Good service from any company?

AyG

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm

Coffee spilt on my tray and not wiped. When i drink it comes on me, i call the lady ....

Buying in 7, lady doesnt give me small stamps because im farang, want to keep for herself ofc. I complain and tell her she forgot my stamps.

Going Big C. Buying some juice on sales. Price is different on receipt. I complain.

This is just some i remember quickly. Every time my Thai girfriend bow down her head in shame. Even if i was right all times she still doesnt understand that you as customer have right to complain.

7/11 doesn't give you small stamps? Buying some juice on sales? Did you come to Thailand to take a break from giving lessons to Scrooge McDuck?

So you are telling me you never buy something on sale? Well then you are just another liar haha. In your mindset its ok for a Thai national to buy on sales and get discounts. But me as foreigner cant? Listen i really dont know why i am quoting this stupid answer from you. Clearly you needed to air yourself from something but dont do it here. sigh Button, damn it

And no block stupid user button damn it...

One thing you could shop for is a humour transplant.....don't know if you can get them on special, though.

Edited by bazza40

They all are mediocre, even working on a 20 million baht condo or house, it's hopeless !

Ah, I see your problem. You think that paying a lot of money is going to insure good work, good quality materials, good service. 55555.

I've had great service from 3BB Broadband internet here in Nakhon Sawan.

Obviously, your experiences have been different from mine.

There is no question that highly skilled workers in the building trades exist in Thailand. That fact is self-evident from the many fine examples of traditional Thai houses, to the ostentatious mansions of the newly rich.

The complaints of so many farangs that they are unable to hire competent workmen are perennial.

Problems for newcomers can be overcome by learning from the experience of those who have lived here long enough to understand how things are done.

You can indeed get good and capable people to work for you, but there's a right way, a wrong way, and a Thai way to go about it.

If you don't listen to the advice of farangs who have been here a while, you will get lessons from Thais that you won't forget anytime soon.

The ostentatious mansions look good from afar, but when you get close you see all the imperfections and often they are numerous. Botched paint jobs, unhermetic window frames, various things such as light switches and power outlets that are not level, ceiling cornices that aren't straight, tiles not at exactly the same height, walls not at a straight angle, corroded screws that then leak rust on any wall below, etc.

Come to Switzerland or Germany and look at newer (built in the last 20 years) high quality constructions there. Even people from France or UK are amazed.

The McMansions built in the US are no better than most of the upmarket residential construction projects here.

I don't know about Switzerland and Germany... the new buildings there are probably better than either the US or Thailand.

Most of the posts on this thread sound like they are from farangs who keep making the same mistakes over and over again.

Edited by DeaconJohn

Welcome to Thailand. If you make to much of things in Thailand, people will just tell you to go back to your home. People don't want to change, most people who are employed in this country in service jobs are not Thai, they are from another country, Burma, vietnamese , or cambodian , Loas. You can't get quality people for 300 baht a day. So you get what you pay for. Intil you raise the wages & spend the time training people nothing will change.

Apart from stupidly losing the rights to the Premier League, Truevisions provide an efficient service with good customer support in English.

Cancelled my contract with them a month or so ago. Haven't watched their programming for 3 or 4 years. The box was just gathering dust. Far too many repeats, long after broadcast in the original countries. Frequent, pointless renumbering of channels.

Even with removing the dish, they failed to turn up on the appointed day.

A few years ago my box broke. They didn't come to pick it up. I had to go quite a long way to the local service centre to get a replacement. They didn't mention I also had to bring the handset (which wasn't broken). So, that was two round trips.

And have you tried to use the TV schedule on their website? I haven't used it recently, but for years it was completely unusable.

So, not even close to good service in my opinion.

You have not watched for 3 to 4 years and yet you only just cancel your contract, also how did you know the box was broke if you have not watched ?

As for good service my most recent was getting a replacement number plate for the car, I lodged the paperwork about 2 months ago and still not received the numberplate..... annoys me not end when the police keep giving me tickets for the missing plate.

The transport office should have stamped your papers saying the plates will arrive within 90 days - did you ask after your first pull over?

Apart from stupidly losing the rights to the Premier League, Truevisions provide an efficient service with good customer support in English.

Cancelled my contract with them a month or so ago. Haven't watched their programming for 3 or 4 years. The box was just gathering dust. Far too many repeats, long after broadcast in the original countries. Frequent, pointless renumbering of channels.

Even with removing the dish, they failed to turn up on the appointed day.

A few years ago my box broke. They didn't come to pick it up. I had to go quite a long way to the local service centre to get a replacement. They didn't mention I also had to bring the handset (which wasn't broken). So, that was two round trips.

And have you tried to use the TV schedule on their website? I haven't used it recently, but for years it was completely unusable.

So, not even close to good service in my opinion.

You have not watched for 3 to 4 years and yet you only just cancel your contract, also how did you know the box was broke if you have not watched ?

As for good service my most recent was getting a replacement number plate for the car, I lodged the paperwork about 2 months ago and still not received the numberplate..... annoys me not end when the police keep giving me tickets for the missing plate.

The transport office should have stamped your papers saying the plates will arrive within 90 days - did you ask after your first pull over?

Those "papers" would be with the finance company, they did mention it would take up to 90 days.

I did mention this to the policeman the first time round but suddenly he could speak no english, which he said in english with a smile. the next 2 times they say nothing at all (nor will answer my questions) other than asking for my licence then writing up the ticket and rudely and throwing it into the open window then walk away.

I guess I should ask the finance company for a copy of the paperwork.

One of the company s here with the most complaints is The Major Auto Company.I know of Expats and Thais buying high dollar cars from there and treated with disdain afterword when it comes to service or repairs.

That major auto company treats its customer the same world over.

The new buildings in Germany are usually crap.

I said high quality ones...

There are high and low quality buildings everywhere.

Some of the best I've ever seen are the traditional style Thai teak houses in the north.

Very few being built now due to the cost of new teak lumber, but it's still possible to buy old houses and salvage the wood.

My wife - acting as her own contractor - bought two old teak houses outside Chiang Mai; got three local carpenters to dismantle them and built a traditional Thai style house in Saraphi that we use as a weekend retreat.

To say that you can't get good craftsmen here is ridiculous.

Do what Thais do, just let it go ......

And thats the reason service is so bad. They dont/are afraid to complain. This face thing causes thais to put up with all kinds of problems instead of complaining.

Constructive criticism is unheard of.

Err, no. Not all of them.

I once participated in an academic workshop in a luxury hotel near Cha Am. We were only a couple of westerners invited, all others mostly Thais and a few other Asians. The dinner was supposed to the festive event and indeed, it wasn't bad. Well, sure, they were a few glitches: food not prepared as well as expected or being served a bit late, incorrect drinks brought etc. Both us "farangs" were quite ready to put up with this given the relaxed atmosphere. However, much to my surprise the organizer of the workshop, a Thai lady professor in the university, started complaining very loudly, calling the waiters and telling them things that I could not catch but that made them instantly sweat, turn red faced and flee walking backwards, bent and mumbling apologies. After a while a manager of the hotel came and he was almost insulted in front of us.

Quite an embarrassment. Probably not typical thai reaction I concur, but in several occasions in restaurants I've seen Thais being very aggressive to waiters when things aren't up to their expectations.

The Thai academics I've worked with can be a very special breed. While some can be quite open and humble, there's a 'type' that walks around with huge egos thinking that they are better than the 'common man' and they don't mind showing it. I suspect they were born into hi-so families so that landing a job in academia inflates the ego and sense of entitlement to near breaking point. [ironically, the more humble academics are the ones I have found to be more capable, leading me to wonder if there's some sort of psychological compensation going on with the 'blowhard types'].

Brought a Canadian friend to hospital in Kanchanaburi for a fractured hip a few weeks ago, and I have to say we were extremely impressed with the service from the doctors, X-Ray staff, nurses, etc. Every single person was helpful and attentive to the limits of their English. And we were astounded how cheap the whole thing ended up being (consultations, X-rays, crutches, medication). Yeah the hospital itself didn't look as 'shiny' as one back home, but my friend thought it was about as positive experience as one could have in a hospital under the circumstances.

Oh yeah, the beds were hilariously too short for him... and he's only 6'1"

Most people just don't care. the sooner you know the easier it get's How you make a indifferent person care. ? Haven't found that one yet.

For the rest they don't know. If good enough is all you got so far. How you feel commited to give more.?

Driving my big bike and knowing it is Thai who assembled it, it makes me check my bike all around,myself, at least 3 times a month .

Have not found a product, Brand name or no brand name, yet , that lasts the normal expected period of time.

Good luck with that

Edited by BuriramDevelopers

And thats the reason service is so bad. They dont/are afraid to complain. This face thing causes thais to put up with all kinds of problems instead of complaining.

Agree. If you complain I will kill you. Simple!!!!!

Err, no. Not all of them.

I once participated in an academic workshop in a luxury hotel near Cha Am. We were only a couple of westerners invited, all others mostly Thais and a few other Asians. The dinner was supposed to the festive event and indeed, it wasn't bad. Well, sure, they were a few glitches: food not prepared as well as expected or being served a bit late, incorrect drinks brought etc. Both us "farangs" were quite ready to put up with this given the relaxed atmosphere. However, much to my surprise the organizer of the workshop, a Thai lady professor in the university, started complaining very loudly, calling the waiters and telling them things that I could not catch but that made them instantly sweat, turn red faced and flee walking backwards, bent and mumbling apologies. After a while a manager of the hotel came and he was almost insulted in front of us.

Quite an embarrassment. Probably not typical thai reaction I concur, but in several occasions in restaurants I've seen Thais being very aggressive to waiters when things aren't up to their expectations.

The Thai academics I've worked with can be a very special breed. While some can be quite open and humble, there's a 'type' that walks around with huge egos thinking that they are better than the 'common man' and they don't mind showing it. I suspect they were born into hi-so families so that landing a job in academia inflates the ego and sense of entitlement to near breaking point. [ironically, the more humble academics are the ones I have found to be more capable, leading me to wonder if there's some sort of psychological compensation going on with the 'blowhard types'].

Maybe the nerds envy the working class for their physical power?

I've had both good and bad experiences here in Phuket.

I'll focus on the positive:

- Local kitchen design/install company in Phuket Town (western-owned). Excellent installation job and follow-up service years later. Installers knew what they were doing, had the correct tools and cleaned up after themselves.

- Local curtain company in Phuket Town (Thai-owned). Quick service for making the curtains, and very professional installation all at a very reasonable price. Installers (about 4) each knew his job, had top of the line tools and cleaned up after themselves.

- TrueVisions. After suffering through a period of degraded satellite service, we finally called the service hotline where the rep walked us through the procedure for measuring signal strength. Scheduled a service appointment for a couple of days later with a 2-3 hour window of time, along with a work order number. Techs showed up on time, with proper tools, and replaced the dish (no charge). Cleaned up after themselves, and hauled away the old dish (instead of tossing on nearby vacant land, which is standard practice around here).

- Rooftop restaurant in Patong. Service staff trained to western standards, along with good food and ambiance all at a very reasonable price.

On Samui i broke through the wooden deck in our resort, had some scratches drawing blood on my leg. Asked the reception for a plaster, solly no hab.

In Pattaya i broke through the swimminpool stairs, deep wound in my foot. Asked the reception for bandage, only had some iodise, no bandage.

Another resort in pattaya i cut my finger on broken tiles in the pool. At the reception there were more farang with wounds from the pool, we got free plasters but don't think they would close the pool or so.

I'm 85 kg so don't think i m overweighted compared to my length.

I can go on like this.....

dont know much about 5 star hotels, but every time i go in McDonalds, always waiting for F***** chips (french fries)well dont serve me the Bl*** y burger then,the time i get my fries the burger is cold, so i tried KFC, yep same D** thing, i give up

also i dont think Thais have ever heard of good service

you NEVER GET WHAT YOU ASK FOR i have a guest house ask for a job to be done ,and its always Thai way not my way

infuates me and when i say something, i get the stupid grin with an unexplainable chuckle beatdeadhorse.gif

And thats the reason service is so bad. They don't /are afraid to complain. This face thing causes thais to put up with all kinds of problems instead of complaining.