Running out of visa options

Hello. I've lived in Thailand for about 5 years now, I have a non-Thai girlfriend (we're not married) who works and had a Non-B visa, I have a 3 years old daughter who has a non-thai passport and is enrolled in a local school.

90% of my time here I had a Non-B Visas from various jobs. However about 6 months ago I lost my job and had to apply for a tourist visa, which I did, in Kolkata where I received a double entry tourist visa. Yesterday I applied for the final 30 days extension on my second entry which means I have tl leave Thailand by Jan 14, 2016.

What options do I have? Initially I thought about a guardian visa for my daughter but I don't have the required 300.000 (or 500.000, not sure which is it) baht in my bank account. Though also about a dependent visa on my girlfriends non B but to get that we'd have to be married and that turned out to be very complicated to set up (both our countries required long lists of documents that we couldn't produce, definitely wan't be able to make it happen by Jan 14. )

In my current passport (I changed it quite recently) I have just one Double Entry tourist Visa with 30 days extensions on both entires.

I live in Phuket so the closest embassy would be KL / Penang / Singapore. I'm Polsh, 33 years old.

What are my options?

Edited by manonthemon

Only options look to be based on your child being at school which needs 500,000 in a Thai bank.

OR

A single entry Tourist Visa.

OR

You going to school yourself and getting an Ed Visa.

Unless someone can think of something else.

Edited by Eclipse

You could do a border crossing to get a 15 day visa exempt entry that can be extended for 30 days at an immigration office.

You could go to Penang and get a single entry tourist visa.

Does your child have and extension of stay based upon attending school? You could get a single entry non-o visa if she is on one.

What are the requirements and will I get it if I already have a double entry tourist visa with a 30 day extension on each stay?

Does your child have and extension of stay based upon attending school? You could get a single entry non-o visa if she is on one.

I don't think she has one, she's on a on arrival stamp and a long overstay (if I got her the proper visa and extension of stay do I still need to show 500k thb in thai bank?)

What are the costs/ procedures for obtaining one?

What are the requirements and will I get it if I already have a double entry tourist visa with a 30 day extension on each stay?

I don't think she has one, she's on a on arrival stamp and a long overstay (if I got her the proper visa and extension of stay do I still need to show 500k thb in thai bank?)

What are the costs/ procedures for obtaining one?

You current tourist visa and extensions will have no effect on you getting a tourist visa in Penang. All you need to apply for it is your passport and an application form.

If she was on an extension you could get the single entry non-o with no financial proof needed. She should at least be on an extension as her mothers dependent.

Not sure what the costs for a school are now. For a course of study that would give you the required 400 hours would be from 20k baht to more 30k baht dependent upon the school. Once you are enrolled in a school and have the required documents you would need to get a single entry non-ed visa and then apply for extensions at immigration every 90 days.

Thank you, very helpful

If she was on an extension you could get the single entry non-o with no financial proof needed. She should at least be on an extension as her mothers dependent.

For my daughter to become her mother's dependent, the mother would have to show 500k thb in the bank right? Also, not sure if it matters, but as mentioned before, I'm not married to the mother.

Thank you, very helpful

For my daughter to become her mother's dependent, the mother would have to show 500k thb in the bank right? Also, not sure if it matters, but as mentioned before, I'm not married to the mother.

I assume you child's mother is on an extension of stay based upon working. Your child is eligible for an extension as her dependent with no financial proof.

The 500k baht is only needed for the parent of a child attending school to get an extension.

I assume you child's mother is on an extension of stay based upon working.

That is correct

Your child is eligible for an extension as her dependent with no financial proof based upon her extension.

Ok, so what do I need to get first? An extension of stay for my daughter based on her mothers extension, as her dependent? Does she need to get a visa (what kind) for that or what is the procedure?

And then, once she get's an extension as her mother's dependent, I can get a single entry Non-O based on that, without financial proof?

Your child is eligible for an extension as her dependent with no financial proof based upon her extension.

Ok, so what do I need to get first? An extension of stay for my daughter based on her mothers extension, as her dependent? Does she need to get a visa (what kind) for that or what is the procedure?

And then, once she get's an extension as her mother's dependent, I can get a single entry Non-O based on that, without financial proof?

I mostly mentioned your child getting the extension because it would make her stay here legal. Although she is not liable for overstay fines she should still have a visa/extension.

Not sure you would be able to get a single entry non-o based upon her being on a dependent extension at a nearby location. You could try it instead of getting a tourist visa. The advantage of the non-o verses a tourist visa is that there would be no need to apply for and pay 1900 baht for a 30 day extension.

The 500k baht would only be needed for you to apply for a one year extension based upon being the father of your child if she was attending school and and an extension for that.

Going back to tourist visa. Is Penang the only option or can I get it in KL (or elsewhere)? How long am I allowed to stay on a single tourist visa?

A tourist visa allows initial stay of 60 days which can be extended for another 30 days at an immigration office.

Tourist visas can be applied for at any Thai Embassy/Consulate.

• Like 1

Going back to tourist visa. Is Penang the only option or can I get it in KL (or elsewhere)? How long am I allowed to stay on a single tourist visa?

I don't recommend KL as a place to get any visa. They are unpredictable in their requirements.

The only nearby locations I recommend are Vientiane, Savannakhet or Penang.

A single entry tourist visa gives you the same 60 days that can be extended for 30 days at immigration as the 2 entry you have.

I don't recommend KL as a place to get any visa. They are unpredictable in their requirements.

Thank you, that's exactly what I needed to know, I was thinking of going to KL instead of Penang as the flights are much cheaper but I think I'll pass.

Seems most suggestions will get you about 90 days. In reality does that help you stay with your family in a secure sense? The Elite was made for you. Bite the bullet and sign up. Gives you five years to relax with your family. Could be a whole new world at the end of 5 years. You are a lifetime away from a retirement extension so stop with the nickel and dime solutions and get the long term Elite.

Seems most suggestions will get you about 90 days. In reality does that help you stay with your family in a secure sense? The Elite was made for you. Bite the bullet and sign up. Gives you five years to relax with your family. Could be a whole new world at the end of 5 years. You are a lifetime away from a retirement extension so stop with the nickel and dime solutions and get the long term Elite.

If he doesn't have money available to apply for an extension of stay and had to ask how much it would cost to do a course of study for an Ed Visa and lost his employment 6 months ago, paying Baht 500,000 for an Elite Visa doesn't seem a realistic option.

What options do I have? Initially I thought about a guardian visa for my daughter but I don't have the required 300.000 (or 500.000,
about 6 months ago I lost my job
  • Like 2

Thank you, that's exactly what I needed to know, I was thinking of going to KL instead of Penang as the flights are much cheaper but I think I'll pass.

Take buses to Penang, it's not that far from Phuket and quiet cheap.