Hundreds more face arrest over Facebook posts on park scandal

webfact

So the government is far more interested in prosecuting Thai citizens who dare to speak out than actually investigating the alleged corruption at the Park.

Mr. P and his junta are failing the people of Thailand right and left. Is there any promise they have made that they haven't kept.

I assume you mean, 'Is there any promise they have made that they have kept.'?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the government is far more interested in prosecuting Thai citizens who dare to speak out than actually investigating the alleged corruption at the Park.

Mr. P and his junta are failing the people of Thailand right and left. Is there any promise they have made that they haven't kept.

I assume you mean, 'Is there any promise they have made that they have kept.'?

Well, they did bring down the price on lottery tickets to 80 Baht - I must be fair and give them that credit.

Seems a bit over the top to stage a coup for that, but then again the lottery is quite important here.

I would like to continue to live in Thailand and own properties and live a happy and quiet life.

Don't ruin it for us, by making outrageous and defamatory comments, about things you don't understand about this country, that could ruin it for all of us.

Disturbing bah.gif

I would like to continue to live in Thailand and own properties and live a happy and quiet life.

Don't ruin it for us, by making outrageous and defamatory comments, about things you don't understand about this country, that could ruin it for all of us.

Disturbing bah.gif

Fearful.

Not a way to live.

I really don;t know why they don't have an investigation, admit there was some corruption, arrest some low level folks and one senior person, put it all over the newspapers that the junta is rooting out corruption wherever it may be, then have trials, sentence the little people to long sentences and the senior person can be given leave to appeal for as long as he lives.

They cannot get one senior person, they all know to much about each other.

Also if they admitted it, one would presume it would be a LM case against one of the top Generals, and if it was treated as ruthlessly as other LM cases against mere civilians, perhaps it would also be a round up of the Committee in control of the Project which includes more Generals, and the PM's brother.

They cannot get one senior person, they all know to much about each other.

sure they can. They make it so that the senior person is no longer able to talk. Prisoners sometimes have a short life-span in the hands of the junta... whistling.gif

Don't forget in October

The Thai Government has approved plans to route all Internet traffic in and out of the country through a “single gateway,” effectively giving the military government control over the flow. After another outcry, the junta played down the plan, but it has not rescinded it. That's HAS NOT rescinded it,

Don't forget in October

The Thai Government has approved plans to route all Internet traffic in and out of the country through a “single gateway,” effectively giving the military government control over the flow. After another outcry, the junta played down the plan, but it has not rescinded it. That's HAS NOT rescinded it,

I'm sure the Thai government follows the democratic developments on snooping in the West.

This one offers interesting perspectives for the NCPO

"A new bill introduced by Democratic senator Dianne Feinstein and Republican senator Richard Burr would oblige social media companies to report "terrorist activity" to the authorities.

In essence it would oblige Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and so on to scour their data and actively report to the US government anything that they felt was "terrorist activity.""

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/12/10/hand_over_the_terrorists_facebook/

I enjoyed a visit to this park and was happy to get some pictures of the statues.

My biggest concern was the massive area of cement where we were standing.

It is too bad that there was only cement and not large areas of grass and maybe some bushes

to help keep the area cooler. I was visiting in the middle of the day about 1PM, and the

heat was horrible.

I enjoyed a visit to this park and was happy to get some pictures of the statues.

It is too bad that there was only cement and not large areas of grass and maybe some bushes

to help keep the area cooler. I was visiting in the middle of the day about 1PM, and the

heat was horrible.

a contradictory observation.

what about any of the 300k baht palm trees and landscaping, mentioned in the fb graphic shared by thousands on fb?

heat was horrible.

what about any of the 300k baht palm trees and landscaping, mentioned in the fb graphic shared by thousands on fb?

Yes, what about it?

heat was horrible.

Yes, what about it?

Nice to see you back Rubl. Must be a difficult time for you at the moment, its not often someone has got so much, so wrong, so often! so hats off to you for finally fronting up and coming back. I have missed your mindless rambles.

heat was horrible.

Yes, what about it?

Nice to see you back Rubl. Must be a difficult time for you at the moment, its not often someone has got so much, so wrong, so often! so hats off to you for finally fronting up and coming back. I have missed your mindless rambles.

Well thank you very much for your kind words.

Mind you and terribly sorry about that, but you may have missed that I'm not part of the topic here. So if you want to be so full of praise pray find the right topic.

there is just in an article on the bbc from jonathan head, it's bangkok correspondent, "Thai park exposes corruption claims and murky politics" - I won't post a link to it, but you might like it

Edited by londonthai

Arrest hundreds of people ?

Another entry for the Guinness Book of Records ? Cue Music - To Be Number One !

As an encore arrest the US Ambassador for LM !

Seems they'd like to try.

I watched the full video of everything the Ambassador said. He was mildly critical of the way the LM laws were being applied. He didn't come within a thousand mile of committing a crime.

Amnesty slams govt over move against envoy

So the lese mejeste law itself is protected by the lese majeste law?

Im so confused.

That's exactly the spirit and purpose of such laws.

post-208463-0-40130000-1449896087_thumb.

Slightly modified avatar.

Dear General, I have just liked this post below. Are you coming to get me now?

All I can say is: Kindergarden!

Lets look at where we are since May 2014.
First the general said he had no interest in leading the nation and staying on in power.
Then he installed himself leader transferring that to a Prime minister position.

Then he threatened media .
Set up ""attitude adjustment camps""
Uses LM to install fear in the populace .

Stalls the democracy process
Arrests students
Gets article 44 that gives him absolute power.

Shuts down TV stations
Allows his side to protest outside western embassies ...but not allow peaceful complaint.

Now gets into Facebook and looks for kids who click l""like""

Threatens mass arrest of hundreds of Thai citizens .

This is just the beginning.
Investigating the American Envoy will ensure their human rights tier remains on 3 ( lowest level)

The pretence is giving way to what's really there.
Absolute power.

This miltary will start ruling by far nastier means as evidenced by threats .
Human rights abuses will attract in time sanctions.
This will cause them to shift heavily to nationalist propaganda .

Lets see how much darker this gets.
Anti westerner sentiment will be blamed for economic down turn.

And the opponents rounded up.
Deportation of westerners perhaps on mass when things get rough.
Isolation.

This isn't far fetched
It's actually typical of a power base that's unelected and run by power of military.
These people understand and are advised by communist China what to do and say.

The biggest fear will be an uprising that's bloody in its suppression .

These warning signs of mass arrest seem like to me the beginning of a terrible unpredictable time ahead.
If hundeds are jailed for Facebook .
Thailand will be avoided like the plague .
It's becoming orwellian

When will Thai's Finally band together and MASS Post something (Which could range from literally 1,000's of topics) since the law is so broadly and unjustifiably used and stick together when the ridiculous Ultra-Nationlaists come for their heads for Outdated, Inhumane. Draconian LM charges. I have been here a long time and the Ingrained brainwashing from youth never ceases to amaze me.

What can you do....? coffee1.gif

Hey, that's the spirit! Just roll over and give-up.

Right, isn't that how progress everywhere has always been achieved?

It was a rhetorical question. as in, what can you do with a pile of dung? Nothing!

Rolling over and giving up, no, that's not me. Side stepping the dung and leaving it behind? Yep, that's my style.

You should work on your style. coffee1.gif