sending money to pattaya

Met a girl in Pattaya,usual story & I want to send her some money,she doesnt speak much English,whats the best way to send the cash. Any advice would be helpful.To those who will tell me to keep my

cash to myself,I am only sending a little & she needs it more than I do.

Does she have a Bank Account ??

Then transfer the money via Swift (ask your Bank), usually takes a couple of days

If in a hurry use Western Union, but they are expensive

Edited by MJCM

Western Union and Money Gram would be the best way to send it. Normally cheaper and certainly quicker than SWIFT transfers.

Currently with kasikorn i receive my swift transfers in a day and its quite cheap (at least for bigger amounts). But i believe Western Union and Money Gram are instant ?. But swift you can do from your own bank account so easy.

I think it was mentioned on another topic but as a heads up to others that dont know is that if you use SWIFT transfer with Nationwide, UK , you will be charged by three banks, Nationwide, the beneficiary bank and a third party which is likely to be HSBC.

While Nationwide don't exactly hide this information, its certainly not displayed on their website as an additional charge that needs to be added or mentioned at all when verbally speaking to one of their staff

I think it was mentioned on another topic but as a heads up to others that dont know is that if you use SWIFT transfer with Nationwide, UK , you will be charged by three banks, Nationwide, the beneficiary bank and a third party which is likely to be HSBC.

While Nationwide don't exactly hide this information, its certainly not displayed on their website as an additional charge that needs to be added or mentioned at all when verbally speaking to one of their staff

Yep. £20 by Nationwide and £30 by all and sundry. £50 in total.

I will never SWIFT from them again.

I've heard all the stories & I know the scams.She hasnt asked for any money,I just wanted to send her some cos I really liked her. I know this will probably bite me in the ass but let me tell you the story :- I met her at a bar liked her & paid her bar fine,went back to hotel & had great time,asked her to stay with me for 3 days,agreeed a price & all was well.when 3 days was over she went off & I went for pastures new.On my last day she text me saying she missed me & wanted to see me,so I went to her bar for a drink,she asked to come back to hotel with me, but I had more or less spent up & had no cash left,told her this but she said "No Problem you dont have to pay me anything,told her I couldn't even pay bar fine,again no Problem,so she pays her own bar fine & come back to Hotel & I had the best night of my holiday,in the morning she went home & I headed for airport. This is why I have a soft spot for her,since I got home we have texted a few times but so far she has not asked for anything. If this is a scam I dont know what it is !! What do you lot think

I'm sure the girl will be familiar with western union procedures, if not she will have many friends or colleagues that are. It's very quick, safe and easy to use with multiple outlets in pats.

If you are happy and can afford to send her some cash .. Do it! It's not for anyone else to make judgments or give advice.

Edited by billphillips

I've heard all the stories & I know the scams.She hasnt asked for any money,I just wanted to send her some cos I really liked her. I know this will probably bite me in the ass but let me tell you the story :- I met her at a bar liked her & paid her bar fine,went back to hotel & had great time,asked her to stay with me for 3 days,agreeed a price & all was well.when 3 days was over she went off & I went for pastures new.On my last day she text me saying she missed me & wanted to see me,so I went to her bar for a drink,she asked to come back to hotel with me, but I had more or less spent up & had no cash left,told her this but she said "No Problem you dont have to pay me anything,told her I couldn't even pay bar fine,again no Problem,so she pays her own bar fine & come back to Hotel & I had the best night of my holiday,in the morning she went home & I headed for airport. This is why I have a soft spot for her,since I got home we have texted a few times but so far she has not asked for anything. If this is a scam I dont know what it is !! What do you lot think

A scam from a bar girl? Nawwww, she's a keeper! Marry her. If a young girl snuggled up to you at a brothel in your home country, what would you think? If you want advice on this, you should ask your family what you should do about a prostitute you have a soft spot for and watch how supportive they would be.

In summary, you don't pay one bar fine and this magically eliminates her hooker past?

Be it a scam or a scheme, you don't need any advice from anyone nor anywhere. As you had mentioned, "I just wanted to send her some cos I really liked her".

That alone scores you a 100 points! A 1000 points had you done it metaphorically saying, "the right hand shall give, without the left having to know".

"If this is a scam I dont know what it is !! What do you lot think", it all goes down to sub-zero.

Do it! And you'll sleep better.

I will not comment on the girl, others have done it...

but fact is, OP, what ever option you choose to send her money (i.e. Western Union, Swift to her bank account), you can NOT do it without telling her, as you will need her real name as on the Thai ID or her bank account number, otherwise she will not be able to withdraw it => so talk with her and tell her and see her reaction.

And.. been there and done that... met more than one girl (before my current stable relationship) who tended to give you the "free last night" in order to secure your coming back to HER on your last visit and not looking out for the next one... that is the "scam" that workes very well for them...

If from the USA, Western Union works fine. Funny thing is it was a little cheaper to go down the street to the grocery store and send it from there than it was to just do it online from the Western Union site. Go figure. She gave me her name and address stuff. As I recall I had to put down the approximate city (Bangkok) is where she actually was. I think you have to put down the general area she will be picking it up.

Edited by gk10002000

If from the USA, Western Union works fine. Funny thing is it was a little cheaper to go down the street to the grocery store and send it from there than it was to just do it online from the Western Union site. Go figure. She gave me her name and address stuff. As I recall I had to put down the approximate city (Bangkok) is where she actually was. I think you have to put down the general area she will be picking it up.

Country and name is all you need. She needs the same from you btw to pick up (and know the amount)

Op if you like send me the money and I can go meet her for you. I have account in a few countries ones might be yours.

Just helping another brother out.

Where does she work? Photos would help.

Edited by wow64