a visa has then been issued, those same answers should no longer be grounds for refusal of entry. I suggest Australia and all other countries honor their word, once given.

Most Aussies are stupid???

No question about it, I would get the hell out of dodge, too

And it is a a common occurrence to flee a juristicance.....always has been... Thaksin and the heir to the red bull fortune, spring to mind...Outlaws from the Wild West

Imho, fleeing is the smart move, and I very much doubt that Thailand has a functioning witness protection system

But more specifically, the occurance of suicides, found dangling with their hand tied behind their back is staggering

Or balcony jumpers... Both are always a conspiracy theory for TV readers

And do we not remember the guy who kept his ex in a wheelie bin for a couple of years....Now that was stupid

Or the guy that dumped.a girls body in a suitcase... His suitcase.... Now that' was stupid

The smart thing to do is flee, wether guilty or not, because the truth rarely count, as guilt or innocence rarely count in the land of scams ( LOS) Look to the alleged rapists of the poor English girl, as an example

he man obviously knew the system here, or was given sound advise

That said, out of the country is a good thing... Wish all the baddies did the same... And Dubai... Well that's hell on earth anyway, so a convenient detour if he was involved

.... the Australian TV show about border wars and they routinely refuse people entry at the airport even though the people declared past convictions on their E-visas. Seems kind of rude to allow the people to fly all the way to Australia then be refused!

Yep, so bloody rude or do you suggest we allow them entry.

A visa does not guarantee entry into many countries, but when questions have been asked and answered truthfully, and a visa has then been issued, those same answers should no longer be grounds for refusal of entry. I suggest Australia and all other countries honor their word, once given.

Idiotic and incredibly naive.

What a story

I thought people with Serious Criminal convictions can not get a passport and travel?

Let alone then be let into a Country!

Malkoun claimed he slept through the violent kidnapping of Schneider on November 30 at the A$5200 a month villa he was sharing with the dead Australian.

It's only money anyway.

For all the crap that gets put on Thai cops, they certainly dont have any trouble carting away these so called bad ass D'heads.

What happened to going down fighting,or taking a few coppers down with them aka "bikie" style?

Here they just casually march em away on a scooter and its done

tough guys haha

'Bikie' - for the Australians out there - is this term used by grown men? It sounds infantile - pathetically so. Like My Little Pony for adults... Same goes for 'pollies' and any other stupid nickname. laugh.png What do you call criminals - crimmies... laugh.pnglaugh.png Just kidding.

Thailand immigration and RTP should both be recognized for their utmost incompetence - an absolute monumental <deleted> up!

First they let this infamous criminal in, then let him out again after being involved in a murder kidnapping. Today they are trying to find any Syrians lurking about... Why are these people even in the country?

Just what do they do all day? Immigration push around mountains of paperwork and hassle (hustle) law abiding people. Maybe there should be a bounty reward offered for catching visa offenders, see how effective they become.

Perhaps they should send some RTP officers to Cambodia for basic police training?

'Bikie' - for the Australians out there - is this term used by grown men? It sounds infantile - pathetically so. Like My Little Pony for adults... Same goes for 'pollies' and any other stupid nickname. laugh.png What do you call criminals - crimmies... laugh.pnglaugh.png Just kidding.

Thailand immigration and RTP should both be recognized for their utmost incompetence - an absolute monumental <deleted> up!

First they let this infamous criminal in, then let him out again after being involved in a murder kidnapping. Today they are trying to find any Syrians lurking about... Why are these people even in the country?

Just what do they do all day? Immigration push around mountains of paperwork and hassle (hustle) law abiding people. Maybe there should be a bounty reward offered for catching visa offenders, see how effective they become.

Perhaps they should send some RTP officers to Cambodia for basic police training?

Feel free to post contact details and you can discuss it with your local Hells Angels, Bandidos or Rebels that I've seen knocking around Thailand of late. I'm sure they'll be interested with your point of view ??