Trading advice

Mods, to the rescue please!

1. The original post is absurd, to be asking for detailed investing advice from a random crowd on a public forum.

2. The link in the second post does not go to the address partially shown in the link text. It looks like bait.

3. The email address may be self-promotion.

It can only go downhill from here.

Mods, to the rescue please!

1. The original post is absurd, to be asking for detailed investing advice from a random crowd on a public forum.

2. The link in the second post does not go to the address partially shown in the link text. It looks like bait.

3. The email address may be self-promotion.

It can only go downhill from here.

I checked the URL and its legit

Don't trade. The idea that there's money to be made is absurd. The world only rewards people who are doing something valuable, and which others can't do. Any biff can be fooled by randomness. If you take enough idiots some will - accidentally - do okay. This doesn't mean that their "success" is a product of their prior research. It's all nonsense. Professionals, who have maths degrees and spend all day doing it, don't beat the market. Don't kid yourself. If Interactive Brokers (or anyone else) wants to invest money facilitating your trading why don't they take that capital and trade themselves? Why are they the "house"?

It's all nonsense. If you haven't got the dough to invest long-term don't invest, or trade, just save.

Don't trade. The idea that there's money to be made is absurd. The world only rewards people who are doing something valuable, and which others can't do. Any biff can be fooled by randomness. If you take enough idiots some will - accidentally - do okay. This doesn't mean that their "success" is a product of their prior research. It's all nonsense. Professionals, who have maths degrees and spend all day doing it, don't beat the market. Don't kid yourself. If Interactive Brokers (or anyone else) wants to invest money facilitating your trading why don't they take that capital and trade themselves? Why are they the "house"?

It's all nonsense. If you haven't got the dough to invest long-term don't invest, or trade, just save.

What a crock!

Professionals without

maths degrees beat the

market day in and day

out. OP, don't listen to

people telling you

'you can't' when they

don't even know you or

your background.

the question of which stock only makes sense for day trading, for investing it's a pretty wide open topic! for day trading of course you need volatility so you pick whatever is quickly moving to a major new high or low and then generally trade in the opposite direction. as for a broker, the biggest retail one here is Maybank Kimeng and I like them as they provide quite a few tools for retail traders to use. they also provide something rather unique, it's Order Matching but it's only available after the close. it kind of makes sense as a tool for some purposes, as it gives you what the other broker was on every trade a Maybank customer made and since Maybank is the biggest, that is a pretty good sample of all the trades for many stocks. I'll give you something else, if you can follow it along.. get the 3 books written recently by Al Brooks, it's called Prcie Action trading and they are difficult reads, but when the SET is volatile and if you can develop the nerves of steel required, try using it to trade DW warrants.

What a crock!

Professionals without

maths degrees beat the

market day in and day

out. OP, don't listen to

people telling you

'you can't' when they

don't even know you or

your background.

Almost all traders lose money, and the ones that don't either i) have got lucky in the short term, and will lose eventually, or ii) are ramping shares on the web and then dumping them on suckers or iii) have some real insight, in which case they wouldn't be day traders.

Think about it. If you're making money a stake isn't that difficult to obtain, and trading itself should quickly produce the stake. Real insight means you don't have to punt nonsense advice on the web. The handful who can make real money aren't hustling for chump change. Besides, most of the hedge funds lose money. Warren Buffett has his ex-wife's dough in a tracker fund.

Read Saul Bellow's Seize the Day. It'll tell you everything you need about trading.

I'll assume this is a serious post. There are many things to consider when investing:

-length of investment

-risk tolerance

-investment goals (income, growth, etc)

-time committment

-investing vs. trading

and more.

You cannot get a valuable answer with your vague request for info. I'm not trying to bash you but so much more needs to be known before someone can answer. Given how vague it is, I'm guessing you have limited experience in this area. Some people prefer financial advisors, they're not my thing but I have experience in many investing and trading domains.

You can also partner with other(s) or even start an investment group. There are many variations of this too.

Plus, as is mentioned here, you don't know the experience of people here.