Good service from any company?

AyG

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do what Thais do, just let it go ......

...and don't go back.

Tell your friends and spread the word. The restaurant business here, at least in Pattaya, is very competitive, even at the lesser priced venues.

I often praise, when warranted, in social networking channels. Likewise, if the visited place is lacking, they get a fair and honest post.

Tripadvisor, etc., is a great medium and I check it regularly for places to visit or pass on. Bon Appetite.

Apart from stupidly losing the rights to the Premier League, Truevisions provide an efficient service with good customer support in English.

Cancelled my contract with them a month or so ago. Haven't watched their programming for 3 or 4 years. The box was just gathering dust. Far too many repeats, long after broadcast in the original countries. Frequent, pointless renumbering of channels.

Even with removing the dish, they failed to turn up on the appointed day.

A few years ago my box broke. They didn't come to pick it up. I had to go quite a long way to the local service centre to get a replacement. They didn't mention I also had to bring the handset (which wasn't broken). So, that was two round trips.

And have you tried to use the TV schedule on their website? I haven't used it recently, but for years it was completely unusable.

So, not even close to good service in my opinion.

Where as I can only praise them firstly for there customer service. Secondly for there prom actions when one digital box died they had a replacement to me the same day then when I destroyed another digital box by accident they replaced it free of charge within two days. So out of ten I would give them 9

Go to Australia. Then you'll really learn what bad service is.

Example 1: 1-2 weeks to get an appointment at a car dealership for servicing, after which you'll be charged $120 an hour for some apprentice with acne.

Example 2: Getting the attention of a sales assistant in clothing stores. I think they take courses in how to avoid eye contact

Example 3: In most restaurants, expect your main course one to one and a half hours after ordering.

Thai service standards are very hit and miss. Mostly I'd say that it is mediocre at best, with workers untrained. The less said about CTH the better, but I've threatened them with the Consumer Protection Board.

However, when it's good it can be great. I live out in the sticks although along a busy road. I wanted high-speed internet. I have a True Visions satellite, but cannot. They did ask if I was near an ATM so I assume they were thinking I could leech off of that set-up. Interesting to know. In the end we were contacted by a nearby friend of my wife. Would we like? 1500 baht for express service, as her school and a temple and a police box wanted it and they needed numbers. Yes please. That was Thursday. On Saturday CAT installed the line, and on Sunday they came to connect us.

There was a problem, and they worked until 11.40 ON A SUNDAY NIGHT to get it working. Just kept them fed and watered (potato chips and Leo beer). And it has worked with 98 percent reliability for several months now at a better speed than I had in Bangkok. Try and get that kind of service in the Real World!

Hmm

Coffee spilt on my tray and not wiped. When i drink it comes on me, i call the lady ....

Buying in 7, lady doesnt give me small stamps because im farang, want to keep for herself ofc. I complain and tell her she forgot my stamps.

Going Big C. Buying some juice on sales. Price is different on receipt. I complain.

This is just some i remember quickly. Every time my Thai girfriend bow down her head in shame. Even if i was right all times she still doesnt understand that you as customer have right to complain.

B-Quik is OK...

I beg to differ. Four hour wait for a simple tyre change.

Actually, it was one hour for the actual tyre change, then a further 3 hours before they were able to produce the bill.

went to B-Quick on Ratchada with a punctured tyre in the boot, and the space saver spare on.

The puncture was repairable.

Did it for FREE, fitted wheel back on, and checked pressures all around.

Wouldn't accept a tip (not allowed)

Excellent service, I'll be a return customer for sure

A lesson learned. To bad the other 99.9% of merchants wouldn't follow suit. Any DNA testing ever done for the problem.

Hmm

Coffee spilt on my tray and not wiped. When i drink it comes on me, i call the lady ....

Buying in 7, lady doesnt give me small stamps because im farang, want to keep for herself ofc. I complain and tell her she forgot my stamps.

Going Big C. Buying some juice on sales. Price is different on receipt. I complain.

This is just some i remember quickly. Every time my Thai girfriend bow down her head in shame. Even if i was right all times she still doesnt understand that you as customer have right to complain.

Hmmm, do you wear white shorts, white socks and trainers...?..laugh.png

Actually im 45, wearing sandals, shorts and t-shirt with text, Dont con a con man..

Example 1: 1-2 weeks to get an appointment at a car dealership for servicing, after which you'll be charged $120 an hour for some apprentice with acne.

Example 2: Getting the attention of a sales assistant in clothing stores. I think they take courses in how to avoid eye contact

Example 3: In most restaurants, expect your main course one to one and a half hours after ordering.

You are talking Bulls??t now if it not for Australia you would not be in thailand now can't stand d??k head like you that bag a great place like Australia get a life and you would be one of the dead heads that let your little head rule

Hmm

7/11 doesn't give you small stamps? Buying some juice on sales? Did you come to Thailand to take a break from giving lessons to Scrooge McDuck?

You are talking Bulls??t now if it not for Australia you would not be in thailand now can't stand d??k head like you that bag a great place like Australia get a life and you would be one of the dead heads that let your little head rule

Your eloquence overwhelms me, not to mention your logic. What are you doing here?

Your lack of faith is born from an ungrateful and mediocre attitude.

Its up to you to make the changes. The clock is ticking. Good luck.

"True goodness is like water in that it blesses everything and harms nothing. And like water, true goodness seeks the lowest places, even those levels
which others avoid."

Edited by nithisa78

Restaurant service and all that is entailed can be pretty "Iffy" all too often.

Most of the time I do not bother to find out the hard way anymore rather I just go to the food courts where you will be eating in 5 minutes or so and the food is just fine----minus all the incompetence and disappointments.

Cheers

partner's main course arrived 25 minutes after we'd both finished the other three dishes.

and.....did you accept it? And why didn't you leave the restaurant if 25 min waiting is too long (I agree)?

I have done that several times.

A bit of an inconvenience.....but....

Then I went to the food court in the area where I should have gone in the first place.

partner's main course arrived 25 minutes after we'd both finished the other three dishes.

and.....did you accept it? And why didn't you leave the restaurant if 25 min waiting is too long (I agree)?

I have done that several times.

A bit of an inconvenience.....but....

Then I went to the food court in the area where I should have gone in the first place.

last time when it happened to me that almost everything came at the same time I send almost everything back to the kitchen and told them how to serve. The anser at the end was, that it is similar to Chinese style. Everything what you order serve at the same time. So....my fault...Hmmh

Bad choice of an expensive restaurant?

I live away from tourist areas and small shop owners as well as larger companies take a lot of pride in good service… I see and experience it every day. Rarely bed, often exceptionally good.

I don't doubt your experiences, just glad that I live in a Thailand that seems to be on a different plane of reality than some of the other OPs here.

Hmm

7/11 doesn't give you small stamps? Buying some juice on sales? Did you come to Thailand to take a break from giving lessons to Scrooge McDuck?

So you are telling me you never buy something on sale? Well then you are just another liar haha. In your mindset its ok for a Thai national to buy on sales and get discounts. But me as foreigner cant? Listen i really dont know why i am quoting this stupid answer from you. Clearly you needed to air yourself from something but dont do it here. sigh Button, damn it

And no block stupid user button damn it...

Edited by sead

Hmm

Yes this is a big problem.

The Thai "working" class is educted to "let things go" as some posters here put it, but this education just teaches them to humbly accept being taken advatage of.

The Thai "hi so" on the other hand, which are so much hated on this forum by Western working class posters, have been educated to get what they want and they won't let important things go. Ok, there are a lot of snobbish knobheads among them, but the Thai hi-sos which are not only educated but also intelligent really are overachievers in Thai society and succeed at what they do. Assertiveness is part of what's needed in their success.

I try to educate my GF too about not accepting to be taken advantage of, but the road is long and hard.

to add to the good service list:

Caltex.

went there with a stuttering engine after playing boat in deep water with my car. They cleaned the engine, filters, etc. after about 20 minutes I was good to go, they didn't want any money, I had to force my 100 baht tip to each of the pair of them.

Edited by manarak

Guess you confuse two different things:

Getting a good service for immediate consumption, and getting a good product with warranty.

The first is absolutely top in Thailand, the latter is hard to compare because most products you get in the West are in fact manufactured in the East.

Warranty is probably worse in Thailand, but the same products are more cheaper than in the West.

As it goes, the worst service Ive ever received in Thailand (or anywhere else for that matter ) was at an English owned restaurant in Hua Hin. A restaurant with a bit of a wild west theme to its name, awful service, and the food when it arrived was inedible.

English with a western theme??

Ever meet a British cowboy?

You should have known better!

Guess you confuse two different things:

Getting a good service for immediate consumption, and getting a good product with warranty.

The first is absolutely top in Thailand, the latter is hard to compare because most products you get in the West are in fact manufactured in the East.

Warranty is probably worse in Thailand, but the same products are more cheaper than in the West. Which leads me to the suspicion that in the West you actually pay for two things; the product itself, plus the warranty on it. Wonder how many people in the West would buy a warranty for a product if they had to pay extra for the warranty.

Edited by micmichd

It's the labor force. When you have unqualified people doing a job for low wage this is what you get.

Cut corners to save money and end up losing your business or lack of business.

Look at the busy places. The owners, workers and customers are all happy. They have repeat customers and word of mouth advertising.
Observe the differences between a place like that and one owned/operated by a control freak that is greedy... it's crap and eventually the run out of one time customers.