Buying '70's Honda CB twins to restore

Bung

• 1 month later...

Well, ive been busy working but was home for a spell over newyears. I was a bit dissapointed i didnt make a move on the cb175 that wasfor sale as it looked good and my son is dead keen on one now. Keeping my eye peeled!

I did come across an interesting bike though, nice classic looks, 2 stroke so easy to work on, plentiful, cheap and easy to get new parts for still. I still see old fellers riding around on them up country.

post-22617-0-03298200-1453089265_thumb.j

post-22617-0-10334500-1453088952_thumb.j

It wasnt running but got the old fuel out and it fired up, but didnt have time to check it over properly. This one has a green book with the original black plate number still on the front fender. It was missing the one off the back but would like to get a reproduction one made. Has 3 years tax owing so will be straight forward

I thought it was good value and looking there are always a few for sale. I found another nice standard one in good condition but unrestored. Same price and the guy shipped it to cm for me. That one runs great! Starts first pop but isnt as good cosmetically. I want to restore that one and ride the other. Only hassle is it has 20 years tax owing! Think it will be 2000b to pay. The woman helping me misunderstood about that....

Happy to get my collection started. I have room for 10 bikes! Ill have a good hobby to keep me busy now. I contacted an ebay seller of nos parts for these in bkk, i can deal directly with him. Just about everything is available for them

Someone find me a cb175!

More pucs to come, im at work again.

post-22617-0-93649800-1453142933_thumb.jpost-22617-0-66510000-1453143096_thumb.j

23000 baht. Not much to do with this one, better than an old wave! Has the original dual seat but will look cool with a wicker basket on the back. Its a mk1 so has a steel oil tank for the auto lube. Needs a new hose, rust taken from inside as well as the fuel tank. Has an after market carb so might need an original. Has points but can get cdi for it. Also has electric start! (Not working) Lots of tinkering to do. I think i will rob the good bits off the other one (that one has cdi already) and get this one going nice to use and rebuild the other one over time.

post-22617-0-98138800-1453142826_thumb.j

I thought it was good value and looking there are always a few for sale. I found another nice standard one in good condition but unrestored. Same price and the guy shipped it to cm for me. That one runs great! Starts first pop but isnt as good cosmetically. I want to restore that one and ride the other. Only hassle is it has 20 years tax owing! Think it will be 2000b to pay. The woman helping me misunderstood about that....

I got one too, 16 years late with taxes.

Tried everything, but to no avail, can't get it registered anymore, as it is over the 5 year limit, even tried bribing :-)

It looks nice in my driveway though, I take it out sometimes, but I know it is an illegal alien on the roads.

Archived