Army called to probe threat against Phuket Navy officer over gambling den raid

webfact

Army called to probe threat against Phuket Navy officer over gambling den raid
Saroj Kueprasertkij

1449740419_1-org.jpg
The threat was made against Col Sompop Kamkana (far left in photo) of the Royal Thai Navy Third Area Command while he was leading a raid at a neighbourhood gambling den in Chalong on Monday (Dec 7).

PHUKET: -- The Royal Thai Navy are investigating a threat made allegedly by an Army colonel warning a Navy officer to stop a raid on an illegal gambling den in Phuket – or else be transferred out of the province by “powerful friends”.

The threat was made against Col Sompop Kamkana of the Royal Thai Navy Third Area Command while he was leading a raid at a neighbourhood gambling den in Chalong on Monday (Dec 7).

Navy personnel arrested more than 40 suspects after people were caught playing the popular three-dice game “High-Low”. Officers also seized slot machines found inside the house. (See story here.)

During the raid, one woman who was arrested gave Col Sompop her phone and said that someone wanted to talk to him, Col Sompop said.

“I took the phone from her and a man was on the other end. He said that he was an Army colonel and asked me to dismiss the case and release the suspects.

“After I refused, he started to condemn me with very rude words. He also threatened that he had powerful friends who would have me transferred out of Phuket,” Col Sompop told The Phuket News.

Col Sompop recorded the call, but the recording was not clear.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/army-called-to-probe-threat-against-phuket-navy-officer-over-gambling-den-raid-55337.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-12-11

The Navy are investigating a threat supposedly made by an army officer over a raid on a gambling den probably protected by the BIB. gigglem.gif

Any advances on the story so far ?

Just another day of lies, cheating and hypocrisy in the Land of Smiles. Nothing to see here, move along.

How can you record a conversation from someone else phone. How how how is possible to do that

On Android phones, if you're rooted, you can install a recording app and do it all on the phone used in the conversation.

Otherwise, put the call on speakerphone and record the call using another device, through the air.

Another case of My friend is higher than your friend.whistling.gif

Will be interesting to see what The General does or says about this. coffee1.gif

Don't hold your breath - no royal images involved and this is an inter-forces turf issue. I predict it will be completely ignored.

How can you record a conversation from someone else phone. How how how is possible to do that

On Android phones, if you're rooted, you can install a recording app and do it all on the phone used in the conversation.

Otherwise, put the call on speakerphone and record the call using another device, through the air.

Or you can if one is available and in use with the right software, use a computer to capture everything

you can put the phone on speaker and use your own phone to record the conversation.d

It's not rocket surgery!!!!

It's not rocket surgery = comedy gold.

School of Del Boy.

The Navy are investigating a threat supposedly made by an army officer over a raid on a gambling den probably protected by the BIB. gigglem.gif

Any advances on the story so far ?

Just another day of lies, cheating and hypocrisy in the Land of Smiles. Nothing to see here, move along.

NongKhaiKid,Just be thankful for a government that is in corruption.If it wasn't for the corruption this country would be very successful with a high .GDP .A country like that unless you had an income of $ %,000 am month to live there.This corruption allows us to be here....so keep it going LOS.