Montclair Wine

NigelKennedy

Very strange bought a box of the gut rot today and noticed it had a full sticker covering the box. Underneath stamped 25.8.2015 hope that was not expiry. Plus box sticker had no mention of provenance but original underneath said from South Africa.

Anybody know why they would spend all that money on having complete new stickers to cover the box.

post-172108-14495864630281_thumb.jpg

Underneath stamped 25.8.2015 hope that was not expiry.

The mystery will be solved with the first sip ... although with Mont Clair the distinction between "fresh" and "gone off" is probably minimal. Maybe you could take up pickling things with it ... like annoying guests.

Edited by Suradit69

Probably something to do with complying with Thailand's anti alcohol promotion laws. I notice that the new label no longer has pictures of the product in a glass.

Absolutely correct answer !

I know some people aren't very good at 'Spot The Difference", but this one is as easy as it gets.

Edited by Chiengmaijoe

Probably something to do with complying with Thailand's anti alcohol promotion laws. I notice that the new label no longer has pictures of the product in a glass.

Absolutely correct answer !

You couldnt make these laws up if you tried.I guess a picture of a half full glass might encourage consumers into an uncontrollable bout of binge

drinking.When they removed the Chang beer coasters at Big C it motivated me hugely to control my alcohol intake.

I'm not sure where all this is going to end,maybe total prohibition. Oh what fun living in Thailnd used to be.