10 Things You Didn't Know About KFC

rooster59

A guilty pleasure. I eat it about 2 or three times a year, but try to avoid it because of the horrible way they treat their chickens. I think its popular all over Asia because every Asian cuisine has a version of fried chicken, so its a lot easier to relate tothan hamburgers and pizzas.

11 herbs and spices,, a secret,, many people know the recipe,

Newlywed foods mix the secret herbs in their factories all over

the world, even in Bangkok,, (Bang Na) the list of herbs are on

a clipboard so the right ingredients and quantaties are mixed in

the righ proportions,, the great thing about it is tasting the new

recipes not yet introduced, yummy,, i could eat KFC every day

if i could,, great video,, very slick production.

When I lived in Japan I found it extremely amusing that the Japanese considered that the typical Christmas dinner Westerners would have was KFC. When I invited my Japanese friend to my home for a Christmas dinner they were shocked that I didn't have Kentucky Fried Chicken. I had a beautiful 20lb Turkey with all the fixings. Most them had never seen a turkey before and were amazed at the size. The stuffing, gravy and cranberry sauce, along with the sweet potato mash and pumpkin pie also were eye opening to them.

We all know about how unhealthy fast foods, cholesterol saturated etc..

But for many of us, some families, kids in particular it became a favorite eating place at least once a month,,

so we are having KFC culture !!!

KFC culture...... now there's a good oxymoron.

I know how unhealthy the food is, but KFC in my opinion is by far the best cooked fast food restaurant around today. ( the other would be subway sandwiches )

Hang on, Subway sandwiches aren't cooked, unless you order toasted.

I know how unhealthy the food is, but KFC in my opinion is by far the best cooked fast food restaurant around today. ( the other would be subway sandwiches )

Just goes to prove how humans love to eat various forms of meat in all its glory.

Occasionally I partake..( guilty as charged, your honor ) while every time it is the same:

After eating just 2 pcs along with the fries and the coke or other soda beverage you find yourself wondering why you came and ate at KFC, once again, knowing well the feeling of just having eaten a whole lot of grease and more or less mass produced, high fat content, antibiotic or steroidal loaded meat coated in "what the heck is the batter made from" chicken parts that leave you feeling bloated and somewhat disgusted having eaten KFC ...once again.

Why do we do it?

I think the flavor aspect of KFC leaves an imprint on your mind while a person sometimes gravitates towards KFC when the visual aspect of a KFC franchise outlet interacts with the taste and flavor aspect imprinted on your mind when you are feeling hungry...so...into KFC you go rather than a more healthy choice like Subway ...right next door.

Cheers

KFC is definitely better tasting/cooked in Thailand (compared to Australia and it would have to be much better than in America), because most Asian countries know how to cook using oil.

Our first try of KFC in Thailand was in the small outlet at Tescos Hua Hin, it was so well cooked, tasted the same but no oil dripping off, almost as though it is zap fried.

What kind of oil do they use at KFC in Thailand?

Toxic oil of course, high in omega 6's. I don't eat this garbage and only use organic virgin coconut oil in my cooking which is extremely healthful, as against processed oils which are terrible for the heart and cause inflammation in the body (the real cause of heart damage NOT cholesterol) - cholesterol is actually vital for the body to function and will only compromise the heart if it is too low. Just figure, why would the body produce up to 80% of the cholesterol in the body if it was bad for you? Dietary cholesterol is insignificant and if the level is elevated then the body compromises by producing less.

If you want to reduce your vLDL cholesterol (bad) then simply exercise and eat more fiber (both insoluble and soluble) such as with oats, chia + flax seeds and fruit and veg.

KFC is definitely better tasting/cooked in Thailand (compared to Australia and it would have to be much better than in America), because most Asian countries know how to cook using oil.

Our first try of KFC in Thailand was in the small outlet at Tescos Hua Hin, it was so well cooked, tasted the same but no oil dripping off, almost as though it is zap fried.

Actully..to an extant every outlet is somewhat different in the quality??? but the same format.

I remember back in my own country, several times, when I ordered a KFC meal ( 2 pcs or 3 pcs, like that ) I was served chicken parts and fries that would be considered inedible by anyone....or certainly most people.

The Chicken pieces were dried up and shrunken / shriveled looking and certainly not fresh out of the pressure cooker / fryer while the French Fries were overly cooked and even dark brown and greasy and not appealing looking at all...let alone edible.

Of course I rejected the meal and said I will wait for a fresh meal .....or..... just give me my money back...

It has a lot to do with the staff and the people running the KFC operation as I could see that the staff ( mostly young girls and or boys ) clearly displaying a: "I do not care attitude"..... plainly seen by what they are throwing in front of you as a meal..... as if no one would notice or ever complain.

Numerous times at different locations over the years....and once some pretty strong words needing to be said when I was ignored and somewhat belittled for pointing out the meal served to me is not acceptable like this...and ......just give me my money back.

Cheers

Edited by gemguy