Making My Extension

I was on an ED visa and attending classes for a couple of years, and can speak Thai between 'getting by' and fluently which helps a great deal. Anyway now I am on a tourist visa. I have 2 questions if some people can help me with them?

1. I recently got a new passport and they gave e the form to transfer my current visa over to it from my old passport, I haven't filled it out yet and need to do that and take it to the immigration. Shall I do this on the day of my extension which is in a week or should I do it before?

2. What forms need to be filled out and how do you go abut getting a 30 day extension as I have never had to do this before?

Cheers

Edited by monk213

Visas are never transferred.

If you have a tourist visa there is nothing to transfer.

Just present both passports to immigration when you leave.

Then why have I been given a form from the Bangkok office to fill out and hand over to immigration to transfer over my visa, or is it just a form?

And what about the other questions in my post, can anybody shed some light on that please?

If you go to immigration to apply for the 30 day extension thy they will do an annotation with info about your visa, transfer your entry stamp and do the extension in the new passport.

Take extra copies of your old passport and a copy of the photo page of the new one with you. They will give you a form to complete. They will also want the letter from the embassy.

If you go to immigration to apply for the 30 day extension thy they will do an annotation with info about your visa, transfer your entry stamp and do the extension in the new passport.

Take extra copies of your old passport and a copy of the photo page of the new one with you. They will give you a form to complete. They will also want the letter from the embassy.

Thanks Joe, I was kind of waiting on you to be honest lol. So I need to photocopy my entire old passport and also the photo page of the new one?

If you were not doing the extension you could show both passport when leaving the country.

You will need a copy of the photo page of your old passport visa and the entry stamp you got from it and TM6 departure card Dependent upon the office you to they may want more copies than that. And your new passport photo page just for the transfer. After they do the transfer you will need additional copies of your new passport.

If you were not doing the extension you could show both passport when leaving the country.

You will need a copy of the photo page of your old passport visa and the entry stamp you got from it and TM6 departure card Dependent upon the office you to they may want more copies than that. And your new passport photo page just for the transfer. After they do the transfer you will need additional copies of your new passport.

wow that is a major headache! I might just leave and go to Laos for a few days instead, it seems simpler!