Beautiful snake, 1.5 came to visit

THAIPHUKET

I have seen a number of snakes that size around here but never one that was so beautiful.

She was too close to grab my camera, about 1 m away when I noticed her looking up from a book.

Apparently she didn`t like what she saw. Having studied me , both of us motionless, for about 2 minutes , she made all of a sudden an amazingly fast dash for the garden.

She had 2 very pronounced black stripes on each side , the rest of the skin was shiny pale golden.

Would have been the envy of any designer.

What could that have been?

Edited by THAIPHUKET

did you notice what book she was reading?

Yeah, I spotted that too but declined to comment smile.png

Was just about to type something up also. biggrin.png

But as mentioned, most likely a Golden Tree Snake and common in Chiang Mai. One meter, surprised it got that close as they are quite skittish and extremely fast. The first time I saw one was many years ago in Mae Rim. Was backing out of a narrow dirt road and saw one moving very fast straight across the road, right up a tree like it was just part of the road. It did startle me as I've not seen one before and it was big but did take note of how gorgeous it was.

did you notice what book she was reading?

Yeah, I spotted that too but declined to comment smile.png

Isn't English a wonderful language?

The real English people would have spotted the "comeback" within 1 second.......I bet it took you 10 seconds?