Please help guys, Roi Et to Koh Samui

Scouse123

Gents,

Quickie,

I want to get to Samui and am aware that I must get to Bangkok from Isaarn.

However, what is the situation going via Surat Thani as opposed to flying directly into Samui which is overpriced to say the least.

Is it a nightmare to get there from Surat Thani of just bite the bullet and fly direct?

Advice appreciated.

It all depends on how you value your time. Fly direct and it is quite expensive. Fly via Surat and it is cheaper but you have to take into account transfers, ferry and another transfer to your final destination and the best part of your day is gone.

Details HERE for the cheaper route.

Air Asia and Nok Air have fly/ferry service to Samui via Surat Thani.

Was trying to find this on the NOK site recently. FYI, when you put in destination, many cities pop up, but look to the column to the right. It lists the ride / ferry cities.

Seek and ye shall find.

get the yellowbus or the bell bus from roi et to bkk. from bkk get a cheap flight via www.skyscanner.com for around 3000 thb. under no circumstances even attempt to get a minibus from bkk to samui ...ever !!!

the bigger coaches are decent enough with vibrating fold back comfortable spacess seats. yellowbus have a website you,ll need to google it. here is bell bus website - https://www.belltravelservice.com from bkk i think bus leaves around 12am midnight and it takes around 12 hours

if for me, i will allways fly for 3000 thb, the bus cost plus the ferry cost to island plus the 12 hours journey is just not worth it. get a flight. though i do enjoy going with the car so i,ll usually leave udon thani, stay in bkk a night , then another night in hau hin then ill leave hau hin at night to get to samui in morning.

My god, is that true as I was en route to look at two or three places down there. I must admit it's years since I was there but had a great time and have fond memories. No idea, it had turned into a dump??? Maybe explains why so many places still for sale. They normally dry up in high season and flood the market in low season.