How much is it if I want to get a maid once a week?

P4K

A longing to return to days gone by. A bar fine was 100 baht and the girl was happy to get 500. She would in addition clean your apartment, wash your clothes, and cook for you. Can't even get one to make the bed now. I pay a housekeeper who has a 13 year old son to help.with the grass and flowers and shrubs.the grand sum of 10,000 a month. They come every day for 4 hours and do a very good job. No complaints so far.

Chicowoodduck , if that is in fact your real name, I said three hundred and twenty five sq. mt. Are you living in a cardboard box by the roadside?

It's the safest place in Thailand!

According to many "experts" here, it's either impossible to live in a space that small or the walls are made of corrugated paper products.

No glory, no worries.

Edited by SiSePuede419

We have a house maid who comes in three times a week. we pay her Baht 600 / day and she does the washing, ironing, cleaning. She has been with us for a few years now and is excellent.

I wouldnt offer anything less than Baht 500 a day. If you wwanted cooking included then pay more

About 400B per day.....

If you can find one who just wants only a day and willing to travel........a rare breed now and most people with good maids hang on to them like gold dust.

Very true. We looked in to getting one and she wanted 800 for each time she came and minimum 2 times a week. Total 6,400 baht a month which is probably close to what the OP is paying in rent.

Be careful with maids, the last 12 months ive hired about 6 different ones.... all of them absolutely awful... The place was cleaner before they came, they hide upstairs on their phones then come down after 2 hours pretending they finished when nothing was done... I had one that turned up with her friend, and then asked me to pay her double, i refused so then they were both angry and did the worse job ever, so i lost my temper and complained... they then said fine we will never come back to work for you again LOL.... thank god for that i replied...
Finding a good maid is not easy.... and lock your valuables up - everything!!!!

The best maid i have had cleans very well and i got her back last week and paid her 600 baht, but she is only available once a month... but she cleans fast and thorough... the floors are squeaky clean afterwards and i have no dust allergies... You don't need to tell her twice, but she kept breaking things... over the years she has broken just about everything... garage doors, washing machines, cookers, you name it she broke it... but she cleans good...

Thailand is a sacrifice to find anything good here...

I think you should just do it yourself. I really can't see any reason to hire someone.

-font-b-Maid-b-font-Lingerie-Women-Sexy-

A real cutie of a maid!

But could she actually CLEAN?

Silly question really - it wouldn't matter would it!

I wouldn't trust her with my laundry - just look how her clothes have shrunk in the wash.

Agreed...ladies that are already on site..pay them cash direct. I think a uni girl would do it for 100 per hour..easily. I can't figure out why so many tend to inflate the wages of the locals. Hotel Maids are making closer to 50 per hour.

What drugs are you on? University kids cleaning houses? Get real. I can't think of a single college student I know (4 of the wife's cousins, neighbors kids, etc.) who would clean a house! In fact they don't know how. None of the wife's cousins have ever cleaned a house in their lives or ever cooked a meal - ever. We used to wonder why so many knives and forks, spoons, etc. were always missing. We finally figured out that one cousin would toss them in the trash rather than wash them! All they know is how to surf the net, play facebook, and listen to music with those ear buds in. It's amazing they get any homework done. Get real, you are talking about a past generation.

Who is "inflating wages of locals"? That is what they make (housekeepers that several clients). You won't get maids at hotels coming to your house. I don't know what "on-site" means. Our last housekeeper earned close to 30K per month. She did 2 houses per day as well as taking care of a few kids of her clients. Our current housekeeper is much lazier than the last and doesn't work as hard but she is doing pretty well as far as I can tell.

That's more than double the minimum wage. Why don't you count the other posters who say it's less than 100 per hour. "On-site" means the women sitting on their rumps in the lobby, who are on the payroll of the building. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/on-site Sorry for the difficult words.....the short-bus students couldn't understand me, either.

Agreed...ladies that are already on site..pay them cash direct. I think a uni girl would do it for 100 per hour..easily. I can't figure out why so many tend to inflate the wages of the locals. Hotel Maids are making closer to 50 per hour.

What drugs are you on? University kids cleaning houses? Get real. I can't think of a single college student I know (4 of the wife's cousins, neighbors kids, etc.) who would clean a house! In fact they don't know how. None of the wife's cousins have ever cleaned a house in their lives or ever cooked a meal - ever. We used to wonder why so many knives and forks, spoons, etc. were always missing. We finally figured out that one cousin would toss them in the trash rather than wash them! All they know is how to surf the net, play facebook, and listen to music with those ear buds in. It's amazing they get any homework done. Get real, you are talking about a past generation.

Who is "inflating wages of locals"? That is what they make (housekeepers that several clients). You won't get maids at hotels coming to your house. I don't know what "on-site" means. Our last housekeeper earned close to 30K per month. She did 2 houses per day as well as taking care of a few kids of her clients. Our current housekeeper is much lazier than the last and doesn't work as hard but she is doing pretty well as far as I can tell.

That's more than double the minimum wage. Why don't you count the other posters who say it's less than 100 per hour. "On-site" means the women sitting on their rumps in the lobby, who are on the payroll of the building. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/on-site Sorry for the difficult words.....the short-bus students couldn't understand me, either.

What does the minimum wage have to do with anything? Lobby? Payroll of the building??? What are you talking about?

I visit frequently Bangkok and I always live in condos one month or two at a time. Last time I asked one of the cleaning ladies of the corridors if she had time for me and she said at 5 o'clock when she finishes work. For a two bedroom two bathroom apartment 65 sqm, she said she and her colleague will do it for 800. I had to agree because I was leaving the same evening.

I think, for regular employment (once a week for example) she would have made a less extravagant demand. My advise, approach the condo cleaners and negotiate.

I visit frequently Bangkok and I always live in condos one month or two at a time. Last time I asked one of the cleaning ladies of the corridors if she had time for me and she said at 5 o'clock when she finishes work. For a two bedroom two bathroom apartment 65 sqm, she said she and her colleague will do it for 800. I had to agree because I was leaving the same evening.

I think, for regular employment (once a week for example) she would have made a less extravagant demand. My advise, approach the condo cleaners and negotiate.

2 bedroom 2 bathroom living room balcony in 65M2 how fid you turn around

2 bedroom 2 bathroom living room balcony in 65M2 how fid you turn around

You can find 50 sqm with 2 bedroom/bathrooms. Just look at any realtor agency in Thailand. DDproperty, for example.

One room 9, second 15, kitchen living room 30, two bathrooms 8-10 sqm. This or similar is a frequent occurrence in Thailand. You obviously are just an occasional visitor staying in hotels..

2 rooms, about 70sqm in total. Twice a week. Takes as long as she needs. Windows once a month. Laundry is take out to laundry and bring back last lot. Check and hang. If not satisfied with ironing or washing... Takes it back and causes hell. Fan dismantled and cleaned every fortnight. Bed made to hotel standard. 4000 per month. Every month even if she has a holiday. Loyal as hell. Just like my last one was in Phuket. Get 3- 4 star hotel trained. Makes a real difference.

Chicowoodduck , if that is in fact your real name, I said three hundred and twenty five sq. mt. Are you living in a cardboard box by the roadside?

It's the safest place in Thailand!

According to many "experts" here, it's either impossible to live in a space that small or the walls are made of corrugated paper products.

No glory, no worries.

Love it!! Great post!

I have my Grot dug out once a week, by 2 of the Ladies who clean the Condo.

B200 is what I leave for them and I doubt they spend more than 15 mins sorting out my mess.

john

The cleaners in my condo block will sweep, dust, mop once a week for 500 baht a month. They do it during normal work hours, probably spend no more than 30 minutes a time.....so that's 500 baht for 2 hours work per condo each month, on top of their normal " minimum wage" pay of 300 baht for a 10 hour day.

(They also sort through the rubbish for saleable recyclables and make money there too )

Laundry would be best just sent to your local laundry....40?? Baht/ kilo ?

300 baht for 1 day. You can decide what she needs to do, i.e. Cleaning, laundry, ironing,

these days 500 baht would be the fair rate paying 300 baht is the keeniow rate and don't expect good service and I'm sure you can afford more than 10US for a WHOLE day? cummon be fair

300 baht for 1 day. You can decide what she needs to do, i.e. Cleaning, laundry, ironing,

these days 500 baht would be the fair rate paying 300 baht is the keeniow rate and don't expect good service and I'm sure you can afford more than 10US for a WHOLE day? cummon be fair

I pay 300 baht per day and the lady does a great job. No need to pay more. 300 is a good rate.

I think you should just do it yourself. I really can't see any reason to hire someone.

-font-b-Maid-b-font-Lingerie-Women-Sexy-

A real cutie of a maid!

But could she actually CLEAN?

Silly question really - it wouldn't matter would it!

Don't know if she is any good at cleaning, but I bet she could polish a rocket very well!!