Convicted child abuser Peter Dundas Walbran arrested teaching at Thai school

webfact

I applaud the arrest of any criminal. Regardless of this man's past convictions, the charges in Thailand are yet to proved in court. Therefore, I read and wait for the slow wheels of justice to turn. Hopefully, the other self-anointed and self-appointed judges will take a personal inventory and wait in turn.

Of course he's innocent until proven guilty but if you knew anything about paedophiles, then you would know that they are like leopards, they never change their spots. I, for one, cannot accept anyone giving time to this particular piece of excrement. I see that he is a dual citizen, OZ/NZ and if I am correct used his new NZ passport to enter Thailand. One has to ask why, was it to conceal his prior activities carried out in Indonesia whilst travelling on his OZ passport. What would you say? My post is not about guilt or otherwise, he is a convicted paedophile, and can get a new passport, a new job with children. I just hope, if you have young childrfen, they never experience any meetings with paedophiles. What would your post be then?

Re; One has to ask why, was it to conceal his prior activities carried out in Indonesia whilst travelling on his OZ passport.

Considering that until recently you could only get 5 years for a New Zealand passport versus 10 years for an Australian, any "normal" person coming to Thailand to work long time would prefer an Australian passport. Lets look at the options: Option "A" get put on the Australian Sex Offenders Registry. Option "B" come to Thailand on a squeaky clean passport and carry on business as usual. I don't think one has to ask the question why. The fact that he is living with a Thai male of 18 years (barely legal) speaks volumes. Would not surprise me that his Thai "partner" helped him acquire underage victims. Thai is a difficult language and I doubt very much that his proficiency in Thai would be sufficient enough based on the short time he was in Thailand. Although there was overwhelming evidence against him, it was reported that he was angry in jail and claimed he was innocent. Most probably in his own mind he thought, being such a great guy, that his victims should be grateful that he had chosen them. Arrogant, delusional ... in his own mind he did no wrong. If you were innocent would you risk being again falsely accused of being a pedophile by living with an 18 year old, working in an environment of under age pupils, giving children free rides on your bike ... ?? Of course not, you would stay far far away from anything that might expose you. I doubt much will come out of this investigation .... I think he would have learnt from his past experiences how to cover his tracks better.

Seeing the question was not directed to you and was based n the context of his post, I think it is reasonable question to ask Benmart, given what he had to say. Yes, I know the rest, I have read it too. As I said, Paedophiles are. like leopards, they never change their spots so if you have had dealings with these low lives then you would know that, they always believe it is their right to love childrenand that they are not doing any wrong.. If you have followed any of the hundreds of recent cases in Oz then you would understand that.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived