Defiant Trump dismisses criticism of his Muslim statement

webfact

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm no great fan of Islam, but tarring all Muslims with the same brush is like saying all Yanks are loud mouthed and arrogant, which thankfully isn't the case.

Right...or all Brits are immature, loud-mouthed, rude, soccer hooligans, which thankfully isn't the case.

If someone besides Barack Obama was in power, Trump would be out of line. However, under the circumstances, he might be justified in a little overkill. Obama is seriously delusional when it comes to radical Islam,

It would seem that confusion between Islam and radical Islam is not all that uncommon around here either.

do you seriously think there is that much difference???? get real and open your eyes

What are you talking about? I live next door to a lawyer in a suit who couldn't be more civilized and is not an Arab and doesn't know any. But he's a Muslim. Dresses up and party's at Ramadan celebrates Xmas and whatever else too. So am I missing something here? Are you telling me to open my eyes because secretly he is going to bomb my neighborhood and cut my head off because I'm not a believer?

Do you seriously think there is no difference???? Get real and open your eyes

Linzz, on 10 Dec 2015 - 10:42, said:Linzz, on 10 Dec 2015 - 10:42, said:
jewell49, on 10 Dec 2015 - 07:02, said:jewell49, on 10 Dec 2015 - 07:02, said:
HooHaa, on 09 Dec 2015 - 11:42, said:HooHaa, on 09 Dec 2015 - 11:42, said:
Ulysses G., on 09 Dec 2015 - 06:36, said:Ulysses G., on 09 Dec 2015 - 06:36, said:

If someone besides Barack Obama was in power, Trump would be out of line. However, under the circumstances, he might be justified in a little overkill. Obama is seriously delusional when it comes to radical Islam,

It would seem that confusion between Islam and radical Islam is not all that uncommon around here either.

do you seriously think there is that much difference???? get real and open your eyes

What are you talking about? I live next door to a lawyer in a suit who couldn't be more civilized and is not an Arab and doesn't know any. But he's a Muslim. Dresses up and party's at Ramadan celebrates Xmas and whatever else too. So am I missing something here? Are you telling me to open my eyes because secretly he is going to bomb my neighborhood and cut my head off because I'm not a believer?

Who knows.

Go research Amjen Chowdhary.

He is also a lawyer, he also partied with the best of them. He is currently incarcerated.

Edited by SgtRock

Linzz, on 10 Dec 2015 - 10:42, said:Linzz, on 10 Dec 2015 - 10:42, said:
jewell49, on 10 Dec 2015 - 07:02, said:jewell49, on 10 Dec 2015 - 07:02, said:
HooHaa, on 09 Dec 2015 - 11:42, said:HooHaa, on 09 Dec 2015 - 11:42, said:

Who knows.

He is also a lawyer, he also partied with the best of them. He is currently incarcerated.

In USA it seems more probable to get shot by your christian neighbour than any muslim extremist if we look at the facts for 2015 only.

GeorgesAbitbol, on 10 Dec 2015 - 11:00, said:
SgtRock, on 10 Dec 2015 - 10:49, said:
Linzz, on 10 Dec 2015 - 10:42, said:Linzz, on 10 Dec 2015 - 10:42, said:Linzz, on 10 Dec 2015 - 10:42, said:

Who knows.

In USA it seems more probable to get shot by your christian neighbour than any muslim extremist if we look at the facts for 2015 only.

I responded to a query about a lawyer, and gave a comparison.

Shooting was not mentioned.

Thanks for your inappropriate input.

Well it seems that it will reach half a million the way things going...

12313850_920102561392013_175624859792730

The UK showed its true colors when it banned a Jewish radio show host from the US a few years ago. Micheal savage.

Just goes to show that most if this Islam acceptance is routed in Antisemitism

Racially, most of the peoples of that region, including the Arab people are semites. The term Arab anti-semitism is a propaganda device to propagate hatred in the Israel/Palestine conflict. "Arab Racism" is a far more complex issue than the proponents of a certain agenda are willing to admit. It begs the question of why you have started this line of racially motivated attacks supported by historically and ethnographically inaccurate claims. This is not the action of a person interested in engagement, only division.

The UK preventing a right wing 'shock jock' from entering the country to violate its hate speech laws in order to sell more of his lunatic books is perfectly justified.

Now your agenda is clear, you have marginalised anything you might have to say in the future.

simple1, on 10 Dec 2015 - 08:35, said:
SgtRock, on 10 Dec 2015 - 08:29, said:
simple1, on 10 Dec 2015 - 08:22, said:simple1, on 10 Dec 2015 - 08:22, said:simple1, on 10 Dec 2015 - 08:22, said:

Have you come across other recent comments made by Trump regarding the UK?

Trump likened the Queen’s head scarf to a hijab, as well as other truly stupid inflammatory remarks, which would be deeply insulting to the vast majority of the people of the UK.

http://www.independe...s-a6766176.html

Notice the difference. The trumpet makes some stupid remarks.

No flag burning. No mass demonstrations on the streets. No Fatwa's issued. Need I go on.

His remarks will be insulting to some people in the UK. They will certainly not be insulting to the vast majority of the UK.

I assume you're from the UK and you make the above comment in response to Trump likening the Queen’s head scarf to a hijab - are you serious

Eh. Just think of the remarks that Phil the Greek has made over the years.

Likening a scarf to a hajib is on a par with some of them.

Get a grip of your undercrackers mate.

Well we will have to agree to disagree if you consider a foreign politician comparing the Queen's heads-raft to a hajib is acceptable to the majority of Brits.

GeorgesAbitbol, on 10 Dec 2015 - 11:00, said:
SgtRock, on 10 Dec 2015 - 10:49, said:
Linzz, on 10 Dec 2015 - 10:42, said:Linzz, on 10 Dec 2015 - 10:42, said:Linzz, on 10 Dec 2015 - 10:42, said:

Who knows.

you re right it was about bombing.... look the history of your own conversation please, the main topic was about extremist muslim bombings

simple1, on 10 Dec 2015 - 11:20, said:
SgtRock, on 10 Dec 2015 - 08:41, said:
simple1, on 10 Dec 2015 - 08:35, said:simple1, on 10 Dec 2015 - 08:35, said:

I assume you're from the UK and you make the above comment in response to Trump likening the Queen’s head scarf to a hijab - are you serious

Well we will have to agree to disagree if you consider a foreign politician comparing the Queen's heads-raft to a hajib is acceptable to the majority of Brits.

Never heard the old ditty

Stick and stones.....

I get it now, That little ditty does not seem to apply to certain people. Perhaps I should go on the rampage over a few words.

Grow up.

The UK showed its true colors when it banned a Jewish radio show host from the US a few years ago. Micheal savage.

Racially, most of the peoples of that region, including the Arab people are semites. The term Arab anti-semitism is a propaganda device to propagate hatred in the Israel/Palestine conflict. "Arab Racism" is a far more complex issue than the proponents of a certain agenda are willing to admit. It begs the question of why you have started this line of racially motivated attacks supported by historically and ethnographically inaccurate claims. This is not the action of a person interested in engagement, only division.

The UK preventing a right wing 'shock jock' from entering the country to violate its hate speech laws in order to sell more of his lunatic books is perfectly justified.

Now your agenda is clear, you have marginalised anything you might have to say in the future.

The term Arab anti-semitism is a propaganda device to propagate hatred in the Israel/Palestine conflict. --

Of course, because all through history, the practitioners of anti-Semitism, and coiners of the very word, were referring to Arabs, not Jews, all this time.

GeorgesAbitbol, on 10 Dec 2015 - 11:25, said:
SgtRock, on 10 Dec 2015 - 11:12, said:
GeorgesAbitbol, on 10 Dec 2015 - 11:00, said:GeorgesAbitbol, on 10 Dec 2015 - 11:00, said:
SgtRock, on 10 Dec 2015 - 10:49, said:SgtRock, on 10 Dec 2015 - 10:49, said:

Who knows.

you re right it was about bombing.... look the history of your own conversation please, the main topic was about extremist muslim bombings

You need a loan of a shovel ?

The term Arab anti-semitism is a propaganda device to propagate hatred in the Israel/Palestine conflict. --

Of course, because all through history, the practitioners of anti-Semitism, and coiners of the very word, were referring to Arabs, not Jews, all this time.

No, anti-semiticism is not the name ascribed to the practice 'all throughout history'. This practice has been straight out anti-jewishness. The Edicts of Expulsion by Edward I in 13th C England and similar in 15th C Spain as part of the inquisition process was purely motivated by religious and economic fear of the Jewish people. You may describe these actions as anti-semitic but the actual term is a construct of a 19th C German Nationalist, a proto-facist who used the term as a substitute for Jew Hater. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisemitism. It has subsequently become the currency of the polarised debate on the Israel/Palestine issue.

I do not deny anti-semitism against Jewish people throughout history. I do object, however, to the introduction of this racially motivated attack in the issue of the 'Muslim Problem'. It is retrograde. It is base. And quite despicable. The UK immigration policies are not anti-semitic. To say otherwise is scurrilous hate speech. It diminishes the real discrimination experienced by the Jewish diaspora throughout history in favour of cheap rhetoric.

Edited by lostboy

No, anti-semiticism is not the name ascribed to the practice 'all throughout history'. This practice has been straight out anti-jewishness. The Edicts of Expulsion by Edward I in 13th C England and similar in 15th C Spain as part of the inquisition process was purely motivated by religious and economic fear of the Jewish people. You may describe these actions as anti-semitic but the actual term is a construct of a 19th C German Nationalist, a proto-facist who used the term as a substitute for Jew Hater. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisemitism. It has subsequently become the currency of the polarised debate on the Israel/Palestine issue.

I do not deny anti-semitism against Jewish people throughout history. I do object, however, to the introduction of this racially motivated attack in the issue of the 'Muslim Problem'. It is retrograde. It is base. And quite despicable. The UK immigration policies are not anti-semitic. To say otherwise is scurrilous hate speech. It diminishes the real discrimination experienced by the Jewish diaspora throughout history in favour of cheap rhetoric.

Do not mischaracterize my statements, boy. I wrote about the "practitioners of anti-Semitism," not the "practice" of "anti-jewishness."

Maybe I should go look it up but I always thought Semite was a term referring to people of the same ethnicity specifically Jews and Arabs who share the same ancestry. But anti Semitic became a term to mean anti Jewish

Edited by Linzz

simple1, on 10 Dec 2015 - 11:20, said:
SgtRock, on 10 Dec 2015 - 08:41, said:
simple1, on 10 Dec 2015 - 08:35, said:simple1, on 10 Dec 2015 - 08:35, said:

Never heard the old ditty

Stick and stones.....

I get it now, That little ditty does not seem to apply to certain people. Perhaps I should go on the rampage over a few words.

Grow up.

I'm discussing causal factors as to why so many UK citizens are signing the petition, not whether the petition is right or wrong. Though I do think Trump is a prat, I'm fairly certain he will not be banned from entry to the UK based upon his comments over the past few days.

I'm no great fan of Islam, but tarring all Muslims with the same brush is like saying all Yanks are loud mouthed and arrogant, which thankfully isn't the case.

Right...or all Brits are immature, loud-mouthed, rude, soccer hooligans, which thankfully isn't the case.

laugh.png Then perhaps we're lucky those hooligans don't have the 'right to bear arms' don't you think?. At least in the UK it's quite safe to walk into a school, movie theatre, car park (that's a parking lot to you by the way) or most other public places without worrying that some WASP who was bullied by his Daddy or workmates, or has had a bad week, is going to turn up with guns bought as easily as we Brits buy a sandwich, and with more 'legal'ammo than John Wayne ever had to massacre innocent people going about their lives.

With all that going on, why worry about Muslims when one of your own could be the enemy? Obama has at least tried to do something aout this, but all Trump is worried about is what it says on his birth certificate and whether he is a Muslim. Loud-mouthed and rude is what Trump is full stop (that's a period to you by the way).

I don't think he's really interested in becoming president at all. He's has an ego bigger than the solar system and he's revelling in winding up the establishment and others and is like a little boy showing off. This is the daftest of his ideas so far, and he's had some biggies.

I'm no great fan of Islam, but tarring all Muslims with the same brush is like saying all Yanks are loud mouthed and arrogant, which thankfully isn't the case. If he's the best the Republicans have, bring on Hillary - and she ain't exactly my favourite.

Unlike your Yanks are loud comparison, bad muslims lead to deaths of civilians. And the vetting procedure has shown to be ineffective.

If you apply common sense to the situation, and forget about all the "feel good politics" , the only logical thing you can do is ban muslim immigration. There is many of other places in the world to accept immigrants. You don't have to draw from the group that has poisonous elements.

Wouldn't you rather know that it's quite safe to walk into a school, movie theatre, car park or most other public places without worrying that some WASP who was bullied by his Daddy or workmates, or has had a bad week, is going to turn up with guns to massacre innocent people going about their lives?

With all that going on, why the big worry about Muslims when one of your own could be the enemy? Obama has at least tried to do something about this, but all Trump is worried about is what it says on his birth certificate and whether he is a Muslim. Loud-mouthed and rude is what Trump is full stop. Creating more anger amongst/against Muslims is only going to worsen things, just like GWB and his mission accomplished which is still an open and running sore 12 years later, and likely will be decades from now.

Do not mischaracterize my statements, boy. I wrote about the "practitioners of anti-Semitism," not the "practice" of "anti-jewishness."

And still miss the point. Not my problem if you can't articulate sufficiently for comprehension. You and your fellow fan boys become more marginalised from the mainstream every day that your Deified Fetish opens his ridiculous mouth.

And still miss the point. Not my problem if you can't articulate sufficiently for comprehension. You and your fellow fan boys become more marginalised from the mainstream every day that your Deified Fetish opens his ridiculous mouth.

Cliched empty-headed Euro rant.

Perpetuating the stereotype of the Trump Boofheads whether domestic or international policy. I have substance to my rants. Yours and your fellow Trumpettes are empty shirts, no backbone, no substance. Thank you for assuming I am European. I fully support their efforts to prevent any infestation of Trump inspired yokels.

Perpetuating the stereotype of the Trump Boofheads whether domestic or international policy. I have substance to my rants. Yours and your fellow Trumpettes are empty shirts, no backbone, no substance. Thank you for assuming I am European. I fully support their efforts to prevent any infestation of Trump inspired yokels.

American's don't spell "marginalize" with an "s." And, like Hemingway, we tend to devalue a bloated, self-important writing style.

American's don't spell "marginalize" with an "s." And, like Hemingway, we tend to devalue a bloated, self-important writing style.

You don't mean Americans. You mean your type of Americans. The ignorant, low information, hysterical ones. The ones who were involved in my graduate and post graduate instructions were certainly not the anti-intellectual, arrogant bourgeois cretins whose inferiority complex manifests in obnoxious ranting against rational discourse. Again, stereotypical Trump supporters. Own it. It will be all you have left after this circus collapses under the weight of its own ignorance and bigotry. The wonderful thing about Hemingway is that he can be read in Grade School, so poseurs who wish to appear literary can have something to reference. You think you are a straight talker. You think you are a Hemingway. No, your Trump fandom is buffoonery. You disgrace the idea of Hemingway.

Edited by lostboy

You don't mean Americans. You mean your type of Americans. The ignorant, low information, hysterical ones. The ones who were involved in my graduate and post graduate instructions were certainly not the anti-intellectual, arrogant bourgeois cretins who inferiority complex manifests in obnoxious ranting against rational discourse. Again, stereotypical Trump supporters. Own it. It will be all you have left after this circus collapses under the weight of its own ignorance and bigotry.

You really should try to calm down. You're going to have a stroke. Did you throw these type temper tantrums in your "graduate and post graduate instructions?"

lostboy, on 10 Dec 2015 - 16:39, said:

You don't mean Americans. You mean your type of Americans. The ignorant, low information, hysterical ones. The ones who were involved in my graduate and post graduate instructions were certainly not the anti-intellectual, arrogant bourgeois cretins whose inferiority complex manifests in obnoxious ranting against rational discourse. Again, stereotypical Trump supporters. Own it. It will be all you have left after this circus collapses under the weight of its own ignorance and bigotry. The wonderful thing about Hemingway is that he can be read in Grade School, so poseurs who wish to appear literary can have something to reference. You think you are a straight talker. You think you are a Hemingway. No, your Trump fandom is buffoonery. You disgrace the idea of Hemingway.

Ignorance and bigotry.

This you posted on another thread.

Those of us who do not require the regular and temporary permissions to extend their non-immigrant, immigrant status have protections under Thai law. Our status, earned by justifying what we have contributed and will contribute to the country, is not easily removed.

For those people who are clearly here to exploit the country and its citizens, their presence or absence is entirely meaningless to the people who count. Take what you will and depart when you will. It's just a pity we have to suffer the noise they make while residing here. Eugene Birdick and William Lederer's 1958 book no longer applies just to US officials.

You must be right up there with Buddha

You don't mean Americans. You mean your type of Americans. The ignorant, low information, hysterical ones. The ones who were involved in my graduate and post graduate instructions were certainly not the anti-intellectual, arrogant bourgeois cretins who inferiority complex manifests in obnoxious ranting against rational discourse. Again, stereotypical Trump supporters. Own it. It will be all you have left after this circus collapses under the weight of its own ignorance and bigotry.

You really should try to calm down. You're going to have a stroke. Did you throw these type temper tantrums in your "graduate and post graduate instructions?"

That is me being calm. Blood pressure continuing to remain exactly normal as usual. Challenging ignorance and bigotry is not throwing a tantrum. It is the duty of an educated, rational and aware person.

Still waiting for anything from you that is remotely related to the topic and not a personal hissy fit or some blind, besotted drivel about your current political fetish.

I enjoyed my studies in American institutions. Do not apologise for that at all. Can you muster anything more than a sneer to anyone here who doesn't accept your brand of bs? I just keep repeating it - stereotypical Trump supporters.

Ignorance and bigotry.

Those of us who do not require the regular and temporary permissions to extend their non-immigrant, immigrant status have protections under Thai law. Our status, earned by justifying what we have contributed and will contribute to the country, is not easily removed.

For those people who are clearly here to exploit the country and its citizens, their presence or absence is entirely meaningless to the people who count. Take what you will and depart when you will. It's just a pity we have to suffer the noise they make while residing here. Eugene Birdick and William Lederer's 1958 book no longer applies just to US officials.

Thank you for your compliment. I guess you are trying to insult me but this is so obtuse that it is beyond comprehension. So I appreciate your support by reposting my thoughts for more people to read.

Ignorance and bigotry.

This boy actually is pretty funny. You see this sort of thing in people with a little more educational certification on paper than their intellect can carry. Somehow, I think his "graduate and post graduate instructions" (itself an unwieldy phrase if there ever was one), must have taken place at Crackpot Polytechnic.

lostboy, on 10 Dec 2015 - 17:01, said:
SgtRock, on 10 Dec 2015 - 16:54, said:
lostboy, on 10 Dec 2015 - 16:39, said:lostboy, on 10 Dec 2015 - 16:39, said:

Ignorance and bigotry.

Thank you for your compliment. I guess you are trying to insult me but this is so obtuse that it is beyond comprehension. So I appreciate your support by reposting my thoughts for more people to read.

It truly is an amazing phenomenon that the so called educated are so arrogant that they cannot see their own failings.