Factory reset my AIS Fiber router and now can't connect to the internet

davejonesbkk

Ive had a stubborn virus on both my Windows PC and iPad for a few days now, after trying every malware and virus removal out there and not finding anything I was advised to reset my router as the virus can sometimes be on that.

I have some ZTE router which I can find zero info for on the web and I have never really touched it since it was installed with my fiber line by AIS 6 months ago.

I did the hard reset as normal and then logged into the router via ethernet, the admin settings look a lot different to other routers in the past and not user friendly at all but I think I managed to find the WAN settings in the end and I created a new network but the new network name never showed up but there is one called 'ZTE-ed5fdd' but no matter what name network I create in the settings that is all that shows up. Also in the WAN connections there seems to always be one called 'omci_ipv4_ppoe_1' even right after I have done a hard reset so I dont know what that is or why its there after a reset.

I eventually changed the pw on this and then was able to connect to the network 'ZTE-ed5fdd' but I can't open any webpages but after several refreshes its showing some AIS dashboard page like in the screenshot attached and even when I connect with just the ethernet cable I get that too. Why would I need to authenticate anything with AIS when making and connecting to a new wireless network?

Its been a long time since I setup a new network or did anything with a router, am I doing something wrong here or is there a problem with the router or AIS?

sorry, don't see any screenshot.

Your Fiber Optic modem can automatically provision itself with correct PPPoE login credentials. That's usually where the 'omci...' entries come from.

Make sure in NETWORK -> WAN that there is an valid interface created using the correct VLAN and User/Pass credentials.

Then in NETWORK -> ROUTING make sure that 'omci...' interface entry is selected as the one to use for the WAN CONNECTION.

Double-check that the network is up and running by selecting NETWORK -> ROUTING :: Routing Table

The routing table should display two or three lines (indicating connections between the external upstream gateway and your LAN interface as a gateway

Network Address Subnet Mask Gateway Interface

118.172.80.1** 255.255.255.255 omci1_pppoe
192.168.2.0** 255.255.255.0 br0
0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 118.172.80.1** omci1_pppoe
** Your IP Address will of course be different
The main router needs to be functioning before you can expect any Internet traffic to flow over your WiFi 'wireless network'.
Edited by RichCor

sorry the pic didn't seem to upload not sure why.

AIS have been saying I should call them before doing anything to the router which isn't very good tbh, they have given me my proper username and pw to add in the router admin settings but I still can't get online and they are having a technician look at it remotely tomorrow, I will try what you suggested in the meantime though, thanks.

Probably missing the proper VLAN (Virtual LAN) number.

The router also has a setting called TR-069 that can autoconfig the router without much input (it requests the proper configuration info from the provisioning server over the physical line, based on it's registered MAC address).

Hopefully the technician will get it all sorted for you tomorrow.

Edited by RichCor

Probably missing the proper VLAN (Virtual LAN) number.

The router also has a setting called TR-069 that can autoconfig the router without much input (it requests the proper configuration info from the provisioning server over the physical line, based on it's registered MAC address).

Hopefully the technician will get it all sorted for you tomorrow.

I figured it out, 'omci_ipv4_ppoe_1' was the network name I had to select and then I had to set a special AIS login in the router for it.

It works now but Im still a bit confused as I have created my own wireless network with its own name on my PC which I connect to but on my iPad it shows the network as 'ZTE-ed5fdd' and not the network name I created and not sure why, I will tinker further and can probably figure it out though, thanks again for the help!

It works now but Im still a bit confused as I have created my own wireless network with its own name on my PC which I connect to but on my iPad it shows the network as 'ZTE-ed5fdd' and not the network name I created and not sure why, ...

WiFi connectivity and settings are separate and independent from your Internet setting (even though they may be in the same device).

I'm a little confused by your statement, "I have created my own wireless network with its own name on my PC".

Could you clarify if your setup is:

a. Modem/Router also have built-in WiFi, on which an SSID name has been set

b. no built-in WiFi so a second box (WiFi Router or WiFi Access Point) provides the WiFi

c. no WiFi box so connected by Ethernet cable to PC, then using a special proggy that turns the PC into a WiFi Access Point

...used to share Internet with portable WiFi devices.

and does your iPad see all the available SSID connection point names available?

• 5 weeks later...