Poster of the Year Nominations -- Start Nominating

Fabricus

I don't see how people can refuse a nomination. If I say someone is my favorite poster of the year, how can they tell me they aren't? It is not like they are accepting any sort of office. There are no obligations.

Exactly. It's like declining to appear before the magistrate.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A "troll" post has been removed.

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

We could always just pick a name from a hat, and give him/ her a fancy title.

Or pick a name and a title, and give him a fancy hat

Just pick the fancy hat and give it the title

Hats are nice

Could this be the Year of the Hat?

The first time that an item of headgear wins Poster Of the Year?

I won't get involved at that level unless I am asked to have that authority by the management, as I previously detailed.

So unless and until that happens, do whatever you want.

We're all just members here. Nobody is in charge.

asked to have that authority?

my god man we do take ourselves seriously around here dont we?

i hear Christmas can be a lonely time.

What's Christmas?

In any case a scapegoat I mean volunteer has self selected. Case closed

Edited by Jingthing

So let me ask this OP, what is the criteria? Is this just a simple popularity contest?

There are good posters in many different ways. Some are funny, Some offer value information, some are helpful. some are idiots, some are relentless trolls, some are grumpy pessimistic people.

Make it like the TVF Grammy's....biggrin.png

Criteria? We don't need no stinking criteria! It's tradition.

Popularity it is...

Carry on..

Cypress Hill and 1BADDAT

Why, Because they call it like it is. These 2 do not sport Rose Colored glasses....

Popularity it is...

Carry on..

Cypress Hill and 1BADDAT

Why, Because they call it like it is. These 2 do not sport Rose Colored glasses....

Yes but that doesn't mean one or the other doesn't sometimes need glasses.

Have to say I don't venture this part of the forum much, and am more likely seen in real life pubs with real people.

I did enjoy the 2014 POTY competition run by Smokie though. Great job. JT a deserved winner. It attracted people from all parts of the forum.

One thing Smokie did really well was making it all about other people

This one looks a bit of a shambles though LOL. Most of the nominated people seem to have come from OP (counted at least 10 before getting bored) and it seems to be more a vehicle about himself than anyone else.

So POTY 2015 seems sort of over before it started laugh.png

Best wishes for 2016

Cheers

Fletch smile.png

Edited by fletchsmile

Popularity it is...

Carry on..

Cypress Hill and 1BADDAT

CH and 1B are now on the list. Thanks.

Have to say I don't venture this part of the forum much, and am more likely seen in real life pubs with real people.

I did enjoy the 2014 POTY competition run by Smokie though. Great job. JT a deserved winner. It attracted people from all parts of the forum.

This one looks a bit of a shambles though LOL. Most of the nominated people seem to have come from OP (counted at least 10 before getting bored) and it seems to be more a vehicle about himself than anyone else.

Best wishes for 2016

Cheers

Fletch smile.png

Thanks for your best wishes Fletch.

So who did you nominate?

Edited by sipi

Best wishes for 2016

Cheers

Fletch smile.png

Thanks for your best wishes but we aren't running.

So who did you nominate?

What is the list so far.

The new poll lord should have it updated facepalm.gif

Best wishes for 2016

Cheers

Fletch smile.png

Nominate some people you feel are more worthy then.

OP is scarce and I am trying to count them on my phone. Last time I looked on the PC we had 3000 odd views and a dozen or so nominations. Not sure how many have accepted yet?

I think the OP is 'aving a laff'

So am I. Can't take this stuff too seriously. We are getting a few nominations, that is a start. Last years poty was a bloodbath. Check it out.