Phuket beach mayor falls silent on demolitions

webfact

Phuket beach mayor falls silent on demolitions
The Phuket News

1449475492_1-org.jpg
Ma-Ann Samran, chief of the Cherng Talay Tambon Administration Organisation (OrBorTor), this morning had no answers about the impending beachfront business demolitions at Surin Beach. Photo: The Phuket News

PHUKET: -- MaAnn Samran, chief of the Cherng Talay Tambon Administration Organisation (OrBorTor), this morning was a man of few answers as the New Year’s Day deadline for demolition of beachfront businesses at Surin Beach lurks ever closer.

With little more than three weeks to go until the military-backed demolition is slated to begin, Mr MaAnn today (Dec 7) could not even confirm which businesses would be demolished, or when – despite Cherng Talay OrBorTor reportedly owning 20 of the buildings to be demolished.

The New Year’s demolition was announced by Phuket Vice Governor Chokdee Armornwat, citing that a total of 36 businesses were targeted for demolition, at a meeting on Tuesday (Dec 1). (See story here.)

Yet Mr MaAnn today told The Phuket News, “I cannot confirm any details yet. I have to wait until my next meeting with V/Gov Chokdee. I cannot say anything more.”

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-beach-mayor-falls-silent-on-demolitions-55300.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-12-07

What does he care ...

1) he is retiring

2) he beat the 10 million baht law suit

3) he will screw all the money he can out of the beach business before he leaves.

Now where was that news report about anti-corruption. Pure BS

Edit/// forget to say that I expect he will be promoted as he is such a good money earner for the higher ups ...

Edited by LivinginKata