Problems with Chevrolet after sales service

taff33

I'm very surprised that Chevrolet replaced the wiper blades. The Internet says that 6 months to a year is proper for replacing wiper blades. Some times the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Good for you.

I'm down to about that these days,new wipers at BQuick 1000 Bht .one min to fit,30 to pay.

1000 baht for a set of wipers seems expensive, is that just the rubbers or the blade as well?

Edited by giddyup

I'm down to about that these days,new wipers at BQuick 1000 Bht .one min to fit,30 to pay.

Just bought 2 Bosch 21" wipers not borch etc , 300bht pr but the shop didn't fit them luckily i have the skill setwink.png .

Make sure you note that one down on your CV :D

Just bought 2 Bosch 21" wipers not borch etc , 300bht pr but the shop didn't fit them luckily i have the skill setwink.png .

Make sure you note that one down on your CV biggrin.png

Yes would be invaluable if i was ever allowed to apply for a management post at BQuicksmile.png

First problem is you bought a Chevy, mate. This is just the beginning..

Care to divulge further please,after 7 years as a Colorado owner I have nothing but praise for their after service care and the reliability of the truck itself.

A new fan belt,change of tyres,regular oil changes,wiper blades the usual wear and tear,as good as new.

Were you aware that GM was bankrupt? They needed a 50billiion dollar bailout from the US government. The US government lost 11 billion dollars. What was the problem? Cookie cutter designs, high maintenance, and low quality parts used.

Japanese vehicles were far superior. Nobody wanted the US cars but they were far behind the game. It's hard to sell cars when the makers say they are producing garbage and the CEO of the company admits that their cars are shit.

Recently, they have been producing better quality cars though and their profits have been much higher.

The way the Chevrolet bankruptcy was handled (unions making out, investors taking a haircut) is the reason I will NEVER own a GM product.....ever.

Rubbish,I bought a Chevy opera 10 years ago my son drives it ,never had a moments trouble,

Must be noisy though.

Nope,brilliant car,I was really surprised, I intended to sell it after 2 to 3 years. But it was so good we kept it ,now our son loves driving it

Rubbish,I bought a Chevy opera 10 years ago my son drives it ,never had a moments trouble,

Must be noisy though.

Nope,brilliant car,I was really surprised, I intended to sell it after 2 to 3 years. But it was so good we kept it ,now our son loves driving it

Right over your headwink.png have a look at the Badge or Blue bookbiggrin.png

Edited by kartman

Must be noisy though.

I think you'll find it's an Optra, not an Opera - and indeed the latter is a bit noisy :P

I heard that years ago wiper blades were made of only natural rubber. With long exposure to hot window glass the rubber deteriorated faster. Hence, lift-off. But now synthetic rubber mixed into blades so no rot, and no heavy lifting needed.

I heard that years ago wiper blades were made of only natural rubber. With long exposure to hot window glass the rubber deteriorated faster. Hence, lift-off. But now synthetic rubber mixed into blades so no rot, and no heavy lifting needed.

That must have been why car manufacturers never advised, in the owner's manuals, to lift them off the glass?

What about the rubber seals around the windows, were owners advised to remove those when in the sun? And how about tyres, was it best to lift them off the road?

That must have been why car manufacturers never advised, in the owner's manuals, to lift them off the glass?

What about the rubber seals around the windows, were owners advised to remove those when in the sun? And how about tyres, was it best to lift them off the road?

all rubber items have a shelf life. Tyres about 5 years or less if in direct sunlight!

Wiper blades resting on a hot screen get a "set" from heat when stationary. It means they get a curve "set" in one direction. Soooo, OK in one direction but not in the other...

That might be the case if you didn't know that wiper blades are attached to flexible arms, they are not held rigidly in position

Even if they weren't flexibly mounted and even if they did "set", the curve of a windscreen is the same regardless of which way it is being wiped, so ok in both directions.

all rubber items have a shelf life. Tyres about 5 years or less if in direct sunlight!

I am aware of that(!).

I lift mine off the screen so they dont freeze to it when it snows.

Obviously that was sarcasm as it doesn't snow that much here but that would be the only justifiable reason for lifting wipers (unless, of course, the temperature got higher than the melting point of wiper blade rubber).

Wiper blades resting on a hot screen get a "set" from heat when stationary. It means they get a curve "set" in one direction. Soooo, OK in one direction but not in the other...

That might be the case if you didn't know that wiper blades are attached to flexible arms, they are not held rigidly in position

Even if they weren't flexibly mounted and even if they did "set", the curve of a windscreen is the same regardless of which way it is being wiped, so ok in both directions.

Gawd.........Read my post again...Plus I have driven all sorts of rides for zillions of miles and I know what happens to them...rolleyes.gif

Gawd...I don't need to...and how many miles you have driven doesn't mean anything. It sure doesn't mean that you know so much that you views can't be opposed and it sure doesn't mean that wiper blades set in a shape that makes them inoperative 50% of the time due to windscreen curve.

Cars, heavy goods vehicles, drove them all, same problem....Forgot to mention the heat from the screen alters the blade structure if prolonged....I bought silicone blades, vast improvement but can't find them now...

Cars, HVGs, doesn't matter what you have driven they all have the same windscreen, that is, glass that more than likely has a curve to it, and all windscreen wipers are designed to cope with shaped glass.

What sort of glass is it that you think that you have experience of that has develops so much heat that the "structure of the blade is altered"? Do you not think that wiper blade manufacturers have more knowledge about their business than some bloke who's driven a lot of miles?

Your opinions are normally very rational but what you're trying to postulate here about wipers and windscreens is just wrong.